IGNORED

Just bought our first RSV !!

FL-Venture-Rider

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrads on your new ride! Sorry you couldn't find an 06 black cherry, but then again the blue is good too!!LOL! Enjoy our site and don't take anything we say too seriously! Hope to see you around

:sign yeah that:

Like Ken said congrats on the new ride. I like the Blue/Black but the Black Cherry is the BEST!

Make sure you you get it straight to a dealer to transfer the warrenty. Probably should find out which local dealer the owner was doing business with, they should be able to transfer the warrenty on the spot.

That's great advice. Also, while you are the originating dealer, make sure to get the keycode in case you ever lose yours on the road. It seems only the originating dealer can give you the code. Makes sense to introduce yourself. :)

Congrats on the pretty bike! In no time at all you'll be ready to trade up to the faster Midnight Tour Deluxe.:rasberry:

Congratulations,

I also have an 07 blue/black. It is a great bike!!! I had to replace my stock rear tire at 8000 miles. You mentioned that it turned really great, you may want to look at the rear tire. You may be a Darksider and not know it. My turns improved with the CT on the rear. I get a lot of compliments on the color. The Harley guys love it. I had one Ultra owner tell me he wanted to repaint his to match the blue on the RSV. Then 20 minutes later crashed his bike. Strange way to get a new paint job!

Tony

Thanks everyone, you all been great here

Tony, I have 8,800 miles on the bike, and I questioned the owner about the tires, as there hard to tell how much thread is left. In the middle there more flat then the outter edges. If I had to guess, I would say they have another few thousand on them, but not sure

I've owned a couple of full dressers, including a GW. I think that has helped with the turning and comfort level of this bike.

ON the GW for example, I couldn't;t flat foot the bike , which in the begging It really bothered me, tip-pee toeing a 800lb bike at stops riding 2-UP. But I got used to it.

For some season , the RSV is .30 tenths higher, which is a 1/4" higher then the GW, which is nothing, but I can easily flat foot the RSV.

My whole riding position on the RSV is perfect. I never owned a bike that fit me so well

Were really looking forward to picking it up Wednesday, and enjoying the bike

I'm also watching a few auctions right now for the driving lamps for the front, and a luggage rack for the rear :fingers-crossed-emo

Hey brother nice bike and your right the blue and black is the fastest. To bad that i have to go out of town tomorrow cause this weekend would be a great time to ride. I might be able to come back into town if i do i will give you a ring. again nice bike and congrats.

Bill

I have an 07 Blue/Black and love it. I get lots of compliments on it everywhere I go. Have a buddy that has the 08 Cherry/Black and it looks good too, but I am bias and think mine looks much better.

Marco,

Now that you have had the Venture for a few days, let us know how you like it??

Again if there is anything I can do to help, (being semi-local) just ask.

Are you planning to make it to the Leesburg,FL bike fest 24 Apr to 26 Apr?

Take care

Thanks for asking Steve , as we just came back from a nice 500 mile round trip this weekend. We left Friday eve for FL/GA boarder, which was about a 3+ hour trip up 95, arrived around 11pm in Jacksonville with the wife.

Saturday we spent all day on the bike, and took the bike across the St Johns River on a Ferry, over the Ferdina Beach, and Amelia Island. We went shopping, saw a remote control boat show, took pics with the Easter Bunny, went to a Fort, and then on Sunday we went to St Augustine for the day, and just got home at 5:00pm, total round trip was about 500 miles. Sunday after stopping in St Augustine, we stopped for lunch at one of my fav places right along A1A, as you can see from the pic below, its ocean front !

Man, we had so many compliments on the bike this weekend, several people came over and stared and ask questions. Had allot of compliments on the color combo, we just love the bike.

I really don;t have any complaints, other then the gear box being just a tad noisy, but that's really it.

As far as comfort, we rode the bike all day, and loved the seats and backrest. The bike is really comfortable, and handles great on the highway. Our other bikes we had to spend over a $1,000.00 just for comfortable seats, but the RSV comes with the most comfortable seats, we love em.

I really love the air ride suspension, cruise control, which I used all weekend, and the feel of the bike. Only once I was on a incline towards the kick stand side and went to lift the bike, and had to put it back on the side for a min, telling my wife to lean over to the right, then I picked it right up. The bike handles great, very smooth running engine, rides beautiful down the road, and were extremely happy with the bike, and we REALLY love the color, man it really shines nice when the sun hits it.

I do wish it had reverse like the GW, as it is over 1,200lbs with both of us on the bike, and one time I was pushing back with both of us on it, and my foot slide on a leaf, and the bike all most want over, heart raced a little there :) . But you get used to parking in spots so you don't need reverse. Other then one time I could have used it, no biggie.

All together since we picked it up last Monday night, we put 900 miles on it all ready :) Now the bike has 9,670 miles on it, from 8,800 :)

Next month I think I'll change the tires to the Venom's , as this month I just had to buy tires for my SUV.

We a great ride though, we rode the whole east coast of Florida down from GA to Melbourne, and loved the bike , thanks for asking

We'll hook up with a ride here soon, as we had dinner the other night in Vero, which is about 60 miles south of us. In a few weeks, we are planning on a ride over to Cedar Key also

One thing was I couldn't get the side bags opened Saturday night, and we had all our clothes in the room, and a ton of stuff to pack. After a hour we gave up trying to open them, went to dinner, came back and still couldn't open the side bags.

The whole trip they kept opening, and now there stuck closed, and there empty, and were 5 hours from home! SO my wife says, why don't you read the manual. I responded , " You don't think I know how to open saddle bags " ? Ok, OK, I read the manual just to check if I wasn't missing something..............and Walaaaa!

The manual says to open them, turn the lock counter clockwise, and to close clockwise. Ever since I bought the bike, I was doing it back wards ( Explains why they kept opening on me all week :) ) So I turn the key counter clock wise, pushed the lock, and there they go, popped open!! Ran over and hugged my wife, and said thank you ! Cause I was on my way to Staples on Saturday night to ship all our stuff home ! :bang head:

So after we had that small mishap resolved, everything was " OK " and we had a great time , lol

Edited by FL-Venture-Rider

Here's some pics of the weekend:

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/fltekdiver/IMGP0561.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/fltekdiver/IMGP0462.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/fltekdiver/IMGP0484.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/fltekdiver/IMGP0483.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/fltekdiver/IMGP0551.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/fltekdiver/IMGP0519.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/fltekdiver/IMGP0520.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/fltekdiver/IMGP0521.jpg

Yeah one thing everyone learns real fast with a Venture is to park smart. I never try to back mine up with the wife on board, even though she only about 98 pounds soaking wet.

If you make the Cedar Key run and want some company let me know, I am due for run over that way , have not been to west coast for about a year.

The Ft Lauderdale STAR chapter is sponsoring a BBQ on the 25th of April over in Leesburg during the bike fest. Let me know if you want the details.

Ride Safe

Yeah one thing everyone learns real fast with a Venture is to park smart. I never try to back mine up with the wife on board, even though she only about 98 pounds soaking wet.

If you make the Cedar Key run and want some company let me know, I am due for run over that way , have not been to west coast for about a year.

The Ft Lauderdale STAR chapter is sponsoring a BBQ on the 25th of April over in Leesburg during the bike fest. Let me know if you want the details.

Ride Safe

That would be great as we, or I am planning to goto Leesburgh for sure , just not sure about the wife yet, she works every other weekend at a Hospital

Thanks, looking forward to meeting you, and also your more then welcome to join us over to Cedar Key, I'll let you know the dates

Marco

See the post below for the infon the BBQ.

I am trying to get a group to ride over together , leaving from the gas station at the intersection of State Road 44 and route 415 in Samsula, just west of New Symnra Beach at 9AM on the 25th. You are welcome to join us.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29230&highlight=leesburg

Marco

See the post below for the infon the BBQ.

I am trying to get a group to ride over together , leaving from the gas station at the intersection of State Road 44 and route 415 in Samsula, just west of New Symnra Beach at 9AM on the 25th. You are welcome to join us.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29230&highlight=leesburg

Ok thanks, my email is :

mdelano@cfl.rr.com

I'll keep in touch, as I'm riding over with some people, plus meeting people there also, I'll let you know as we get closer :thumbsup: