IGNORED

Lets talk Underwear...

Reaney in NH

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under Armour HeatGear in the summer (I prefer the ones with a longer leg, reduces chafing). Under Armour ColdGear in the spring and fall.

Cheers,

That's what I do as well. A bit more expensive, but way worth it!

All I can say is I've tried other types beside briefs and if they don't provide any support I'm sitting on things that are meant to be sat upon. Boxers, boxer briefs and such just don't work for me.

Instead I switched from straight legged jeans to these cargo or carpenter type jeans that are looser fitting. When I put my feet up on the highway pegs I get a nice air flow in to cool everything down. Ya just gotta watch out for bees.

I know it may be a odd subject... But I need to know.

What do you guys wear for underwear on a long road trip? We are planning a 4000 mile ride this summer in early August thru the midwest. Its going to be HOT and sweat will be a problem.

Cotton underwear just doesn't cut it. What do you recommended and why?

Thank you

Go buck nekked under your pants or get some Anti-Monkey Butt Powder. :banana::banana:

try underarmour or nike or reebok...can find at dicks sporting goods (just bought two more pair) or any store like them...like the longer 9" inseem boxers....usually polyester and spandex or lycra...they are like the swim suits and give support but wick the moisture away.....can also sprinkle in some powder... i use them for riding and working out at the gym.

I know it may be a odd subject... But I need to know.

What do you guys wear for underwear on a long road trip? We are planning a 4000 mile ride this summer in early August thru the midwest. Its going to be HOT and sweat will be a problem.

Cotton underwear just doesn't cut it. What do you recommended and why?

Thank you

I wear wick dry bicycle shorts, and a wick dry Nike tank-top under my vented jacket and pants on long rides in the summer.

I took Under Armour and a brand called merino (I think) that I bought in Target over to the sandbox. Both worked fairly well, but I think the Under Armour work better on a long ride. Any wicking material should do well as long as any seams are not on a pressure point.

Hey Mini,

I have been reading this thread too. I had no idea men's underwear was so interesting.

Now when I look at all of their butts, I will sure be wondering; boxers or briefs?

Oh heck, I did that anyhow.And I know that you have a collection of butt photos. Maybe we should have a group photo at MD of everyone's butts.

Yama Mama:big-grin-emoticon:

Hey we have minds too you know were not just body's ----:95:

was trying to stay on the side lines on this one , but since i have the answer to the ultimate in long distance comfort i just got to let it out. i have tried everything. here's what works best. get a loose fitting pair of jeans, some cheap walmart talcum powder, and don't wear that crappy restrictive underwear at all. i got the idea from kramer on seinfeld. it works great. then for the ultimate,ad an alaskan sheepskin. i rode a 625 mile 97 degree day in complete comfort. bill :cool10:

Been there done that, never want to do it again. Although it was kinda interesting once when I, oh lets say --- passed gas while riding and it filtered up past the boys instead of out the backside. Kinda left with a flurry!:whistling:

THE MIND BOGGLES!!!!!!!!:think::think: I GUESS IT KEPT THEM WARM FOR AWHILE?:stickpoke::crackup::crackup:

Off site for a couple of days due to 'puter trouble, and this thread has gone beserk!!:crackup:

Never knew there could be so much discussion on whether to wrap or unwrap your bits for a long ride :think::think: And Snarly Bill, didn't Kramer like a "house" for his "boys" ??

Okay, a mind boggler for you all---------- I'm built for comfort not for speed (lots of me to hug) and on long trips I wear WAIT FOR IT..........................a G-string and bike shorts :shock3::shock3::shock3: Ain't a perdy site either LOL but beats standing up on the pegs for miles:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Jee wiz gang,

Perusing the "New Posts" and end up reading 5 pages on what every one is wearing (or not) down under? I need a life................ but I don't spend a nickle on boxers OR briefs!

COMMANDOO is the O-N-L-Y way to GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Fishnet type underwear and chaps, no jeans.

Nice airflow where you want it all the time.

But word of caution here, don't speed because the officer :cop: might not ummm appreciate you fashion selection . . . or so I've heard.:whistling:

That is just http://www.advrider.com/forums/images/smilies/ymca.gif

RR