IGNORED

Any interest?

1BigDog

I just want to see if there is any interest in this.

A friend was over the house to help me with my RSV today. While looking over the bike he thought he might be able to make some polished aluminum wind deflectors for the front forks at a reasonable price. I have some diamond plate too but im not too sure if diamond plate would go over well. Since he has a CNC router its possible to add a design into it too. If there is enough interest we will use my bike as a guinea pig and make a set and post photos. Soooo, any interest?

I would be interested but I am more interested in a wind deflector that mounts on the crach bar in frount of the floor board. I would like to turn it so wind blows over the motor and also diverts the wind outword on cold days. The Yamaha ones are way to expensive for me.

My two cents

Bubber

aka Steve

Don, we were thinking of a deflector that was a little bit wider and longer. Also my friend was thinking he might be able to incorporate a mount into the design as a one piece unit. Not trying to infringe on Diamond R's stuff as they are nice pieces, but since he has a machine he thought he might give it a go. And yes, they are the lower deflector, the one on the forks. Im going to go ahead and have him make me one set and see how they come out.

No problem. I am not one to thwart free enterprise. One word of caution, be careful trying to go longer. Diamond R actually makes their's about a half inch shorter than stock because the original ones will crack from hitting the front fender trim rail of those who have installed that option.

No problem. I am not one to thwart free enterprise. One word of caution, be careful trying to go longer. Diamond R actually makes their's about a half inch shorter than stock because the original ones will crack from hitting the front fender trim rail of those who have installed that option.

We looked at that since my rail has the bolt that extends out. Looks like a 1/4" cut inward will take care of that. but at this stage we can look at many options.

Don't get discouraged. If they turn out nice and you post a picture I'm sure there will be more interest than you think.

That was my thinking too. Guess its kinda hard to promote something without a finished product. Just wanted to see what the level of interest was before we got some material.:mo money:

My friend came over with a mock up piece today. After a slight tweak to the mounting bracket hes going to go ahead and make a set to try out. The design is a little different and if it works, it should be a really nice piece. He was also thinking about making a set of deflectors to replace those on the underside of the fairing out of polished aluminum and possibly the same for the lower vent area. But thats just in the talking stage right now. More to follow....

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the deflectors. My friend came by yesterday with several variations of the deflectors. First let me say that the finished product is really nice. However, there still needs to be some tweaking to them. His machine is on the fritz right now but we may be able to use his brothers machine up in GA. This time I'll probably take the bike up there for a better fit. But, if we can work the kinks out ill post some pics of them. I'll repeat, they look real nice. :thumbsup: