IGNORED

biker down need left fairing

i had an accident today, lady turned left iin front of me. hit brakes hard went down on left side, barely missing the stupid driver in her car.

please please please, i need left fairing, left blinker and left mount for the radio tray. pm, email, or call 416-298-4941

cheers, Scott

You can have the fairing off of my '85, Scott, but I can't help you with the fairing insert. Cage on down as soon as you can but we will be gone for the weekend, as you already know. We will be heading back Sunday afternoon if you wanted to come down then...

EDIT: My bad, I only have the RIGHT side. I threw the left side out as it was missing a major portion or it. I do have the turn signal, though, and will bring with me this weekend and give it to BradT or someone else closer to you...

Scot Sorry to hear about that. Hope your okay, you didn't say, but from the post I am thinking all is okay. Bet the concrete felt some effects of you and the bike falling though. (sorry).

Scot did you try Zdeno 519 745-7010

Anyway Bongobob, bring it up and we can get it to him.

Brad

If this bunch can't get them for you, I've got some spare parts to sell. I think the left fairings need some work but they're fixable. I'm working on an '83 at the moment, so if you'd look at the Yamaha parts list and let me know which radio panels you're needing it would help.

i just got in from the hospital, x-rayed left hip, left ankle, right hand, nothing broken, whew, i should be good to ride tomorrow. okay i'm dreaming. left hip is really swollen and i am limping, but hey i am still here. i was so close to centre punching her car door with the bike, that was too close. i went down hard on the left side of the bike, she took a beating. i guess it would have been cool to see the sparks and stuff. the lady who could not speak any ingrish, sorry english, was charged with making an improper turn by the police.

having a stiff drink right now, taking two asperins and hitten the sack.

cheers, Scott

Scott: Sorry to hear this one as Dianne and I have been thinking of you and Sherry all summer wondering about getting together. It has been real busy. Glad you are ok and I know you will fix the bike but in the meantime you will just have to be the passenger on Sherry's bike!!!!!!.:whistling:

Stay in touch. John

Hi Scott:

Too bad it wasn't a right fairing. Anyhow I smacked my bike in the spring and was back up and running in about two weeks. Got the right fairing from eBay and it was even the right colour. It ain't perfect but it works. I have a spare as well but here is a left on on eBay right now.

Wayne

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/84-Venture-XVZ-1200-Left-Upper-Fairing-BS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35583QQihZ004QQitemZ140155187916QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Guest BluesLover

Hey Scott - glad to hear that you're (relatively) ok, so sorry to hear about the bike. Unfortunately, I can't help you with parts for the 1st gen.

Best of luck!

Cheers,

Scott,

Sorry to hear about your accident but glad you're OK. Don't be too quick to sign off with her insurance. Might be a good idea to talk to a lawyer too. Hope you find the parts you need or maybe get enough pain and suffering cash to get a 2nd gen.

If he buys in the US and Brings it across. Expecially with the Dollar the way it is .

BRad

hey scott...terribly sorry to hear about your accident...glad to hear yu'r not too badly hurt. just got home from my camping trip to quebec.

wish you luck in finding the parts you need....and hope to see you soon. will drive by when i get a chance....in the meantime..take it easy and give healing some time. i would even suggest make fixing the bike this years winter project. riding season's almost over, anyway.:confused24:

hey chabicheka wheres that bumble bee?

the riding season almost over, oh no, i cant stop riiding yet.

-Salty Dog's bike night / Wednesday night

-Hagens bike night/ Thursday night

-Dorset Lions club poker run this weekend sept 15

-Meet and Eat in Taylor Michigan sept 22

-Bongobobs fall colours ride oct 13

and what ever comes up until the snow flies.

Hey scott I'll keep you in mind on my 86. I'll start parting it out in November. To much to do right now. The rear brake caliber and headlight assembly are already spoken for. I'll post some closeup photos before it hits Ebay one piece at a time. The odometer says 90K but I was told it only has 67K on it. The engine runs strong and puts you in those 3 digit numbers quick. No oil leaks either. It has a nice Markland hitch to.

• 4 weeks later...

insurance got back to me, over 3,000 bucks damage, they told me they almost wrote it off, and its all cosmetic damage.

thanks Venturerider.org members for getting me in touch with places to source parts, and thank you Bongobob for the parts you donated.

once the insurance gets their butt in gear and makes a settlement, (who knows how long this is going to take, been 5 weeks already) then i will start making the swap to the newer parts that i now have.

*note: i am still looking for the left plastic speaker/panel if anyone has one for sale.

cheers, Scott

I'm traveling for work this week but have a couple of requests to check on over the weekend. I ave a fair amount of odds and ends in a storage unit. I seem to recall that I have one that's faded with a few cracks. I need to go there this weekend anyway so I'll have a look and see if I have it. I'll give you an update on availability and condition once I get there. If I do have one that works for you it's yours for the cost of shipping.

i have now sourced a left speaker panel from one of our own who pm'd me. i think i now have all that is needed. i should be able to make a latch for the left radio keylock. (the little tab broke off)

just waiting for the insurance to settle.

i have now sourced a left speaker panel from one of our own who pm'd me. i think i now have all that is needed. i should be able to make a latch for the left radio keylock. (the little tab broke off)

just waiting for the insurance to settle.

:clap2:All the best with the Insurance, sure this will be Fun

BRad