IGNORED

I'm Home, Alive And Well! (And With A "New" Ride!)

86er

7,910 miles around this great country and I am home! Well, I was home for two nights and then did another three day, two night 600+mile trip back to the Wheels Through Time Museum with a couple of friends. In fact, I got to spend an hour walking around the museum with the owners son and got some really incredible info and stories! Anyone that gets the opportunity to get to this museum should!

Whew!!! Great trip, and I met a few of the VR.O family. Granted, I'm no LAPryor, but I spent one night with Eck in Huntsville Al, and one night with Gibvel in Loveland Co, then I had to back out on an offer from Utadventure in Salt Lake City Ut because we got behind schedule (sorry Dave, I really wanted to get there!), but I did get to meet with Ctrayler in Mtn Home Ar as I was passing through. (Thanks for the lunch Curtis!)

Long story short...My National Park Pass paid for itself! I shipped home some great Hatch green chilies from Taos NM, and with a couple of friends, I did the Badlands in SD, Mt Rushmore, the Crazy Horse memorial (although that isn't a national park; they won't accept gov. money!), Little Big Horn, Yellowstone (3 times, back and forth) Glacier and the Tetons. But there sure is a lot of FLAT land in the middle of this counrty!

But I guess one of the biggest things of the trip was while I was in Ks. After 7000 miles of this 8000 mile trip I spent a week in Kansas. Across the street from where I was staying was a 1950, 5 window GMC truck for sale. I tried for a week to talk myself out of it. Didn't work! I made the last 1000 miles driving 47 miles an hour with the Venture in the back of my bran-used truck!

It was kind of a drag not finishing the trip on the bike, but it was worth it to bring this Black Jewel home with me! The truck has a new 1967 motor, but it is pretty much original. It probably won't stay that way. As time and money permit, I'd like to put a 350 in it and maybe a 4 wheel drive chassis under it.

I'm gonna attach a few pics of the truck here and, if I can figure it out, I'll post some pics of the trip in photobucket. (I did post a few trip pics in this thread)

Wow, what trip!!! :thumbsup:

Beautifull truck, almost don't have to touch it at all. Great pictures, wish I could have been there with you. It must have been amazing to see those sights on your ride. I've ridden the east coast of Maui over to Hana on a Heritage Softail in 96, but I'd like to see all that riding out there from close up!

That old truck is older than you....:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:but sure looks good for its age, thats more than I can say for some of us that are as old or older than it............Sounds like a great trip, wish I could do one like that, but that will have to wait a few years after I retire...........:whistling::whistling:

Guest Fly-N-Lo

Hey Bro,

Nice to have you back. Great hearing from you yesterday. Can't wait to see the old gal, maybe tomorrow. Depending on the warden's/"b" mood in the morning, I may need a place to hide:whistling:...can you say cranky tonight???? Must be a mid-life thingy...ouch:( Call me in the am and give an excuse...hint hint:)

Nice looking truck. Now when you go on long trips don't forget to call someone so we know where you are. We got worried a few times cause nobody knew where you were. I'm glad you had fun on your trip and we'll be waiting for those pics I know you took.

Margaret

:doh:

I knew I was going to get in trouble!!! I blame this here dag-burned internety thing! (Oh yeah, and sprint!)

It's nice to know I'm loved!

That old truck is older than you....:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:but sure looks good for its age, thats more than I can say for some of us that are as old or older than it............Sounds like a great trip, wish I could do one like that, but that will have to wait a few years after I retire...........:whistling::whistling:

Yeah, it's 3 years older than me

and I think it's in better shape too!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

WE NEED A 100000 MLS SITE ON HERE,LIKE TO SEE ALL THe ZEROS,HOW ABOUT YOU 2GEN OWNERS,[RED NECK]my COWASAKI has 77000 on it now

now post the mls on the GMC,bet it don't show that many

gerat looking truck,personaly i would leave it as org as possable,not to many around

8000 mls,now that is a ride,but out in the flat land,about the only thing to do is check to see if the mile marker match the spedo,been there done that,HELL will DO IT AGAIN

WE NEED A 100000 MLS SITE ON HERE,LIKE TO SEE ALL THe ZEROS,HOW ABOUT YOU 2GEN OWNERS,[RED NECK]my COWASAKI has 77000 on it now

now post the mls on the GMC,bet it don't show that many

gerat looking truck,personaly i would leave it as org as possable,not to many around

8000 mls,now that is a ride,but out in the flat land,about the only thing to do is check to see if the mile marker match the spedo,been there done that,HELL will DO IT AGAIN

Lowell It was nice to hear from you again ,,,,,,,You always surprise us with your out of the blue phone call

You definately will be over the 100,000 mile bracket when you come up here again and of course drink me dry:rotfl:

quote=86er;134957]

7,910 miles around this great country and I am home! Well, I was home for two nights and then did another three day, two night 600+mile trip back to the Wheels Through Time Museum with a couple of friends. In fact, I got to spend an hour walking around the museum with the owners son and got some really incredible info and stories! Anyone that gets the opportunity to get to this museum should!

Whew!!! Great trip, and I met a few of the VR.O family. Granted, I'm no LAPryor, but I spent one night with Eck in Huntsville Al, and one night with Gibvel in Loveland Co, then I had to back out on an offer from Utadventure in Salt Lake City Ut because we got behind schedule (sorry Dave, I really wanted to get there!), but I did get to meet with Ctrayler in Mtn Home Ar as I was passing through. (Thanks for the lunch Curtis!)

Long story short...My National Park Pass paid for itself! I shipped home some great Hatch green chilies from Taos NM, and with a couple of friends, I did the Badlands in SD, Mt Rushmore, the Crazy Horse memorial (although that isn't a national park; they won't accept gov. money!), Little Big Horn, Yellowstone (3 times, back and forth) Glacier and the Tetons. But there sure is a lot of FLAT land in the middle of this counrty!

But I guess one of the biggest things of the trip was while I was in Ks. After 7000 miles of this 8000 mile trip I spent a week in Kansas. Across the street from where I was staying was a 1950, 5 window GMC truck for sale. I tried for a week to talk myself out of it. Didn't work! I made the last 1000 miles driving 47 miles an hour with the Venture in the back of my bran-used truck!

It was kind of a drag not finishing the trip on the bike, but it was worth it to bring this Black Jewel home with me! The truck has a new 1967 motor, but it is pretty much original. It probably won't stay that way. As time and money permit, I'd like to put a 350 in it and maybe a 4 wheel drive chassis under it.

I'm gonna attach a few pics of the truck here and, if I can figure it out, I'll post some pics of the trip in photobucket. (I did post a few trip pics in this thread)

Wow, what trip!!! :thumbsup:

Glad you are back home safe and sound! Sleeperhawk and I want to do basically the same trip you did! Sounds like a beautiful trip that everyone should make at least once in a lifetime!:)

I love that truck! It reminds me of the one my uncle had. Spent some time in the back being hauled out to the fields in it along with my cousins for cheap labor! :stirthepot:

Hope you are not too tired to make our South Carolina Meet and Eat on October 27!!! Got plenty of room - bring your sleeping bag! Got a DQ trip planned too! :ice_awesome-vi46644

Ride safe,

Bobbie