IGNORED

2nd gen polished fork deflectors......

1BigDog

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok folks. We have shipped out all of the ready deflectors today. We will resume shipping after the Christmas rush. Its way too risky trying to ship during the busy Christmas week.

I believe there are 10 sets left in this run. We will keep you up to date once we resume shipping. Thanks to all who have ordered for your patience with this. And have a great Christmas!!

Ruffy & Dan :smile5:

Wow, what nice deflectors. these are simply great. i need polishing lessons fer sur.

I am very thankful to both of you for getting my order out just under the wire as they arrived today. the weather is predicted nice over the weekend, so i may get these mounted after i get the back tire on.

i would hate to see the price once these become so poplular they appear on eBay. if there is a testimonial page, i wanna post!

thanks again, guys.

• 4 weeks later...

Dan has begun working on the last sets of the second run. If all goes well there should be another 9 or 10 sets left to complete this run. You will be notified once the sets are ready to ship. Havent forgotten about you ArticusMedicus. Dans PC is up again.......

Give it about a week or so.

If everyone takes their order that means we will have 5 orders left over. We would still need another 15 orders to start a third run.

Hang in there....:smile5:

To the following listed below: your sets are ready to ship. A PM has been sent.

Thanks!! :smile5:

16: ArticusMedicus Michigan ***notified 1/21/10

24: Craigatcsi Nebraska ***notified 1/21/10

26: FutureVentures Ill notified 1/21/10 PD shipping 1/22/10

27: straycatt Mich ***notified 1/21/10 PD shipping 1/22/10

28: JerryT MO *** notified 1/21/10 PD shipping 1/22/10

29: Seawolf NY *** notified 1/21/10 PD shipping 1/23/10

Edited by Ruffy

[The following sets have shipped today.....

24: Craigatcsi Nebraska ***

26: FutureVentures Ill

27: straycatt Mich ***

28: JerryT MO ***

29: Seawolf NY ***

Thanks guys!!!!:smile5:

We either have 4 or 5 sets left to polish so we might just make it down to Canuck or midnite. Should have the rest ready by next weekend.

When I got home today, the wife had been to the post office (we don't have mailboxes out front, gotta go to town for mail) and there sat my box with, hopefully, some aluminum inside.

Opened the box and, sure enough, aluminum. Well, aluminum and packing peanuts. At least I assumed it was aluminum. Between the peanuts, the bubble wrap and then under that, the nice thick paper towel taped to the pieces I couldn't be sure what it was. I did know that it had the vague shape of what I was waiting for.....

And then I got side tracked for a while, fighting the dogs for the packing peanuts before they scattered the crazy thing all over the house......guess who won. :Avatars_Gee_George:

About halfway through this party the noise brought the Wicked Witch of the North downstairs to see what all the commotion was about......that led to a discussion of what did you get and why in the hell are you buying motorcycle parts in January.

Because it's my money and I'll buy whatever I want with it finally sorta' ended that side show, and after almost 20 minutes I got to check out my goodies. :mo money::mo money:

Wow, was I impressed.

Great workmanship, good heavy material, and not only was the packing sufficient to stop anything short of a direct nuclear strike, my critters enjoyed it immensely.

Nice work Ruffy, thank you.

Now, if I can just resist the urge to have them powder coated to match my bike I'll be all set. :biker:

Ruffy, I'm going to have to formally bow out. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.:bang head:

All this Hope and Change has got me spread so thin my pay check are transparent.

I have been renting a car for two months (out of pocket, ins only covers $600) while the Body Shop tries to get my car done...:headache: fell asleep at the wheel on the Highway, making my way home from work about three weeks be for Christmas... And he still ain't done with it.

So, the next guy in line will be tickled with my misfortune.:thumbsup2:

Sent you a PM Art.

The next 4 listed, your sets are ready to ship. PM's were sent. :smile5::smile5:

30: Spingley IND

31: Trimster Utah

32: Canuck Canada...(hold)

33: midnite TN

If those listed above all take their sets ill have one set left over and 4 names left. Next on the list wants 2 sets. Ill have to check with her to see if she still wants them, otherwise this will complete the second production run.

I currently have a few names left over for a third run.

Yamamom1 Canada Delphi Forum

Sallys dad KS

Pete Kadish

AWSMSRV WA.

Short Haul TX

Thats 5 names. We need at least another 15 orders to start another run. Let me know if there is any more interest. And thank you all for your orders. We hope you all enjoy them.

Ruffy

Edited by Ruffy

Well, thats all folks.....

sallys dad and Pete Kadish got the last sets. Right now we have 3 names left over. We would need another 17 orders to make a third run. Otherwise..........thanks to all who have ordered a set (or two). About 58 sets were made and sold. Dan and I never thought it would have gotten so big. What we thought would have been a few sets turned into a 10 month project. I think Dan lost about 200 lbs in sweat equity....:smile5:

He can now also rob a bank since he sanded off all of his fingerprints.....

Agreed, thanks Ruffy.

As much as I appreciate the effort it took to polish these things........mine are out for powder coating and should be done any day now.

I'll post up some pics when they're done.

Id like to see what they look like powdercoated. I had priced getting them chromed but for a single set they wanted 165.00 and for 5 sets it would have been 135.00 a set. Thats not counting the original cost of the deflector. Would have priced them well over 200.00

Got mine today:big-grin-emoticon:. Shiny:banana: will look good on the bike, but will have to wait. Way tooo cold out there.:bawling:Thanks for a great job. And all the sweat equity.:thumbsup2:

Make sure you keep them wrapped up so they dont get scratched. :smile5:

ruffy

add my name to your current list...would like a pair..

Hey Ruffy put me down for a set!!

anyone got a set of the stock ones? my bike came with them removed because someone installed a aftermarket turn signal bar but I have now done the passing lamps and would really like the extra air defense

Ill start another list. Right now that makes 5, still need 15 more.

Thanks again guys....and thanks to the lone stranger who did that sneaky thing....:smile5:

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my lowers back from powder coating, Ruffy.

The first time they were done I refused them, they had some pretty obvious debris in the finish.

The second time they were great. $45 total, but I do a fair amount of business with this shop. Normally they have a $75 minimum.

The color is a pretty good match but not perfect. We must have went through fifty paint samples before we found a close match.

I really like it. :big-grin-emoticon: