IGNORED

How many have had the H1N1 Flu?

Yama Mama

Didn't pick up on that #17 either Don, your an eagle eye! (besides, he's from Quebec, grace him)

In keeping with our pledge to keep these forums bike related, I render this safety alert:

Be advised, maintain an "extra" interval while riding this flu season! On occasion I have caught aromas of alcohol, marijuana, full diapers and terrible perfumes emitting from vehicles ahead of me. It stands to reason if a driver has the urge to sneeze, (an H1N1 sneeze), likely he/she will do so out the window of which you will soon pass thru! If you have had your shot, you may survive, should you have elected not to get your shot, you might as well turn around and go home. However, evasive actions can be called upon for those of us who have chosen to forgo the shot. I choose to be alert (sans the flu shot) and at the first sign of a sneeze reaction from the vehicle ahead of me I will trust my riding abilities to avert contamination by either braking hard (check rear view mirror), catch the exit ramp or pull over. Last but effective, hold your breath, drop to 3rd, wick it "ON" and go around, left or right, you choose.

There,,,,,,,bike related! :big-grin-emoticon:

Renne

Yama Mama,

Which school are you in? My better half, Liz Sabo Johnson is working with Cincinnati Public to organize swine flu response. She's had meeting with many of the school nurses. Speaks highly of you all. I'll ask her to look out for you.

Paul

I was wondering if you get flu shots - are you required for your job to get them, like many health care workers are?

This year all the media hype has everyone at work on pins and needles over getting sick. The minute you hear somone sneeze or cough at work you begin to ask them if they feel okay and you wonder if the N1H1 has made it's way into the cube farm. I now keep hand sanitizer on my desk and a container of clorex wipes in my drawer.

Yes Diane, I am to be offered the H1N1 immunization because of my job at least when it is available. And if people start paying attention to better health practices, at least as far as hand washing and use of hand sanitizers it will be a good thing to practice even if it is not flu season.

I heard of a case where somebody got a flu shot when the last "pandemic" hit and now has contracted the H1N1 as a direct result because they got so sick from that flu shot.

Urban legdends, you can't get sick from a flu shot, they use dead influenza viri, but it still makes your immune system create anti-bodies.

Urban legdends, you can't get sick from a flu shot, they use dead influenza viri, but it still makes your immune system create anti-bodies.

OK, so how do you account for so many people getting sick after having a flu shot? From what I've heard, you almost have to get sick in order for the immune system to create the anti-bodies. Now, those who get the flu shot every year may not experience this but those who don't or who have never had a flu shot... well, I know several who got real sick. Urban legend?...I don't believe it. Frankly, it's a documented fact.

I think the statement is correct but maybe worded incorrectly. The fact is that you cannot get the Flu from a Flu vaccine. There are some people who can get sick. Primarily those who are allergic to eggs and/or chicken protein. There are some people who can have an allergic reaction but the fact that a flue shot can give you the flu is indeed false.

I think the statement is correct but maybe worded incorrectly. The fact is that you cannot get the Flu from a Flu vaccine. There are some people who can get sick. Primarily those who are allergic to eggs and/or chicken protein. There are some people who can have an allergic reaction but the fact that a flue shot can give you the flu is indeed false.

Thanks Don, you're Correct ... but, you CAN get sick from it (just to clarify).

Yama Mama,

Which school are you in? My better half, Liz Sabo Johnson is working with Cincinnati Public to organize swine flu response. She's had meeting with many of the school nurses. Speaks highly of you all. I'll ask her to look out for you.

Paul

I actually work in the Mt. Healthy City Schools Northwest of the City borders. But I appreciate you asking. I would enjoy meeting her sometime. In fact, I may have seen her at some of the school nursing seminars.

Yama Mama

I actually work in the Mt. Healthy City Schools Northwest of the City borders. But I appreciate you asking. I would enjoy meeting her sometime. In fact, I may have seen her at some of the school nursing seminars.

Yama Mama

I'm right in your neighborhood. Our office is in Tri-County close to the Back Porch.

If you see Liz, say Hi she'd love to meet you. And if you have any problems or concerns about the immunizations, she'd be happy to do whatever you need done. She's really in to this. Makes for interesting dinner conversation. :Laugh:

Paul

Thanks Don, you're Correct ... but, you CAN get sick from it (just to clarify).

If you want to get PICKY!!!! An allergy is not defined as a sickness.

And even if you have not allergic reaction to a flu shot, it can make you ache as you immune system kicks in to create the anti-bodies.

I'm a sick puppy with the flu at the moment, but as soon as I'm back to normal :think::scratchchin: I'm off the the doc to get the swine flu jab. I have a low resistance to infection now, and have to go to the hospital for my out-patient visits, where I sit in a room full of people who may have had contact with "who knows what?" :stickpoke: The guv'ment has made available to everyone a free jab for this virus.

My work place just posted yesterday for our free yearly

flu shots , but says it will not be for the H1N1 , there

is none to be found in the state of Iowa for full on

shot giving. there will only be a certain amount

for those that need a special protection from it.

I myself get the flu shot every year as I am getting

kinda old! :D be safe out there!

Jeff

• 1 month later...

Part 1 & 2 of a 60 Minutes exposé on the Swine Flu vaccination program of 1976...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro1WL5ketWg]YouTube- SWINE FLU 1976 PROPAGANDA - PART I[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0aIoa97X5k&NR=1]YouTube- SWINE FLU 1976 PROPAGANDA - PART II[/ame]

There are two different vaccines out for the N1H1.

The injectable is made with dead viruses, you will not get N1H1 from it, But you will still feel like poo while your immune system is doing its thing.

The inhaled version is made with LIVE viruses, I don't know what your chances of getting an infection from it are.

As with any vaccine, while your immune system is busy fighting the dead bugs in the vaccine, it can miss some other bug that will still make you sick.

I have not had so much as a cold in the last 30 years, I''l stick with what works for me. Eat lots of preservatives like Twinkies, and HoHos.:innocent:

I do sneeze, cough and get colds. thankfully that is the worse I get. I used to be the guy at work smirking because everyone around me was sick and not me. Guess getting old. Right now have something in the back of my throat that doesn't want to go away. Caused my voice to go horse for a while. At least most of that is gone now so I know I am getting better. If it sticks around too much longer probably will go see the doctor about boosting my immunity. Mucinex PM has been helping.

Have hesitations on getting a live virus. Thanks for the previous clarification on injection is dead, inhale is live.

I do sometimes think our society is becoming obsessive about being clean. Wash hands, use handsanitizer, etc...I will admit I do it too, but it is like trying to live in a sterile environment and once a bug gets introduced, you get knocked on your a$$ because your immune system is not building the immunity it needs to fight it off because of all the cleaniness. It's ok to get dirty.

Never got a flu shot in my life until last year at the request of my wife. Haven't gotten one this year. Still debating.

I watch the Sunday morning show and they had a series on the h1n1 shot. they said something about a herd affect. If everyone around you gets the shot and they stay healthy, you stay healthy too even though you did not get the vaccine. A high majority of the population around you has to get the vaccine in order for this herd affect to hold true. They said if there is a low majority of the population that gets the vaccine then you are still likely to contract it because you are being infected by the majority who are sick.

Edited by Sideoftheroad