IGNORED

2nd gen polished fork deflectors......

1BigDog

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
What is the status of the fork deflectors are they not going to happen???

To be honest with you I have not had contact with my friend who is making these since Wed. He was in the process of rebuilding his cutting table as the cuts he was making were slightly off. Turns out the bearings were worn which in turn allowed the cutter to wander slightly. I will definitely have a better status report no later than this coming Wed. Im really sorry this is taking so long. Since my name is attached to this project I wont allow any piece thats anything less then perfect be sent out. And no money will be collected until they pass my inspection and are packaged and ready to ship.

:178:After much delays my friend Dan called me this AM with some good news. He cut out about 30 sets so far but since a few sets bit the dust on the initial cut he needs to get some more material. One of the major problem areas with this is the fact that 6061 T-6 is such a strong piece of aluminum that it has destroyed three 1/4" router bits so far. More bits are on order and sometime this week the initial sets will be taken up to his brothers shop in Savannah for rolling and bending, then polishing. With any luck most of the orders will be ready for shipping by early next week with the remaining sets soon to follow.

I thank you all for your patience with this. The end result will be worth it.

Thanks, Ruffy.....I am drooling to get these! Running with no lower deflectors whatsoever is a rather buffeting experience!

Joe

Dont feel bad, I just had to take my set off too so the bracket bends can be matched up to my set. :scorched:

Got you down Boomer, and you too thecount! You guys will be on the second production run.

Thanks for the orders.....

Im heading up to Savannah tomorrow AM to bend and roll the deflectors with my friend. Should be all polished up this weekend and most sets will be ready to ship early next week. Hang in there........theyre coming....

New member here, but not new to motorcycles. I would like a set also. It is Ok if it is in a 2nd or 3rd run. time is not a big deal. the factory deflectors currently on our bike (2004 RSV) are beginning to show cracks around the screws that hold them down as well as all the scratches from road use. One question, though. Have you ran them long enough on your bike to see if the wind bends them backward or do they stay straight?

I would like to take this moment to thank eveyone for their input on so many subjects in the forums I have read. Especially the tech stuff. I have been able to take care of many things on our bike with no problems due to the sharing of information on this site. Thanks to all, very much.

Dale in Louisiana. ;)

Ok, we now have 27 sets cut, rolled and bent. 4 bit the dust while fine tuning the hydraulic press. So the first 26 on the list will be contacted....26 because U-turn ordered 2 sets. We brought home a 4X8 sheet also so once more router bits are ordered we can start on the second run. In the meanwhile these sets will be sanded and polished sometime this weekend. Once they are boxed those on the list will be contacted for payment arrangements. You all can speed up the contact process by e-mailing or Pm'ing me your full name and address along with your screen name and, if you choose, your phone #.

Below are some pics of our morning at my friends brothers shop in Savannah GA. Included is the shops address, which is provided as a gratitious/solitious pitch for the owner, who so graciously let us use his machinery and his employees fabrication expertise in making this happen. So, if you need any type of aircraft fabrication, give Ken a shout.

He does nice work.

Edited by Ruffy

• 2 weeks later...

I must apologize to all of you waiting patientely for these deflectors. There has been some more unexpected delays in part due to my friends health issues. There has also been some slight blemishes in some of the finishes which we are in the process of correcting. Some are coming out real nice while a few others are having some issues, nothing that some elbow grease wont fix. But its just taking time, more then we anticipated. I wish I could give you all a better answer but its the only one I have for now. All this high heat down here in Florida in a non air conditioned work area sure dont help things......:scorched:

Hang in there......:snow2:

I signed up for a set a few months ago. Do I need to reapply?

No, I still have you on the list. The list is posted on page 5 of this thread.

Your in the second go round if we ever get the first batch finished....

Right now as we speak (type?) my friend Dan is up at his brothers fabrication shop in Savannah GA trying to work the kinks out. Hope to have a more positive report either later tonight or tomorrow.

Ill add those two new orders once I hear from my friend as to how things went.

OK folks, after much delays and kinks popping up we finally have 4 sets ready for shipping next Monday. This project turned into a real labor intensive deal. Mostly the sanding and polishing which is done partially with machines but the final steps involve all hand sanding. Very time consuming. We now have 26 sets cut, rolled and bent. We also have another 4x8 sheet ready for cutting once we near completion of the first run. Plans are to have from 3 to 5 sets completed each week. You will be contacted as your set is finished for payment either through PayPal or check or money order. Once again, I deeply apologize for the long delay but I think the end product is worth it.

First 4:

1: Dusty in Canada

2: RayRider in Texas

3: Two Tone White in Virginia

4: slick97spirit in MO

If we dont get a response back in a reasonable amount of time then we will move on to the next name on the list. I figure that since such a long period of time has passed some may have decided to pass, which would be understandable.

Once again, thanks for your patience and your orders.

Ruffy