IGNORED

Batwing Installed....

DragonRider

Well finally got the Batwing fairing installed on the V Star, it only took a few hours to do, but it took, a door fabricator, a substitute school teacher, a Fed Ex driver and a rocket scientist.......so wasnt to tough............and we also rewired this weird looking trailer so the rocket scientist could get it home from here.

New pics added, removed the fairing to adjust the brackets and paint, fairing is now reinstalled with everything,w/s, lowers, and fork lowers...........Its finished.........:dancefool::dancefool:

I guess I can call it Midnite now................

Edited by DragonRider
Add pics

Man that is one nice looking set up! I sent the pics to a friend of mine so he can see what his RS would look like with a Batwing.......He called me on the phone and I could actually hear him drooling.....:crackup:

Boomer.....who wonders how many times the guy with the hammer had to hit things into alignment.

NanaNanaNanaNanaNanaNanaNana...............BATWING!!!

Once Eck got out the hammer, things went together pretty well. Lewis was getting awful nervous though!!! That trailer was wired so that when the trucks left turn signal was on, the right signal on the trailer would blink and vice-versa. We finally got it so there were brake lights on the trailer but no turn signals or running lights. Well...almost no turn signals, when the left signal is on... everything on the trailer blinks! :confused24: I couldn't figure out how that guy had wired it?!?! I think Eck has his work cut out for him on that. He'll have to rewire the trailer and the Wing.

Oh well, the mexican food and beer afterwards were excellent!

Well...almost no turn signals, when the left signal is on... everything on the trailer blinks! :confused24: I couldn't figure out how that guy had wired it?!?!

I've run into that before. Check to be sure there is a proper ground:stickpoke:. Most folks rely on the hitch ball as a ground. Sometimes it works most times it doesn't. Run a seperate wire, through the plug and hook it to a lug on the trailer frame.

Good Job Lew I Like a lot, And I like a crew. Looks like union job. one is working, 3 guys are supervising.

My Arkady fairing for Strat is coming sometime next week. Does, Batwing has speakers setup? My is with marine grade 4 speakers, DVD and built in 3,5" LCD screen, So I can Watch Paris Hilton While riding :crackup::1hotsht:

Good Job Lew I Like a lot, And I like a crew. Looks like union job. one is working, 3 guys are supervising.

My Arkady fairing for Strat is coming sometime next week. Does, Batwing has speakers setup? My is with marine grade 4 speakers, DVD and built in 3,5" LCD screen, So I can Watch Paris Hilton While riding :crackup::1hotsht:

That Very Hot......:sign20:

Well I certainly did enjoy all the laughs and puns we had during the expedition we took, led by Lewis and Clark (wingman's new name), in the manufacturing of the four brackets and installing them to set the fairing in place.

I think the fairing looks really sharp on it. Just a little more final touches to the brackets by rounding corners off and then painting them should make it really a complete installation job.

Hey Lewis, dont forget to mark each bracket as to where they were located before you remove them and get them mixed up...

Might want to consider doing one at a time or one side at a time maybe.....

I also want to thank Lewis and wingman (clark) again for going and picking up my trailer and side car body for me last weekend. Thanks guys!

I want to thank Todd to for helping with the wiring of the traielr to the truck, and for buying my dinner and that extra large mug of beer..man, I dont know what kind it was, but not only was it good, it was REALLY GOOD...Thanks Todd

I made it back home to Huntsville at 9:15pm

Thanks to all you guys for everything ! :thumbsup2:

Dan answer to your question, backside is open, I will have to fab some mounts for my sat radio, cb and small amp.

Bill, it works really well, I still need to adjust it up and back further to raise the wind screen up some more, that will be easy, the hard part was getting it mounted, as you see it took 4 of us to do it, but we couldnt have done it without Eck.........he weilds a good hammer, he never left a mark on it..............Thanks also to Wingman, and 86er for their help.

Todd I found that missing beer, rather Charlene did..........so I still got 4 to kill.

As soon as I get it tweaked and where I want it, I will post more pics.......but I am really happy with it right now, its just gonna get better.