IGNORED

Trip Master Tach

Tripmasters went out of business about 5 years ago due to the owners illness. He passed away from cancer not long after. You might check with the Venturers storekeeper, I think they aquired whatever inventory Tripmasters had left over not too long ago.

Hi Rick,

Just wondering if these trip master gauge pods were injection molded plastic of fiberglass?

Shouldn't be hard to duplicate in fiberglass if someone wanted too. Just need one to use for a mold.

I'll bet there would be a good market for them if someone wanted to tool up and get ambitious. Maybe Steve Wagner would be interested in adding to his product line.

They are made of molded plastic. The company that I work for actually has vacuum molding machines and I considered at one time doing something similar. The problem is, somebody bought the patent on this unit and I don't remember now who it was. It should be easy enough though to design something else that is similar but different enough to not violate the patent.

They are made of molded plastic. The company that I work for actually has vacuum molding machines and I considered at one time doing something similar. The problem is, somebody bought the patent on this unit and I don't remember now who it was. It should be easy enough though to design something else that is similar but different enough to not violate the patent.

You know what they say Don, "Build it and they will come".

Rick, I have one on my 06. Won it in a raffle on the Venturers' site. Had some problem with the install as Brent (storekeeper for that site) got all the inventory but no instructions. Found out that the sending unit for the temp guage had the wrong threads and had to be milled to fit the 2nd gen. He also sent me a resistor to put in line to make the guage accurate with the sending unit. The other problem I had was that the instuctions for hooking up the tach identified the wrong wire in the harness. When I followed the instructions tach didn't work. So I just ran a new wire from the #1 coil to the tach, thru the little wire harness attached to the guage. All works great now, although I think the temp guage reads a little high. But from what I remember about my Drag Specialties tach on my 99 this tach is pretty close. At 3500rpms my speedo indicates about 79mph, I think. Actually I haven't really looked at it lately. Will double-check it today as I rode the bike to work. By the way, the guy that owned/started Tripmasters patented the guage pod, the Diablo pipes and a couple other things for the 2nd gen. But the guage pod is really nice. I feel very fortunate to have gotten one!!!