IGNORED

Going to maintenance day in Ohio?

gunkylump

Beth and I will be going to Freebird's maintenance day next month. We live in the Windsor, Ontario area, and will be leaving on Friday morning June 5th.

So....is there anyone else heading down that way at the same time that would like to hook up and ride together? Anyone from further away that needs a place to crash for a night and then head out with us the next morning? We have 3 spare bedrooms(empty nesters).

If anyone is interested in either or, either e-mail me or post it here, and we can make arrangements accordingly.

We did leave it rather late, and have to book a room probably in Amherst, funny, because we live in Amherstburg. We are going wide open at work, and I wasn't sure if I could get vacation time or even a day off to attend maintenance day. Yes, the salt industry is going great guns....keep that global warming coming!!!

randy:think:

gunkylump@hotmail.com

Beth and I will be going to Freebird's maintenance day next month. We live in the Windsor, Ontario area, and will be leaving on Friday morning June 5th.

So....is there anyone else heading down that way at the same time that would like to hook up and ride together? Anyone from further away that needs a place to crash for a night and then head out with us the next morning? We have 3 spare bedrooms(empty nesters).

If anyone is interested in either or, either e-mail me or post it here, and we can make arrangements accordingly.

We did leave it rather late, and have to book a room probably in Amherst, funny, because we live in Amherstburg. We are going wide open at work, and I wasn't sure if I could get vacation time or even a day off to attend maintenance day. Yes, the salt industry is going great guns....keep that global warming coming!!!

randy:think:

gunkylump@hotmail.com

Randy look on the other thread about MD, I think Saddlebum is traveling your way and a few others. Maybe you can hook up with them.

I hope to get to meet you at the MD!

Yama Mama:big-grin-emoticon:

Looking forward to seeing you folks there Randy, we'll be heading out Thursday after I get off work and help Don set the place up for the masses. Be safe going down and we'll catch up with you there

:thumbsup2:

Looking forward to seeing you as well Squidley, it's been a loooooong winter!

randy:happy65:

Randy look on the other thread about MD, I think Saddlebum is traveling your way and a few others. Maybe you can hook up with them.

I hope to get to meet you at the MD!

Yama Mama:big-grin-emoticon:

Thanks for the reply YamaMama, Beth and I are looking forward to meeting you and so many others while in Ohio! So far it looks like we'll be hooking up with Ibents for the ride down, and hopefully a few more.

randy:happy34:

I know that MarCarl, BradT and several others are coming down from that general area. Also several from the Buffalo area.

Thanks Freebird! I'm sure as the time to head on out that we'll hook up with others.....Ibents for sure.

randy:crackup:

I will be traveling with Randy and I was also wondering if there was a place off I-75 that we could hook up with some of the Michigan riders. I'm not sure how many of the canucks from up around Kichener / Toronto would be traveling down this way, some may decide to go down through Buffalo and around the lake.

Hal , Marcarl and Joopster which way are you guys going?

Ian

We're going down on Friday. I'll run blocker for you if you think you can keep up with the Shuttle.....LOL.

Randy if you want to get your carbs set up before you go just say the word. I need the practice.

The shuttle? What the heck??? Aaaaaah, the land yacht, the mobile terra nova earth worm, the caddy of all created creature comforts....yeeeessssss! Can't speak for the rest of the bunch, but I'll do my best to keep up

Synching the carbs before we go would be great Gary.....when would it be convenient for you? I am on graveyard for this week and next, afternoons after that. I'd certainly appreciate it.

randy:banana:

Synching the carbs before we go would be great Gary.....when would it be convenient for you? I am on graveyard for this week and next, afternoons after that. I'd certainly appreciate it.

randy:banana:

Pretty much any morning would work for me. I do have an appointment on the 20th. Let me know what's good for you.

Just bumping this up. There has to be some Michigander's going down on Fri ! Have'nt heard from any yet!

Hal, Looking forward to seeing you and Gayle again, Also Lonna, don't forget my Cherry cheese cake. :sign09: :banana:

Ian

I wish we could go but Sam (wife) had an operation last Tuesday removing some tumors and the doctors say that they got everything and that things will be fine. We will see and we hope thats the case, but it will be 6-8 weeks till she can ride on the bike and I just wont go without her. She loves the bike and loves to ride so maybe next year if things go as expected. At least we were able to make Gettysburg.

Paul

I wish we could go but Sam (wife) had an operation last Tuesday removing some tumors and the doctors say that they got everything and that things will be fine. We will see and we hope thats the case, but it will be 6-8 weeks till she can ride on the bike and I just wont go without her. She loves the bike and loves to ride so maybe next year if things go as expected. At least we were able to make Gettysburg.

Paul

Sorry to hear you wont make it, but glad your wife is doing well, hopefully she will heal up quick. Dont forget Wv Skid In its not too far for you guys. Craig

Wow, somebody is all excited about heading out, I'd say,,,,,,,,normally, that's if anything can be normal aorund here,, things like this don't post up until the day before or maybe 2 days before,,,,,,, man, and we've still got 3 and a half weeks to go.

Any how, Marcarl, Wizard765, Joopster and who knows who else are going out on Friday and heading out for Buffalo, cross the border there,, beer up in Erie somewhere and then move in on the party about 10 Saturday morning.

We hope to be in Erie around sundown, could be though that it maybe somewhat later,, we planned that last year but had a few non-1st-genners with us and one wanted soooo bad to be a harley,,,and another ended up with a skin problem and that was a harley. Was all good on my side though, had a very pretty 13 year old in the passenger seat the whole time,, made me feel like I was a squirt once more.

Wow, somebody is all excited about heading out, I'd say,,,,,,,,normally, that's if anything can be normal aorund here,, things like this don't post up until the day before or maybe 2 days before,,,,,,, man, and we've still got 3 and a half weeks to go.

Any how, Marcarl, Wizard765, Joopster and who knows who else are going out on Friday and heading out for Buffalo, cross the border there,, beer up in Erie somewhere and then move in on the party about 10 Saturday morning.

We hope to be in Erie around sundown, could be though that it maybe somewhat later,, we planned that last year but had a few non-1st-genners with us and one wanted soooo bad to be a harley,,,and another ended up with a skin problem and that was a harley. Was all good on my side though, had a very pretty 13 year old in the passenger seat the whole time,, made me feel like I was a squirt once more.

Any time I can get a weekend off is pretty much a good thing for me Carl.....and yup, it even get's to be just a wee bit exciting as well. Really looking forward to this get together, will be great to meet all and have a gander at their bikes and ideas. Just a hopin for good weather and all will be just fine!!! See you there!

randy:scorched:

Pretty much any morning would work for me. I do have an appointment on the 20th. Let me know what's good for you.

Let's see what the weather brings in the next few days Gary. I don't mind cool weather, but rain and cool just isn't in my books. It would be great to be able to get together real soon. I'll keep you posted, thanks again!

randy:thumbsup:

Also Lonna, don't forget my Cherry cheese cake. :sign09: :banana:

Ian

She'll take care of you Ian

:)

Paul

Good to hear the surgery is good, but if she can travel in the cage, we'd love to have you folks with us. It's really about the food and folks...the bikes are somewhat second

:2cents:

Joyce and I will be going to Don's Friday as well. For you guys coming thru the Detroit area and heading down I-75 we could meet you at exit 15 near Monroe. We're about 20-25 minutes north of that and coming down I-275. Exit 15 is just a few miles south of where the two freeways merge.

So if we knew the approximate time you'd be coming thru we'd hook up with you all there.

Larry

Joyce and I will be going to Don's Friday as well. For you guys coming thru the Detroit area and heading down I-75 we could meet you at exit 15 near Monroe. We're about 20-25 minutes north of that and coming down I-275. Exit 15 is just a few miles south of where the two freeways merge.

So if we knew the approximate time you'd be coming thru we'd hook up with you all there.

Larry

Larry, Would 9-9:30am be to early for you or if you give us a time when you think you would be at the exit we could hook up.

Ian

Larry, Would 9-9:30am be to early for you or if you give us a time when you think you would be at the exit we could hook up.

Ian

That time line would be fine and no it's not too early. I figured we'd see what time you folks would be attempting the river crossing and knowing approximately how long it takes to go from there to exit 15 we would plan accordingly. I also realize that that getting across can be either a breeze or a royal pain, depending on volume of traffic and such.

Larry

BTW: We booked our room at the Super 8 for Friday & Saturday. The Oberlin hotel had rooms available yet but no non-smoking ones.