IGNORED

Post MD Ride With Jonas!

skydoc_17

After having spent the weekend at Freebird's Maintenance Day working on a few bikes, having a bunch of laughs, and meeting some of the nicest people on the planet it was my privilege to have Jonas from Iceland ride with me from Ohio to Pennsylvania to stay with Jean and myself for a few days. We rode some of Pa.'s most beautiful roads, met some very interesting people along the way and I even got Jonas to pull his bike into my "little shop by the creek" for an oil change, a Carb. Sync. and a few coats of wax. Jonas turned out to be a VERY intelligent and articulate gentleman, well versed on many subjects, and was full of praise for Jean's endless home cooking and my sense of humor. Both Jonas and I rode locally after the repairs on his bike and he found the rural area I live in to be one full of windy roads and endless beauty. I, myself looked upon the area I live in with "new eyes" as I took him from 400 feet above sea level to 2900 feet above sea level in just under 12 minutes. His bike ran flawlessly as did mine and we were just two riders, with no agenda, letting the pavement flow beneath our tires. I am sure it will be memories that Jonas will have for a lifetime, as will I.

A special thanks goes out to Don Nelson (Freebird) for opening up his home and allowing me to visit, (you sir are a man among men!) and Dan and Sheri (IH TRUCK GUY) for having the courage to let me pretty much tear the top end off his bike. It is a pleasure to be a part of this wonderfully diverse group of people. A few pics of Jonas are attached,

Earl and Jean

I miss not being able to get to Freebirds this year (again) and not being able to meet all the folks I've been wanting to meet. Jonas was one of a couple of people in particular I was really anxious to meet.(still am) God willing, I can get it all together and make it up there one of these days. Sounds like you guys had the kind of riding I like. Not too crowded, no drama, no pressure, no schedule, per se. Just good roads, great scenery, the bikes and buddies (and some good eats thrown in). It really doesn't get any better than that, does it?

I grew up near Pittsburgh and while I don't miss a lot from there, I do miss the scenery in the spring and fall on the backroads.

Earl, sounds like you guys had a great time, you were very lucky to get to know Jonas a little better than the rest of us.........I enjoyed meeting you, and sharing the Todd Mahal,(Big Tent) as Todd so aptly named it. Sure wish I could have ridden that way with you guys, but time was not on my side. Looking forward to next year, hopefully the wife will make that one.......Jonas is one of a kind, wish I could get to Iceland to ride some of his roads...........thats a dream:crying:that wont come true.

I did manage to get one pic of you "tearing the top of off someones bike", and me with VR special guest.

After having spent the weekend at Freebird's Maintenance Day working on a few bikes, having a bunch of laughs, and meeting some of the nicest people on the planet it was my privilege to have Jonas from Iceland ride with me from Ohio to Pennsylvania to stay with Jean and myself for a few days. We rode some of Pa.'s most beautiful roads, met some very interesting people along the way and I even got Jonas to pull his bike into my "little shop by the creek" for an oil change, a Carb. Sync. and a few coats of wax. Jonas turned out to be a VERY intelligent and articulate gentleman, well versed on many subjects, and was full of praise for Jean's endless home cooking and my sense of humor. Both Jonas and I rode locally after the repairs on his bike and he found the rural area I live in to be one full of windy roads and endless beauty. I, myself looked upon the area I live in with "new eyes" as I took him from 400 feet above sea level to 2900 feet above sea level in just under 12 minutes. His bike ran flawlessly as did mine and we were just two riders, with no agenda, letting the pavement flow beneath our tires. I am sure it will be memories that Jonas will have for a lifetime, as will I.

A special thanks goes out to Don Nelson (Freebird) for opening up his home and allowing me to visit, (you sir are a man among men!) and Dan and Sheri (IH TRUCK GUY) for having the courage to let me pretty much tear the top end off his bike. It is a pleasure to be a part of this wonderfully diverse group of people. A few pics of Jonas are attached,

Earl and Jean

I can't tell you how envious I was to see you and Jonas riding together after we left Freebirds. I didn't get half the chance to spend some time with him and I am kicking myself for nat being able to do so. Good on you for your hospitality and I know that Jonas will have great memories of the times he spent with this crazy group

:thumbsup2:

BTW I could do some real damage making things with a Bridgeport like that :whistling:

Earl, I know exactly what you mean...Taters and I found Jonas a perfect gentleman and very outgoing..We loved having him stay with us and welcomed him back anytime...His sense of humor is delightful and is really down to earth...We met up with Jonas again in the Poconos and had a great dinner with him...We all decided before we met , that we would treat him to dinner, but to our surprise when the bill came to the table, Jonas has already paid ......that rascal...we now owe him a dinner so he'll have to come back and collect it...lol...We will truly miss him...he's now part of my family...:fnd_(16):

I agree 100% with you Tom, I wish he could has stayed a while longer. It was such a thrill hearing about his country and talking about bikes and other things. I sure wish I could have ridden on to the Pocono's with Jonas and had dinner with you and Taters. That would have been iceing on the cake! As it turned out I had to cage to BWI to pick up my daughter who was comming home from Cali where she goes to school. This is her summer vacation. Will you and Taters and the rest of the NY gang be going to the Skid In this year? I sure hope so, you all were a blast to be around and it would be great to see you and the gang again.

I hope it works out for you,

Earl

i agree it was a real pleasure going to MD with the gang from western NY and meeting/riding down with jonas...meeting up with him again in the poconos before he left was very nice and i know it meant a lot to him...looking forward to the day he comes back.

just like to take this time to say it was great meeting so many of the people at MD and to say thanks to don and his whole family for making it such a wonderful experience...looking forward to the next one...

this really is the best site and has the nicest people.....craig

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Spanky,

I agree with you 100%.

But I'm still trying to match the names and faces. Oh well....I'm sure I'll get it down. Just need a little time to sort.

Loved meeting everyone especially "my friends"...."Hello" there Beer 30 you Nut! (Your wife is so sweet, can't she control you?) And made many new friends.

You are all so great and made everyone feel so welcome.

You are again a great bunch of people and it has been my pleasure to have met you. Thanks again. :clap2: