IGNORED

Doing okay

old hippy

Just wanted to let you all know what happened yesterday. I had just got off work and had not been on the bike more than sixty seconds, when a lady turned left into me. I saw her car coming and I thought if I could hit the curb deadon I would have a better chance that way instead of her TBoneing me. Well I didn't make it that far, she caught me about two feet up from the rear of the bike on the left side and the next thing I know is that I'm airborn. I went about 20 feet and wound up going into grass on my right shoulder,doing at least two rolls and winding up on my hands and knees. Nothing broke and only 1 little cut on my right arm, although my right shoulder feels like it's ready to fall off. The lady was given a ticket for improper lane useage and now Nance and I get to play the insurance company game over the bike. I really do want to thank all the members for their thoughts and prayers, and we have allready started to look for a new bike. ( Sorry Redneck it will probably be another First Gen.)

chuck, good to hear that there are no "hidden injuries", yet.

hoping that there won't be any.

we , here, are all relieved, that you got out of this one as well as you did.

wish you luck in finding another 1st gen.

oh! mean dog says there is one in mississippi!

the post is here, today, somewhere.

just jt

an ole hippy! Glad to hear your gonna make it even if you don't come over to the "DARK SIDE". The Dr's needed two different xrays to detect a broken spur on the end of my friends shoulder. Nothing a plate an a few pins couldn't fix for him. A second gen could have made the curb lol,:cool10:

It is hard to think you are lucky after getting nailed by another driver, but you know it could have been worse.

That is one of the reasons I ride with my thumb on the horn button that is attached to 135 decibil air horns. It may not always stop the idiots from pulling into you, but it may get enough people's attention that you might not get run over before you can get up.

RandyA

Hey Chuck,

So glad to hear that you were not hurt too badly! I don't know what has gotten into folks lately or did they put a bounty out on Ventures? They say that the bike can always be replaced but, in your case and others, those 1st Gens are getting hard to come by!

http://www.freewebby.com/action-smilies/nos.gif

Dog

GLAD YOUR FEELING OK THERE HIPPY, BUT I DO SUGGEST YOU GET THAT SHOULDER X-RAYED, YOU COULD HAVE A SEPARATED SHOULDER AND NOT REALIZE IT. YOUR COLLAR BONE IS ATTACHED TO YOUR SHOULDER BLADE BY A DIME SIZED PIECE OF CARTALIDGE AND IN FALLS LIKE YOURS IT SHEARS. IT HAPPENED TO ME ONCE AND IT WASN'T UNTIL I HAD IT X-RAYED THREE DAYS LATER THAT I FOUND OUT WHY MY ARM AND SHOULDER HURT SO BAD EVERY TIME I PICKED UP SOMETHING HEAVY. OTHER THAN THAT MAY EVERYTHING WORK OUT WELL FOR YOU.

Glad you are relatively ok Chuck. I agree with the other post. Get your shoulder XRayed just to be sure. You could be making it workse and not even knowing it. After my wreck I knew I had broken ribs, but I subsequently had a colllapsed lung that I walked around for 4 days with in agony.

Don't hesitate to call if you need anything.

Jay

OK Old Hippy, Knows a QUALITY scoot when he rides one!! We are sooo glad you are in one piece. Best of luck in finding a nice 1st gen.

If the insurance company gives you a hard time, then insist that they REPLACE your Classic motorcycle with an exact replacement. Never EVER take the first, or the 2nd offer and sign nothing until you have reached a satisfactory agreement. Also, try to get salvage rights to your old one so you have spare parts available to you.

We expect you and Nancy to show up next year at the Ontario International meet riding a nice shiny 1st Gen!!

:7_2_104[1]:

I'm very happy to hear you came out of this as well as you did, especially after seeing how much damage your bike took.

Hope you recover quickly and make out well with the insurance. Ya, nail the driver for her negligence. Half of them shouldn't be on the road anyway.

I got to the doctor's office yesterday, and everything checked out ok. No broken bones or ribs, just some bruised muscles and a busted bike.Nance and I are looking for a new bike, and I really do want to thank everybody again for your thoughts and prayer's.

After my accident, lots of broken ribs, lots of soft tissue damage. Hurt to move, breath, lay still...

Doc sent me home with a bag full of sample pain medz. Took one before bed, but Amy said I snored too loud that night. I had a hard time getting comfortable so I could sleep. Next day, I tried Alleve (Naproxen) and it was wonderful. Give it a shot; I noticed immediate improvement (OK, it took 30 minutes, at least). Downside; you have to cut back on your beer, and watch out for other medz; it's hard on your liver.

The soft tissue injuries will take longer to heal than broken bones. If you don't notice improvement after a while, go see your doctor. You may need a bone doctor, or some other kind of doctor (mine was a neurologist; he was concerned about a bone chipped off my skull damaging nerves in my neck).

I still notice some occasional numbness in my arms; probably scar tissue in my shoulders, cause I get relief by shifting my shoulders or rotating my arms. Probably should go visit that doc again.

I got to the doctor's office yesterday, and everything checked out ok. No broken bones or ribs, just some bruised muscles and a busted bike.Nance and I are looking for a new bike, and I really do want to thank everybody again for your thoughts and prayer's.

someone must have been looking out for you, a few aches and pains, but you are still here. good choice on the first gen, they are awesome machines and the one you had was one of them. hope to see you at freebirds again next year on your new 1 st gen.

cheers, Scott

Cool. Been think of you.

New Bike??? 2nd Gen, 2nd Gen, 2nd Gen!!!!! Come on you KNOW you want one!:rotf::rasberry::stirthepot: