IGNORED

G'Day from Quickstep......

Quickstep

G'day all,

Wanted to introduce myself..... Alan Collins is the name - and Aussie Annie is me missus.:innocent: I joined the site as a way of saying thank you to you all for your encouragement and help you have given to Annie, in her endearvour's to return to riding.

I get a chuckle out of reading some of the posts, and find the tech stuff interesting.:clap2:

I won't post often, me and 'puter's don't go together:crying:

How I got the Nickname...

Many years ago while driving trucks long distance (all states of Australia) I pulled up at a roadhouse for a rest break. Walking back from prime mover, and 38 foot trailer I reach the back when the trailer brake decides to give out - and the whole rig starts moving!!:scared: I turn and start running back along the trailer, keeping pace with the thing I am now trying to open the Bl##*y door :scorched:Finally manage to clamber aboard and hit the emergency brake!:bowdown: When I finally get into the roadhouse all the other driver's say they never saw anyone "step so quick" And the nickname was born:happy65::happy65:

Welcome aboard, Alan! We're delighted to make your acquaintance...

Might I say, however, that you have obviously proven you are able to post a note on the Forum, so any and all excuses to the contrary (for instance, "me and 'puter's don't go together") now have little or no relevance! Accordingly, we hope to see you here frequently!

:dancefool:

TERRY

Welcome aboard Alan.

It's a pleasure to finally hear form you. We just love that Awesome Aussie that you are married to. She is one more fine woman, so you must be a mighty good man. Looking forward to actually getting to meet the two of you. (As soon as I can talk the Warden into letting me ride Australia:mo money:)

:welcome1:

Welcome Alan,

We have something in common, I was a truck driver when I was younger, and my Dad before me, and his Dad too. I remember when I was little we went with my Mom to take Dad to his truck, he had it parked on top of a hill at a small truck stop on the side of Clinton hwy.

He got out of the car and took his suitcase to the truck and started the truck to let it warm up, then came back to kiss our Mom goodbye. While they were saying their goodbyes the tractor/trailer started rolling and he had to run it down, jump in and stop it. This was probably 45 years ago, before they had spring brakes like they do now.