IGNORED

2nd gen polished fork deflectors......

1BigDog

Ruffy,

I finally made it back from the rally and when I picked up the mail the deflectors were waiting for me. I installed them today and they are awesome. Thanks, these are not only top quality but they also get rid of the mounting brackets that seem to be a weak point. Thanks again.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated order list: Where the #’s jump is where we had a cancellation. * indicates shipped.

Deflector order list:

2: RayRider Texas *

3: two tone white Virginia *

4: slick97spirit MO *

6: gunboat texas *

7:leadwolf56 indiana *

8: T.J. Michigan *

9: 50btripin Alabama *

10: JerryW Texas *

12: busta long island ny *

14: Samson, peter, Canada Delphi forums *

15: boominup Delphi forums *

16: yoda Delphi forums *

17: cecdoo Pennslyvania *

18: 1rooster NC *

19: uturn Virginia * 2 sets

21: Annie Australia *

22: Biker251 Canada*

24: Steve S kentucky

25: coach (46motox) delphi forums*

26: CousinDav1 delphi forums Canada

27: Whaco1956 Illinois

28: Freezyrider Indiana ......First run....

29: floyd: Mich

30: MM482 NC

31: Adventure1943 Ohio

32: Big John Texas Delphi forums

33: SlowhandNC

34: Coach Ohio

35: Rookie725 Ohio

36: Hale374 VA

37: JDIX Canada

38: BongobobnyNY

39 djb47 kentucky

40: WilCruise Mass

41: LilBeaver Texas

42: Boomer Tenn

43: the count Canada

44: indydog Indiana

45: massey130 Louisiana

46: ArticusMedicus Michigan

47: Birin Canada BC

48: A4Pumper KY Delphi

49: fdslack

50: Venturekid

51: silver bullet TX

52: coldinnd ND

53: rune daddy Jax

54: thunderstruck Canada..Delphi forum

55: craigatcsi Omaha

56: jdzimne Cali

Edited by Ruffy

• 2 weeks later...
I'm READY!!! I saw Leadwolf56's set on Saturday. Look Awesome!

Can you tell I'm READY to get mine??? :big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon:

I hope we dont have to toss some cold water on ya!!!:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Lets see....Dan just counted his blanks..yep, 6 sets left on this first run. So that leaves: Biker251, Steve S, coach(46motox) and cousindav1 from the delphi forum, whaco56 and Freezy!!

I hope we dont have to toss some cold water on ya!!!:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Lets see....Dan just counted his blanks..yep, 6 sets left on this first run. So that leaves: Biker251, Steve S, coach(46motox) and cousindav1 from the delphi forum, whaco56 and Freezy!!

Well, tell Dan NOT to work on them if he's feeling a bit Jittery or nervous! Don't want any rejects moving me down the list!

Joe

I'm READY!!! I saw Leadwolf56's set on Saturday. Look Awesome!

Can you tell I'm READY to get mine??? :big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon:

Hey Ruffy,

You gotta take care of Joe, he's so desperate he borrowed my stock deflectors.......then he wanted my tank badges, who knows what he'll try to get next......:stickpoke::rotf:

Hey Ruffy,

You gotta take care of Joe, he's so desperate he borrowed my stock deflectors.......then he wanted my tank badges, who knows what he'll try to get next......:stickpoke::rotf:

If I pull hard enough, I might be able to slide that black cherry paint off and slip it on over my blue/black. Hmmmmmmm

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Biker251....your set shipped out today Via USPS Priority mail. Thanks for your order!!

Thank you Annie!!!

Craig and JD, your on the list. You two should make the second run. No promises when we are going to start it but im sure Dans arms need a week or two off to recover from all that sanding....LOL.

Steve S, Dan didnt like the finish on one of yours so hes going back over it again. There was one tiny scratch that most of us humans wouldnt see but Dan wasnt happy with it. Should be in the mail by Friday......

Those sure r purty but, do they work?

Meaning, I just completed a 1000 mile plus trip (details to be posted soon) and made two fascinating discoveries.

One, I can place my boots on top of the lower fairings and it's just like having highway pegs! Very comfortable and relaxing, guess it helps to be short.

Two, I was experiencing a LOT of buffeting about my head and figured it was due to lowering/trimming my wind screen. Not so. When I was laid back, chilling with my feet on the top of the lower cowlings, I noticed hmmmm, no buffeting, zero. Lower the feet to the floor boards, thump, thump, thump, much buffeting.

So, I'm guessing the buffeting is coming through/around the forks? Will/do these deflectors stop the buffeting?

If so, add me to the list too!

Erich, while I havent had the chance to ride with a set in cold weather to gauge how much wind is actually blocked and since our wind tunnel for testing purposes was confiscated by the Feds claiming that they own it, :rasberry: I have to depend on two other members who commented that they have felt less buffeting with these deflectors. These deflectors are wider and longer than stock so im sure you would get some increase in protection. Ill add you to the list but it will be a while before we get to you.......:backinmyday:

Those sure r purty but, do they work?

Meaning, I just completed a 1000 mile plus trip (details to be posted soon) and made two fascinating discoveries.

One, I can place my boots on top of the lower fairings and it's just like having highway pegs! Very comfortable and relaxing, guess it helps to be short.

Two, I was experiencing a LOT of buffeting about my head and figured it was due to lowering/trimming my wind screen. Not so. When I was laid back, chilling with my feet on the top of the lower cowlings, I noticed hmmmm, no buffeting, zero. Lower the feet to the floor boards, thump, thump, thump, much buffeting.

So, I'm guessing the buffeting is coming through/around the forks? Will/do these deflectors stop the buffeting?

If so, add me to the list too!

I added the deflectors prior to my trip to Florida (900 miles) and was very happy with the fact that buffeting had been drastically reduced. I consider this one of the best mods I've done on my bike.

:dancefool: