IGNORED

What is the farthest distance you have ridden in one day?

Yama Mama

What is the farthest distance you have ridden in one day? We went 700 and something from Cincinnati, Ohio to a town called Williams, Iowa this past August. That was the longest for us. We were tired, but because we stop to stretch our legs usually about every 2 hours or so, we really were not sore. Just tired, especially from the strong winds on I-80.

Yama Mama

Back in Nov 78 I got out of the Army. I had bought a full dressed 78 goldwing earlier in July. I rode from Clarksville, Tn to Flagstaff, Az only stopping to get gas and to eat. I was young and dumb then, no way would I try that again. It was a little over 1600 miles in about 31 hrs. 500 miles is all most to much for me now days. Im really in no hurry any more, just go till Im tired.

John

About a month ago I started out from my house in Round Lake Il at 5:30 AM, I rode down to the Dragon. I rode the Dragon, Hellbender, and the Smokey Mountain Parkway, then rode back to Shelbyville Kentucky. I arrived in Shelbyville at 12:30 AM and I totalled 1051 miles that day.:Venture:

A little over 2 years ago, I was returning home from San Diego & made it all the way to Southern Oregon before I called it quits at about 850 miles. I actually didn't feel bad at all. 2 years before that coming from the same place I went maybe 750 miles on my old V Star 1100 Silverado & was definitely ready to stop. The RSV made an amazing difference to me at the time. Now I'm used to the comfort. Like THAT'S hard to get used to. :)

We are originally from N.Y. Just last week I had to go up to see my dad. He's 80 now and my sister who lives up on long Island said we'd better get up there now dad's not doing to well. When we got up there it turned out he just has the 80 yr.old stuph!! We almost could not keep up with him!!! We took two days going up, but came home in one day 800+ miles. A very long day. We did stay for a couple of days but I had to get back for work. We rode out to Sayville to see Peggy's sister and I wanted to see the Vietnam Memorial they have there Bald Hill. Very impressive.

In july after leaving Nelson BC and Kruisn the kootenays, I rode up to Kamloops BC with SilvrT and Nina to visit my nephew. The morning I was leaving it was cold and raining in Kamloops but I got out of the rain after going over the first mountain pass, then I wanted to keep in front of the bad weather so I rode all the way home to Regina SK in about 20 hours and had a bit over 1400 kms on the scoot that day. (870 miles).

Brian

Edited by friesman
spelling

Last year coming back from Maggie Valley NC I did 600 miles in 95degree heat. Stopped for the night and 400 the next day. I had a Mustang seat on my LC 1500 and never got sore riding. How's the stock seat on the RSTD? Just got my new 08 and havn't had a chance to ride more than 75 miles in one ride yet. I think I'm really going to like this bike.

I don't remember the exact from and to places but the longest for me solo was about 1020 miles in about 17 hours from I think somewhere in Tennessee to somewhere in PA. The longest two up was coming home from Alberta, Canada a few years ago with Eileen. We did just over 700 miles one day. Don't remember how long that one was but probably about 12 hours or so. Both of these were on the '99 RSV.