IGNORED

favorite thing to eat at thanksgiving

footsie

I'll take a 4 inch mound of mashed potatoes with the center hollow and filled with 2 pints of gravy. Lay a stack of ham and turkey beside that with gravy on the bird.Now fill any vacancies on the plate with an assortment of veggies. (This may require more then one plate).Now I need half a dozen sweet rolls to my left with butter, and a half gallon of ice tea on my right.After a second helping it's time to sample all the desserts followed by some quality time on the couch in the horizontal position.:big-grin-emoticon:

NOT BEETS !!!

Twice in my life I have been outwitted by those dirt tasting tubers.

When I was 7 or so, at Grandma G's I saw these cool looking cranberries,,,,, give me three, Grandma. Pickled beets. Gagged me, expecting jelled cranberry taste,,, SO NOT CRANBERRIES!

Then a few years ago at the Dillard House (NE GA), saw these big cherry looking things,,,,,mmmmm. NOT,,,, Harvard Beets. SO NOT CHERRIES!

So,,, maybe cranberries?

In fact, it is my annual function to concoct the cranberry sauce

(Chopped cranberries, pecans, orange & peel, generous on sugar, a bit of bourbon,,, good idea Mom. Or look on the back of the Ocean Spray bag.)

Enjoy, Mike G in SC

Ummmmmmm....all of it, This is a trick question right

:confused24:

You know that's true!

One of my favorites is fried corn.

Every summer as the sweet corn's coming in Irene goes to a farm stand and buys what seems like half a truck full. We shuck it, she cuts it off the cob, and it's in bags in the freezer as quickly as we can get it there. (Trying to beat, as much as is possible, the sugar to starch conversion that goes on once it's picked.) Come Thanksgiving she pulls out a bag or three and fries it up with butter in a big cast skillet.

Wow.

You know that's true!

One of my favorites is fried corn.

Every summer as the sweet corn's coming in Irene goes to a farm stand and buys what seems like half a truck full. We shuck it, she cuts it off the cob, and it's in bags in the freezer as quickly as we can get it there. (Trying to beat, as much as is possible, the sugar to starch conversion that goes on once it's picked.) Come Thanksgiving she pulls out a bag or three and fries it up with butter in a big cast skillet.

Wow.

That sounds awsome, if I leave Houston Right now I can be there in time for a plate of it

:banana: