IGNORED

What cruising speed are you comfortable at

E-Fishin-C

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About 10-13 mph over the limit is normally safe from tickets but following traffic at 80on the GPS is okay when it is nice weather. Rhonda normally just follows along and does not look at the speedo. When she leads she does not look at the speedo either.

I follow her too much that is why I was getting in trouble. :innocent:

BRad

I like 55 to 60 myself...:thumbsup2:

Maybe that is why he got the 2nd gen :mo money:, so he won't be tempted to go faster, as he had done in the past. :stickpoke:

Could this be a case of, "Do as I say & Not as I do", probably.......... :stirthepot:

I like 40 to 50 on the back highways - as long as I am not holding anyone up.

Not much air buffeting and I can hear the radio better. Even with the radio off, it just seems more relaxing around those speeds, riding thru the rolling hills of Western Iowa.

craigr

I liked the way mine handled when traveling at 65 to 68 MPH.

It seemed my bike was in it's "zone" at that speed.

If I went 80 or faster my eyes seemed to vibrate.

50 to 68mph was always fine with me.

Unless your on a rice rocket, around here 55-60 is fast on our back roads - sometimes fast is 45. Much of the time that's where I am. On superslab or improved two lane - with the traffic - which is 75-80, but what fun is that???:bang head:

Maybe that is why he got the 2nd gen :mo money:, so he won't be tempted to go faster, as he had done in the past. :stickpoke:

Could this be a case of, "Do as I say & Not as I do", probably.......... :stirthepot:

I was going to be nice and not mention buying that 2nd Gen to satisfy that urge to "Slow Down" some people have as they get Older.....

Interstate travel 70 to 80 mph, one or two up. Trailer or no trailer. The bike feels good and cruises well in that range, but just as stated earlier gas mileage changes markedly from 65 to 80. What re really needed was a sixth gear. But, then, we would be revving the same and running 90+ instead... :bikersmilie:I get 39+ mpg at 70 and then are lucky to get 33 at 80 mph...

Side roads 50-60 mph as I like to relax and enjoy the scenery.

Highways fast as I can just to get to someplace more interesting.

If the speed regulator is aboard then at 60 mph there is a loud nagging sound and thumping on the helmet on any road.

took the zx-14 out this morning for a test run. was awful tempted to see if the if the 186 mph factory limiter still works since i installed my gi pro. it tricks the computer into thinking your in 6th gear all the time so you get full ignition advance in all the gears. and the secondary butterflies open at 3000 rpm. basically you get the whole nine yards from the git go. not going to say what i had it up to, but i don't like the looks of them telephone poles. hard to keep the front end on the ground in the first three gears. i need to find an air airstrip. :cool10::cool10:

took the zx-14 out this morning for a test run. was awful tempted to see if the if the 186 mph factory limiter still works since i installed my gi pro. it tricks the computer into thinking your in 6th gear all the time so you get full ignition advance in all the gears. and the secondary butterflies open at 3000 rpm. basically you get the whole nine yards from the git go. not going to say what i had it up to, but i don't like the looks of them telephone poles. hard to keep the front end on the ground in the first three gears. i need to find an air airstrip. :cool10::cool10:
70 to 75 mph by the speedo when i'm on my road bikes. no telling when i get the urge on my hot bikes. not as nervy as i once was. :draming: