IGNORED

My left leg was crushed last friday....

jiminohio

Punch that morphine button one more time. Two years ago I was looking at much the same thing. My left knee plateau was broken in half, plus there were other breaks, a severed artery, a fasciotomy, a clot in a vein, and yes, an external fixture. Punch that button again.

A couple of titanium plates, many titanium wood screws, a vein graft, a bone graft, lovenox, and a bunch of physical therapy later I only limp when I'm tired.

In July my wife and I went to the Ft Collins VentureRider International Rally. We met a lot of great people. We rode up Mt Evans, Trail Ridge Road, and Pike's Peak, plus on the way we rode the Beartooth and Chief Joseph Highways.

Hang in there. Make the nurses happy. Do all the physical therapists demand and more. Get well. Ride on.

Jim,

Sorry to hear about your accident but am grateful you lived to tell the tale. I'm sitting here with a surgery boot, a metal plate, six screws and 16 staples all from a silly fall from a scooter in Greece. And I can hardly wait to get back on my RSV. Your accident and injuries make mine look like nothing but I pray the day will come when we can take a ride together.

May the LORD Jesus Christ touch and heal you. May He give the patience to be a good patient. May He deliver you from pain, knit your bones, speed your healing and block any possibility of infection. May you know His presence and His peace. That is my prayer for you today Jim.

God bless

Lynn

You are in our thoughts and prayers.

My son called about a half hour ago to make sure we were home. He had just passed a crash out on the highway and could not tell what kind of bike it was, but he said it may have been a Harley bagger.

I went for a 150 mile ride thru the NC mountains yesterday just for fun with a friend that has an 89 Venture. It was on roads with a 55 mph speed limit that you could not maintain anywhere near that if you were a good crouch rocket rider.

I have to admit that more and more the thought crosses my mind when I am climbing on my bike if this may be the last time I get on it. I have tried to be very defensive with strobes and loud air horns. Yesterday after coming off the Blue Ridge Parkway, we were following a car that decided to turn into a gem mine place and he started to turn right in front of another car that was coming from the other direction. Finally at the last second the squalling tires from the other car got his attention and he finally stopped with just barely enough room for the other car to get by.

I hope someday soon you will be able to get back on another Venture. Please do keep up informed of your progress and your thoughts as we really do care.

RandyA

Very sorry to hear about your accident. Your leg sounds like mine looked in 1975. Hopefully with modern technology it will heal faster and better than mine did. Hang in there; life is not fun at this stage, but it does get better fast, once the "reality" of the moment wears off and you realize that life goes on. :080402gudl_prv:

OK,

I can say I'm sorry too. I actually am. I fear my own vunerability & am reminded of it by th situation you find yourself in. I hope for a speedy recovery.

But what I really want to know is this..... Are the nurses in ICU cute?

:innocent-emoticon:

Honestly glad for you're being here to chat w/us.

Joe

My prayers are lofting in the wind. Hope you get a speedy, full recovery.

My short stays in the hospital (both from scooter crashes) convinced me that any day in a hospital is a bad day, except the day you go home. But it beats the alternative, hands down.

Set your goals so that you see some progress every day or two. One day seems almost like the rest, until you hit the big milestones. Out of bed, peeing without a cath, walking the halls, heading outside finally... but if you see progress it will make your efforts worth it.

You've started your second life, buddy. Treat it well. Tell your loved ones how much they really mean. Tell your friends how much it means when they come to see you.

Set your goals so that you see some progress every day or two. One day seems almost like the rest, until you hit the big milestones. Out of bed, peeing without a cath, walking the halls, heading outside finally... but if you see progress it will make your efforts worth it.

You've started your second life, buddy. Treat it well. Tell your loved ones how much they really mean. Tell your friends how much it means when they come to see you.

Sounds like words of wisdom for life in general. Something we should all do. But skip the 'wreck the bike and body' part.

Good luck, and God willing, a speedy recovery.

BTW, if the answer to Pyro's qestion is yes, we will need to see pics as proof....

My son called about a half hour ago to make sure we were home. He had just passed a crash out on the highway and could not tell what kind of bike it was, but he said it may have been a Harley bagger.

As a follow up on this one, it involved a 53 year old guy and his 57 year old wife. It appears he was passing a Semi and clipped the left rear of the trailer. He died on the spot and his wife died the next day.

This kind of stuff can happen real quick.

RandyA