IGNORED

WHY ??? did you change your exhaust

cb1313

I bought aftermarket pipes to drown out the clutch whine I still had after changing the clutch basket. I switched back for 1 week-end and returned the Roadhouse exhaust to the bike. The whine was still there. The growl of the Roadhouse Pipes helps a lot.

Cheers,

Steve

Got BUBS on my 00 RSV. Love the sound, not sure if they have been drilled out. Got the bike with them on it. But man do they sound bada$$ when I hammer the gas. :backinmyday: My buddy drops back when we are out riding together. He's got a wing, I can't hear his running at the stop lights.. :rotf::rotf:

As far as performance they aren't going to give you any more. It's all about sound and looks. And everyone has a different tolerance for noise. I never have cared for a lot of noise. That being said, I would say the stock mufflers on my RSV sound like a set of new glasspacks before they have settled. I wouldn't mind a little more sound. My Road Star has Bub's Big Willys and although they have a good sound they are way too loud for me.

I'm thinking that I would probably like the sound of some unmodified Harley mufflers.

In fact, I was at the local H-D dealer 2 weeks ago looking for gloves for my wife and I stepped to the service department to ask if they had a set of "throwaway" take off's. Sure! Only $200! :crackup: :rotf: :no-no-no: :rotfl: :sign thanks but no:

I think I'm happy with what I have. :hihi:

In fact, I was at the local H-D dealer 2 weeks ago looking for gloves for my wife and I stepped to the service department to ask if they had a set of "throwaway" take off's. Sure! Only $200! :crackup: :rotf: :no-no-no: :rotfl: :sign thanks but no:

I think I'm happy with what I have. :hihi:

Another dealership in your area? I got mine for $0.00 from the dealer.

Dave

I too have the Baron 4-2-4 Nasty Boys . Great sound and still not to loud to hear the tunes (setting at 15) at any speed . Only complaint comes from the HD guys BEHIND me , but do I care ? ......NO !

I tried the HD pipes and didn't even really notice a difference and got rid of them . Wife says the Nasty Boys are not annoying and just comments that it sounds like we are riding in a group.

Performance......do not know , I'm too busy looking and sounding GOOD ! :hurts:

BEER30

Will Road Kings bolt right on to our RSVs or do they have to be modified? What are "throw aways" from the HD Dealers. There's a huge HD Dealer a few miles from my house. I'm not sure what I would get if I ask them for "throw aways.":confused24:

Thanks,

Glenn

Will Road Kings bolt right on to our RSVs or do they have to be modified? What are "throw aways" from the HD Dealers. There's a huge HD Dealer a few miles from my house. I'm not sure what I would get if I ask them for "throw aways.":confused24:

Thanks,

Glenn

Do a search for Road King, lots of help here. In short, you need a clamp at the front of the muffler, and a bracket (or hanger) for the rear. The mufflers themselves don't need modification, but there are different flavors--some with catalytic converters--so make sure you get the right ones. "Road king catalytic" might be a good search.

Dave

Thanks,

Glenn

You will need to make some new brackets , not hard to do . Don't know if Squidly still makes them . Need new muffler clamps . No modification required , but some drill hole in the them to make them louder . HD hardly throws them away , but you might find a sealer or two to se them cheap .You can obtain them in the $50.00 neighborhood .

BEER30

What are "throw aways" from the HD Dealers. :confused24:

Thanks,

Glenn

Some dealers swap out enough of the stock exhaust systems for aftermarket systems that they just trash the stock sets rather than take up space with something most people don't want. The more common term is "takeoffs".

I figured out how to cut mine the get the sound I wanted, but first I was given a set of RSTD with tips which I like the looks with the tips turned up.

But I wanted to fix it where you can't see any mods, so I used a dremel went up in the end of the muffler and cut the output tube.

The gives a low rumble at idle, and good glass pack sound under accelleration.

But does not bother me on long road trips.

Gregg

Changed mine out for a couple of reasons.

1) Sound....I want to hear that V4 roar. But I also wanted the cagers to hear it when I am beside them so they don't run my butt off the road, which was happening all to frequently with the stock pipes. Once I swapped em out, never had an issue again.

2) I loved the looks of the Baron 4-2-4s....just a really good looking set of muffs.

Didn't see any real performance increase, but I wasn't expecting to running stock headers...

the left exhaust pipe was rattling, so i went on ebay and picked up a brand new pair for 10 bucks plus delivery. i made a couple of simple brackets and voila. they are a little louder when on the juice, but the boss has not complained about being too loud while cruising.

check with anyone you know with a Harley and they probably have a pair in their garage. after i picked mine up from ebay and went riding with three of my cousins who ride Harleys, they all had a new pair in their garage that they said i could have. they have tried to sell them for 50 bucks or so.

I changed my pipes because at 60 mph with stock pipes, all I could hear was wind. I wanted to hear a little of the engine but I didn't want loud. I bought a set of RK take offs from the local HD dealer for a surprising $40.00. (they looked like brand new pipes)I left the RK pipes stock and I really love the way they sound. I can ride through any residential area without drawing attention while at the same time I can hear a little of the engine at 60 MPH