IGNORED

74 mph in a 35 mph zone!!

ken

Yesterday while on duty I clocked a guy on a victory vision going 74 mph while he was in a 35 mph zone. After I stopped him he said he was on the way to the hospital to see his wife. I'm not going to say weather or not I gave him a ticket:rasberry:, but I really think he was showing off for the guy on the crotch rocket he blew by!

Edited by ken

I got my first ticket when I was 16 for doing 70 in a 30 in a school zone and drag racing, that made mom proud!! Mom made me go to court and the other kid had just pissed off the judge by telling him he was wrong and to kiss his a$$ so he went to jail to think about it, I got up there and shot the crap with him and got lucky with a 40 dollar ticket. Of course he did tell me that if he seen me in his court again he was going to throw the book at me so I made sure not to get cought. The good old days!!

the last ticket I got was 22 years ago 85 on a 55 I think also on my way to the hospital and my sons birth.

there was a story on the new here about a buy speeding to get his wifew to the hosiptal before her mother passed. the cop was on tape going to have the car towed. they did make in in time in the end.

Last ticket I got was when I was 17. 135 in a 55, it took the officer 15 minutes to catch up with me. It was early morning sunday. Nobody was on the highway, it was a split 4 lane highway.

After the officer screamed the riot act on the side of the road at me, he then said....

"Give me your keys, and pop the hood, I have to see what the hell is in this thing."

I had an olds 442 engine shoved into a every panel dented 1979 Trans AM with a Diesel Truck Turbo. stuffed in there. It made well over 450lb of torque at 3500 rpm, enough to destroy a turbo 350 automatic transmission without much effort The turbo kicked in around 2500 rpm and it hit like someone lit a rocket. I built it all myself over a year in the driveway. This was in 1985 and my car would easily eat any Mustang or Corvette in the state of Michigan if the tranny held together. I was very proud of that car. I shoestring rebuilt the engine, hand lapped the valves, took apart 4 engines to scavenge enough ok bearings and parts to make one engine that ran well.

I got off with only a exceeding the energy speed limit ticket. Thank GOD he was a gearhead and was impressed how I built the whole thing myself, and that it was not flying apart leaving parts all along the highway at that speed. That same officer stopped by a week later and told my dad that my car needs to go to the track and stay off the road. Dad had no idea that I made a 11 second quartermile car in the driveway from junk. (11 second was very fast in 1985)

Last ticket I got was when I was 17. 135 in a 55, it took the officer 15 minutes to catch up with me. It was early morning sunday. Nobody was on the highway, it was a split 4 lane highway.

After the officer screamed the riot act on the side of the road at me, he then said....

"Give me your keys, and pop the hood, I have to see what the hell is in this thing."

I had an olds 442 engine shoved into a every panel dented 1979 Trans AM with a Diesel Truck Turbo. stuffed in there. It made well over 450lb of torque at 3500 rpm, enough to destroy a turbo 350 automatic transmission without much effort The turbo kicked in around 2500 rpm and it hit like someone lit a rocket. I built it all myself over a year in the driveway. This was in 1985 and my car would easily eat any Mustang or Corvette in the state of Michigan if the tranny held together. I was very proud of that car. I shoestring rebuilt the engine, hand lapped the valves, took apart 4 engines to scavenge enough ok bearings and parts to make one engine that ran well.

I got off with only a exceeding the energy speed limit ticket. Thank GOD he was a gearhead and was impressed how I built the whole thing myself, and that it was not flying apart leaving parts all along the highway at that speed. That same officer stopped by a week later and told my dad that my car needs to go to the track and stay off the road. Dad had no idea that I made a 11 second quartermile car in the driveway from junk. (11 second was very fast in 1985)

That brings a tear to my eye. Pure american spirit right there.:bawling:

they did make in in time in the end.

While they made it to the hospital just before she passed, the cop kept the driver outside in an ugly confrontation. The man did not get to see his mother in law before she passed on. It has been on the news that the officer did apologize after seeing his own actions on the playback and has now quite the force.

Crotch Rocket probably had too many tickets already so he knew better... :doh:

I had an olds 442 engine shoved

I had a 68 Olds 442 in 74. Man that was a screamer with just a holley 650 double pumper on it. Only car I ever had that still lit the tires up at 60 when you slammed 3rd gear.

Edited by BuddyRich

Well... as I recall ... it was about a month ago ... now, if the cop had not been nice to me ... I would have gotten a ticket for doing 140 in an 80 zone (kilometers that is) ... as it was, he slapped me with a $170 fine and wrote me up for a much slower speed.

I once worked with an older lady of the blue-haired persuasion. She had gone to get her hair done during her lunch hour one day. Well, it ran a little long on this particular occaision and she was running late on her return to work. She got caught by a local cop while going 72 in a 30 (residential). She came back to work FUMING. That stupid cop had written her a ticket and she just couldn't figure out why. She had explained that the reason she was speeding was that she was in a hurry (naturally you wouldn't be going fast if you weren't). Furthermore, she wasn't doing any harm in going fast because she was in a residential area (yep, another one got out of the "enchanted kingdom" a bit too early). She said that ill-mannered cop yelled at her and really let her have it about her speed and that she was going to fight the ticket. I told her that if I had been the cop, I would have pulled her from the drivers seat by her blue hair and hauled her high and mighty butt off to jail without a second thought.

I remember my teen years on my XS 1100, when I could outrun the cops and get home to shut the garage door with me safe inside, engine hot and "tinging" like crazy after I shut it off. Those were the days.

Not so easy to do that stuff now.:stickinouttounge:

I remember my teen years on my XS 1100, when I could outrun the cops and get home to shut the garage door with me safe inside, engine hot and "tinging" like crazy after I shut it off. Those were the days.

Not so easy to do that stuff now.:stickinouttounge:

Yea, They invented 2 way radio since then. Not so easy to outrun them now...:rotf::rotf:

When I was 18 I got pulled over (well I actually pulled over and waited) for doing 125 in a 15 in my 71 Charger. I had been drinking and was showing off to my girlfriend. The Trooper pulled in behind me, came up to the window saw I had a girl in the car and asked me to come sit in his car. Where he proceeded to show me a photo album full of crash victims due to drunk driving. He then told me "I could care less about you, it's that young lady you have in your car that I care about" I got the message and since he didn't want to do the paperwork dealing with a DWI he said "I'm going to write you a ticket for running a red light" I said, stupidly I might add. There are no red lights on this road. Duhhhhh!!!! He repeated it again and I again got the message.

I can honestly say I feel I owe that officer my life, what he showed me and did for me scared me straight. My drinking and driving days were over and I don't push the speed limit more than 3 or 4 MPH.

I have not had a ticket since I became a cop, not that I haven't been stopped. I also never gave a ticket and a lecture. I usually offered most young people the choice. The others I would ask if they knew why I stopped them and if the said they did not, then I gave them one. If they said yeah I was speeding or whatever it was I stopped them for, then I would let them go.

When I was young(!) had a 67 tempest with oversize tires. Officer pulled me over on 33 south of Columbus OH for speeding. I honestly told him my speedo said 55, which the three young ladies with me(!!) verified. He wrote me a ticket, my dad said that we were going to court. He was a mechanic and Auxiliary State Highway Patrol. We sat down and did the calculations on the tire size, rear end gear and speedo gear in the tranny and presented our findings to the judge. He overturned the ticket based on the evidence presented! He said he'd never had someone do that before, always just said it and never proved it!

Of course nowadays I just blame it on the 1st gen!

Dan

Back in 69 when you could buy a really nice running Camaro I took my girlfriend from Houston to Galveston on prom nite. At about 1 AM coming back to Houston from Galveston I came beside a 55 chevy that wanted to race. (You could just tell). We wound them up all the way and I buried the speedo on the Camaro that had a 327 with 350HP. We ran that way for about 20 miles and as I reached Pasadena Tx., (just south of Houston) I slowed down as the 55 got off the freeway and about 5 miles later I got pulled over for doing 60 in a 50 at 1AM. When the office walked up and asked that question I said. "Sir I was only doing 60 and this freeways speed limit is 60 here. He let me know I had entered "Pasadena Tx" and that the speed limit on "Their" section of the freeway was just 50. I laughed and said ok give me the ticket, thinking but you shoulda seen me 5 minutes ago. As he delivered me the ticket me and my girlfriend jsut started laughing and then drove off.

Haven't gotten many tickets since then though. But I am known to be an aggressive driver.

Attached is a picture of my last ride I sold last year when I decided to start 2 wheeling it. Sometimes I still miss it.

I have not had a ticket since I became a cop, not that I haven't been stopped. I also never gave a ticket and a lecture. I usually offered most young people the choice. The others I would ask if they knew why I stopped them and if the said they did not, then I gave them one. If they said yeah I was speeding or whatever it was I stopped them for, then I would let them go.

Same here ticket OR lecture.

Stopped a kid one night in Columbus, MS, cause he almost cleared the ground:yikes: coming up the hill on Main Street, meeting me. Must have been doing 75 in a 25, didn't have radar that night.

It was 11:45 PM and he told me he was rushing to drop a buddy off and be home by Midnight. I had him sit on the hood of his car 'til 12:15 and let him go, telling him that he was now already late so no need to hurry. I BET he didn't tell his dad that it was a mean ole policeman that made him late!;)

Now I was always one for getting the tickets when I was younger.

My first car was a 1970 VW beetle built for the 1/4 mile track (it would pull high 10's). My older brother who gave me the car thought it was perfect for a 16 year old - duh!!

Amazing I didn't kill myself and friends in that car. I remember one night after my summer job heading home racing my buddies new TA with me pulling away from him at 145 mph when we passed a cop with radar - the cop just stood there with his mouth open - never did chase us. I could see him later trying to explain that one.

Later I moved onto bikes - a little XS400 for a year and then an XS1100. On the XS1100 I was again quickly getting tickets then I bought the XVZ1200 - the first Venture. It didn't take long and I had racked up 4 speeding tickets within a year and was called into the DOT (MTO in Canada) for an interview.

The first thing the interviewer does is take your license from you then explains he doesn't have to give it back. So we go over my tickets - one by one. Everyone of them on a bike. The interviewer finally asks "did you get a new bike?" I told him yes that I got the new XVZ1200. So he asked me all about the bike. After a half hour of telling him about the bike - he says he understands, afterall he is an exbike cop - throws my license back at me and tells me to slow down and take it easy. I didn't lose my license that day but I did end up paying close to $5,000 per year for insurance (back in the early 80's).

Well I never did slow down, just got a lot smarter and haven't had a speeding ticket now in over 20 years (knock on wood).