IGNORED

Can't Believe This

Grey Fox

i would call in the morning and say " since you don't have any qualified mechanics working for you, put the bike outside and don't touch it. I'll be over shortly to pick it up and i'll be in touch with yamaha about your service departments inability to read a service manual, or maybe just the inability to read period."

maybe the reading problem lies in the "awda" issue and they hired the handycapped "legally blind" applicant.:8:

wes0778,

$255 for carb sync!!!! Here in OK my local dealer wanted $80 and I thought that was high just to sync the carbs. Then I found a dealer in Tulsa, OK that not only sync'd the carbs but put my bike on a gas analizer and corrected the factory fuel/air mixture to proper settings and adjusted the idel all for a whopping $55. That is there everyday price!!!!!

Dennis

Maybe that explains why the 1st gens are so much faster,,, last I looked I could see at least 2 carbs, but then when I got around to the other side,, there they were again,, not sure now of the total count, but it at least has two,,,, and maybe 2 more for spares.

Maybe that explains why the 1st gens are so much faster,,, last I looked I could see at least 2 carbs, but then when I got around to the other side,, there they were again,, not sure now of the total count, but it at least has two,,,, and maybe 2 more for spares.

Wow! I couldn't quite see to good up there so I used two mirrors one on each side. You won"t believe this but the carbs on my 1st gen seem to go on to infinity!!!!! No wonder the first gens are so fast!!!!!!!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::D

I have never asked but is there any qualifications one must meet in order to be a Yamaha Dealer and said same for mechanics be certified and recertifed every few years?.

Yes, they must be able to fill out an application and breathe

Had my next door neighbor synch my carbs before I left for MD last year, he's been working on bikes for years, ASE and all that stuff......... Had Muffinman take my bike for a 1/2 mile run down the street at Dons while we were there, his report: Carbs 180d out of synch and bleed the brakes again!

Thats when I ordered my own carbtune..........

Another story- had just replaced the calipers, pads and rotors on the front of the Durango, wife still complaining about a small squeal at stops. Had her go to CarX. The report: Needs new rotors, calipers and pads!

Another reason I do my own work.......

Hey Don, if the going rate for a carb sync is $250 now, let's cut everyone a deal at maintenance day! How 'bout we do 'em for $150 and split it? The house takes $75 and I'll buy Jack with my $75!! Let's see, about 20 bikes x $75 . . . :big-grin-emoticon:

Course, I might need to sleep over in the front yard for a few days before I'm sober enough to ride home!!!!

:missingtooth:

Hey- I took a look and I think my 1986 has spare carbs. About 3 of them. If you would like I can unhook one from the storage bracket between the 2 Cylinders of my V-Twin Venture and mail one up to you. I am sure that my uneven fire engine only needs one of them to feed both cylinders. I think I might have the high performance model though. I seem to have 2 spark plugs per cylinder - kinda like my old dirt bike.

JB

Who needs Boomer to put a really good tag line here! :hihi:

Hey Don, if the going rate for a carb sync is $250 now, let's cut everyone a deal at maintenance day! How 'bout we do 'em for $150 and split it? The house takes $75 and I'll buy Jack with my $75!! Let's see, about 20 bikes x $75 . . . :big-grin-emoticon:

Course, I might need to sleep over in the front yard for a few days before I'm sober enough to ride home!!!!

Hey, no problem. If we were able to pull that off, I would just take off a couple of days and drink with you. :thumbsup2:

Dealers don't have the quality of mechanics that we would like to see. I have a thread on here somewhere about dealer issues I have experienced. I bought a 08 RSV new and the dealer didn't put but 20 PSI of air in the tires when it left the lot new. At 1800 miles the final drive started making so much noise that you couldn't hear the radio at all unless it was turned up to 20+ volume. Took it to dealer and they said it was suppose to make that much noise because of straight cut gears. Ended up having to get Yamaha involved and they made the dealer replace the final drive.....back quiet. One week later I took scoot to get new tires and the tire dealer pointed out that there was a washer (manual calls it a spacer but it looks more like a washer) missing on the rear. Looked up an assembly drawing on the internet and sure enough, there is a washer missing! The dealer didn't put the washer back in the rear when they changed the final drive. Most of the dealers that I have seen, have very young men working on bikes. I don't have anything at all against young men but because of their age, they can't have much experience and I think this is part of the problem.....the dealer will not pay enough money to get a seasoned motorcycle mechanic and they hire the first person that shows an interest in becoming a motorcycle mechanic, send him to a couple of 2 day courses and now they think they have a mechanic for half price.

Curious, did they ever figure out there is more than one Carb ? :rotf:

Brad

Don't know yet. I've kinda been trying to forget that but I still have this haunting imagine. I took the bike in to have the cruise control fixed, and rear shock replaced because it will not hold air longer than couple of days, sometimes less. I found out from someone else who took a bike to them. And supposedly the reason it would not run was "He BLEW-A-CARB" !! I would like to know what that means? :think:

Don't know yet. I've kinda been trying to forget that but I still have this haunting imagine.

I found out from someone else who took a bike to them. And supposedly the reason it would not run was "He BLEW-A-CARB" !! I would like to know what that means? :think:

Don't forget to bring a picture or a photocopy of the manual showing 4 carbs in when you go to get the bike. I know I would have some fun with that comment !:rotf:

Brad