IGNORED

R.I.P.

rod

We laid my Dad to rest yesterday. He loved the out doors; camping, motorcycling, running, walking, hunting and fishing. He held on long enough to get to know his grandson from Tennessee that he had never met. Thanks to all of you that offered up prayers, it worked. He is out of pain and in a better place. Rod

Guest seuadr

same here. i'm very sorry to hear of your loss. i can't imagine losing a dad. I just hope you and he had a good relationship ( and it sounds like you did ) remember the good times, and know that you are in my prayers.

Rod, part of being a middle aged son or daughter is having to go thru the loss of your parents. I lost my dad nine years ago and ended up buying his house from the estate as I had two sisters and a brother. There are still things I will get into, especially in the garage, that I know he was the last one that touched it.

He bought me a Ducati 125 Bronco three months before I turned 14 and in 1995, he took me to look at an 850 Yamaha that he knew of after I had been out of bikes over 20 years.

I was lucky that he always encouraged the mechanical side of me and I was the kid that worked on the neighborhood bicycles, go carts, motorcycles and autos from an early age. It breaks my heart to see so many kids now that don't know any more about their vehicles than putting in gas and turning on the sound system.

From what you have said, it sounds like you were lucky to have a dad like that also. Loosing a dad that was a big part of your life is tough, but it is still better than loosing a father you hardly knew.

RandyA

Sorry to hear that, Prayers up for all affected by it. May the Lord grant you and yours comfort and peace during this time of mourning.

For what it's worth, let me pass along one small truth I learned when my folks and father-in-law passed away within a couple of months of each other, nearly 10 years ago, now. You have to laugh and not feel bad about it, especially early on. Relish the funny memories and there will be many. It helps and it opens the way for joy, and with it the ability to rejoice in his new journey and celebrate his life . God Bless!