IGNORED

Traded the Venture

mechanicjesus

Last Saturday I traded the Venture in on an 09 Harley Ultra with ABS. Got a deal I could not pass up. For those of you that love to bash Harley and think ABS is not needed with proper skills I say go ride an 09 and try out the ABS I think you will be quite surprised at how well the bike handles and just how fast it can be stopped.

That's great! It doesn't matter what brand you ride as long as your ride'in with the wind in your face. Sometimes we all need to take a step back and remember that.

I can't see much difference (visually) between a Venture and an Ultra but then I really don't care what anybody rides. Just ride, enjoy and try to be safe

btw - congrats on your new ride

Last Saturday I traded the Venture in on an 09 Harley Ultra with ABS. Got a deal I could not pass up. For those of you that love to bash Harley and think ABS is not needed with proper skills I say go ride an 09 and try out the ABS I think you will be quite surprised at how well the bike handles and just how fast it can be stopped.

Good for you! Hope you have miles and miles of smiles.!

Nina & I were seriously looking at the '09 Ultra last Oct/Nov. Test rode it 3 times and really liked it. The '09 is smooth, has lots of power, comfortable, and is very nimble. Unfortunately we just couldn't afford it so we bought the '06 Midnight Venture. We're very happy with the Venture but to be honest, if I had the bucks, I'd be riding that '09 Ultra.

As other's have said, it ain't what you ride that matters as long as you're out there with the wind in your face.

Having said that, it's still ok to poke fun as long as it's in jest and not outright bashing.

Harley has made a lot of nice changes over the past few years. Some major but not so noticeable changes on the '09 models. I like the color of yours also but my favorite was the solid pearl white that the had in '08. Doesn't matter though, I won't be buying one anytime soon. :) Hope it brings you many miles of smiles. That's what it's all about regardless of the brand.

No HD bashing here...but,I'm with SilvrT...the RSMV was almost 5K cheaper than the Ultra I wanted, plus I find the Venture to have more leg room, I can stretch out better than on an Ultra.

Congrats on the new bike!!

Harley has definitely improved over the years. The new Ultras are supposed to handle good.

As far as gas mileage, the Harley will smoke the Venture gas mileage wise, that slow revving V-twin makes all it's power on the low end.

A co-worker has an 07 or 08 model and he let me ride it. There's just not enough room for me on one. I was seriously cramped up on it.

If it fits ya, then good on ya!! The aftermarket support for HD is awesome.

I have never bashed H.D.'s unless you consider paying 1/3 more for a product because of the Name-Badge on it is bashing.

The H.D. owners who go out and purchase an entire wardrobe of logo appearel, bandannas, even trucks just because it says Harley Davidson on it or all of a sudden don't seem to have the ability to pick their hand up to wave or seem to have a sudden desire to hang out at bike nights every night of the week....them, yes I bash.:crackup:

Glad for you. I hope you have many happy miles on the new bike. That wider back tire on the new ones really looks a lot better to me. Always glad to see someone with a new bike. Con grats to you. Great looking bike.

I am surprized they were willing to deal on thier bikes.

I have yet to find a Harley dealership (out of the 3 I tired) that is not an ******* and thinks the Harleys are Gods gift to man, then try to nickel and dime you to death plus the straight MSRP.

I can just imagine trying to get service from them if I happen to have a problem.

Not to mention last week going through that Riders Edge safety class (put on by Harley)last week and they treated us all like sub humans since none of us owned a Harley.

That was the final straw for me. If I had not paid $300 each for my son and me, I would have walked out training complete or not.

All that gave me a pretty bad taste in my mouth about the whole line of bikes and the dealers.

Glad for you. I hope you have many happy miles on the new bike. That wider back tire on the new ones really looks a lot better to me. Always glad to see someone with a new bike. Con grats to you. Great looking bike.

I am surprized they were willing to deal on thier bikes.

I have yet to find a Harley dealership (out of the 3 I tired) that is not an ******* and thinks the Harleys are Gods gift to man, then try to nickel and dime you to death plus the straight MSRP.

I can just imagine trying to get service from them if I happen to have a problem.

Not to mention last week going through that Riders Edge safety class (put on by Harley)last week and they treated us all like sub humans since none of us owned a Harley.

That was the final straw for me. If I had not paid $300 each for my son and me, I would have walked out training complete or not.

All that gave me a pretty bad taste in my mouth about the whole line of bikes and the dealers.

Yepper another HD Stealer rip-off. Should have done the MSF Course $25.00 per person :256:

It amzes me that if you quote any facts about harley you are bashing. Now that you have the ultra go to the harely tech talk web site and sign up. But be prepared, you've never heard harley bashing like you will hear from other harley riders.