IGNORED

Where are you planning to travel this summer?

Yama Mama

Hello all

im going to thunder in the valle in johnstown pa i was born there and not been back since 1977 i 3 brothers who ride we are all going hope to see some venturs riders up there

bumble bee

1999 rsv jax fl

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not being nosey! Just wondered where every one is planning on riding to this summer. I know where I want to travel; I am never sure if it will happen or not.

I want to go the Smokies again, the Blue Ridge Mountains, and probably down in Kentucky to take some of the distillery tours. I also would love to go to some Blue Grass Festivals.

Of course, to Freebird's MD.

Yama Mama

Beth and I are hoping to make it to Memphis this year.....Graceland in particular, then Nashville, weather and time permitting. We'll see how the time issue works out, not yet sure what vacation holds for us this year. Beth has suggested our returning to my old stomping grounds, Elliot Lake ON, but I am a miserable ol' cuss(more than usual)when it's time to come back down where we live now. We'll see what happens, how our dollar holds up against the U.S. dollar, and a whole lot of other factors before the final decision is made.

randy:bang head::smile5::yikes:

Like a lot of folks, we will be looking at our budget as we go through the summer. I do hope we can do a bit more camping with the little camper and the bike. A couple of years ago we took a whole week and stayed in three different camp grounds from Fall Creek Falls state park toward middle Tennessee to Townsend in the Smokeys to near Mt Mitchell just off the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was just a wonderful week. I would love to do something like that again.

We are also going to Mini Asheville in early July and that should be great.

RandyA

Looks like a lot of you have some nice rides planed. I just bought a 2004 Royal Star Venture from a guy up in N.H. Now I gotta sell my 2004 Road Star Silverado. Wife says I can't keep it. I am having surgery on my shoulder soon but hope to be able to ride by April 10th. We plan on heading from home in Fulton, NY To my daughters in Wake Forest, NC. Maybe 2 day visit then head down to one of my brothers in Mobile, Ala. Then if I get my way, I will send the wife home on a jet from where ever I can find a good deal. That may even out of Tampa or Orlando cause I have another Brother in Lakeland, Florida. Since I'll be out on comp for a while, I'll just be a riding around down there visiting family, and going to any nearby biker events. Try to hook up with other CMA members, etc. May even make it to my son's in NE arkansas. I will make it to Laconia, NH bike week as usual. Maybe Americade Lake George, NY. And hope to ride down rt.219 through WV to Lewisburg for our National East CMA Rally in July.

Yama Mama, you are going to have to make all those wonder trip for me. Since being laid off in October there are still no job prospect down here in Florida so I am having to work side jobs where I can and stay close. Thank God my wife is still working though her employer cut everys salary by 10% and that didnt help either. I am going on short rides with CMA's, still able to go to Patriot Guard missions and Abate meetings and rides but longer overnight rides are pretty much out as a whole at least for now. Im just grateful I am able to keep everything. You know there is a side benefit to such a tough economy, neighbors are talking to each other again. Mainly because so many are out of work but when they compare nots and skills, they start to barter and you are able to get things or get things done cheaper than in prosperous economy. Maybe that is out problem, we need to get back to knowing the people around us as friends and not as "those people". Well thats my soap box for the day. Have or make it a great day.

Terry " Big T " Richardson

Is usually 1 January to 31 December for us. This year we will do a ride to Pismo Beach in February, Laughlin/Grand Canyon ride in April, Yosemite in June, Deadwood, SD-Vancouver, BC in July, Reno Street vibrations in September and Cambria in November. Add 2 weekend rides for coffee every week and it's easy to see how those 25+k miles pile up every year. :Cool_cool36:

every weekend and day that it is nice with nothing to do

May. Branson for a rally

July family in a cage and 5th wheele

July. might try to make it to little sturgis KY

Aug. me and her for a week in Harrison for the INT Rally. this will be the longest that we have been a way from the kids ever.:smile5:

The biggest meet we are planning is to Arkansas then over to the Dragon meet if I can get the time off for that. Ark. for sure.

Other short road trips around the area and maybe some meet and eats with the Winnipeg crew and possibly something with the Sask. crew.

Pork in the Pines in Sept.

Looks like we will be flying out to Seattle and catching a ship for an Alaska cruise in June. With the bike I am working on making Cody but we will see. If we don't make Cody then Estes Park or Santa-Fe New Mexico for sure.

We are planning four days to Apalachicola for spring break, and I'm planning a week to Lake Placid in September.

In between a non-bike vacation,, 3 days Bahama's cruise in June.

I also have a week off in mid July, and a week off in early August, but no specific plans.

April - whatever the weather will allow

April 18 - Mississippi River Flood Run http://www.floodrun.org/

May 15-17 - mid-month, camping somewhere in WI

May 22-25 - Memorial Day Weekend, hosting a ride-in at our place, group ride up to and around Door County, maintenance day on Sunday

May 30-31- oldest granddaughter's HS graduation in Lincoln IL

June -might roll the FJR into Freebird's driveway...good practice for the SaddleSore 1000 later in the month

June 11-14 - Get Goosed, LaCrosse WI

June 20-21 or June 27-28 - SaddleSore 1000, Eau Claire WI to some point west, then some point north, to some point east, back to Eau Claire

July 5-12 - Spearfish SD Ride-In (Tentative)

Rest of July open, but if no Spearfish, then either east to New England for a week, or south to the Smokies for a week

August - Ride-In at the Bryden Rustic Campground, Ripon WI

September - Labor Day Weekend, camping somewhere in WI, MI, or MN

September 10-13 - Davis Rally, New Hampton IA

September 17-20 - FJR CFO Rally, LaCrosse WI

September 25-27 - OctoberFest, LaCrosse WI

October, first or second weekend - Apple Orchard Ride-In, Richland Center WI

Will fill the rest of the summer weekends with either camping trips within a couple hundred miles of home, northern WI or the UP, or another 1 or 2 LD rides on the FJR .. may squeeze a quick weekend in for a ride down to MO and some neat roads I found in the Mark Twain National Forest

Curt

Edited by FJR Rider

thought about a ride over to New Iberia, Lousiana. to go see the famous tobasco (hot sauce) plant/gift shop. also need to do a sepcial run down towards Corpus Christi soon, have a promise to keep. other than that my dance card is open.

best reguards

don c. :happy34:

Don, We go to Corpus Frequently. Let me know when you're going. We may be able to tag along. Also, the Tobasco run is something we have on our to do list. Just don't plan it for late summer, it's very hot there in the summer.

Our planned events:

Texas Maintance Day coming up on march 14

3 Sisters, April

Snarley Bill's Extend M/E May ?

Freebirds, Oh, June

International Rally, AR August

Venture Rally West, Cody, Wy, September

Texas Stampede, ??, October

Gonna make it to Georgia to see that bunch if possible.

Hope to make Asheville next year.

We were planing a trip to do the Skyline drive, the Blue Ridge Pkwy and going west to Menphis, but with the dollar exchange rate near 30%, we are reconsidering this because we were looking to a two to three weeks riding ie: +/- 5000 kms. So we will travel in Canada

Richard