IGNORED

Back from the dead.......

1BigDog

OK, so the title is a little misleading.........Had my knee surgery on Wed the 25th. They found a slightly torn meniscus, loads of arthritis and two nice bone fragments floating around in there, occasionally sliding up under my knee cap and causing all sorts of mischief. Well, theyre out, the tear is repaired and I took my first big move today by making it up the stairs to my bedroom all by myself. Im finally getting mobility back in the knee again. Guess those bone fragments locked things up pretty well when they wanted to. One fragment was the size of a fingernail. Only had to take Oxycodone for 3 days. Still have about 85 left..........Should be a heck of a lot more comfy on the bike now. Love my new walker too...........:whistling:

Ruffy,

Sure glad your getting back to normal. (well, I'll leave that one alone for now)

Hope your able to walk and do things like a new man when its all over and all healed up.

Look forward you seeing you again down the road soon! :thumbsup2:

And do what the Dr. says.....! :stickpoke:

Still have about 85 left..........Should be a heck of a lot more comfy on the bike now. :whistling:

Is there a tie-in between the 85 Oxycodone and being comfortable on the bike?! Tell me it ain't so Ruffy! You're not gonna share, are you???? :banana: :cool10: :rotf:

Dan

Ruffy,

Sure glad your getting back to normal.

Ruffy normal:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:, it could never happen......... :stickpoke:

Is there a tie-in between the 85 Oxycodone and being comfortable on the bike?! Tell me it ain't so Ruffy! You're not gonna share, are you???? :banana: :cool10: :rotf:

Dan

Probably is a tie in, possibly won't share (they won't last him, as long)............

:stirthepot: :080402gudl_prv:

Love my new walker too...........:whistling:

Have you added extra Chrome and leather? :rotf:

Good Luck. I can relate to finally being pain free. Broke down and started getting shots in my back because the won't operate. Boy have I felt better!

Glad you doing better Jeff, those old knees can be a real pain, Charlene went through that same operation back Sept.11, 2008, hers is better but wont get much better till she gets her back and hip fixed.

Hope you are able to get back to riding soon, rehab can be a real drag. Glad to hear your recovery is going well.:thumbsup:

We will keep you in our prayers and thoughts.........

Lewis & Charlene

Ruffy,

Sure glad your getting back to normal. (well, I'll leave that one alone for now)

Hope your able to walk and do things like a new man when its all over and all healed up.

Look forward you seeing you again down the road soon! :thumbsup2:

And do what the Dr. says.....! :stickpoke:

Define normal..........and I am following the docs orders explicitely..taking my pills as required....:innocent:

Glad to hear all went well. Those darn little bone fragments are a pain. Hope you heal fast and do what you're suppose to. Don't want to have to send Jeff down there to make sure you do. Just remember to take it slow for a bit. Bet you'll be on the bike real soon.

Margaret

Zeus says to send Jeffy......

Ruffy,

That is all good news, as hard as it is do what the doctor says, looking forward to seeing you at the next FLA meet and greet.

See above........

Dan

No sharsies but will exchange for chrome.......

great!! glad to hear that things are gettin better for ya..:thumbsup2::smile11:
Glad to see your up and about too, Gary.

Ruffy normal:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:, it could never happen......... :stickpoke:

Probably is a tie in, possibly won't share (they won't last him, as long)............

:stirthepot: :080402gudl_prv:

Keep it up Sprocket........:moon:

Hey Jeff

Good to hear the news. Did you get the walker with the wheels on it. If so it will slide easier if you cut a tennis ball in half and put on the back legs!:p

No wheels and im just about off of it.

Have you added extra Chrome and leather? :rotf:

Good Luck. I can relate to finally being pain free. Broke down and started getting shots in my back because the won't operate. Boy have I felt better!

I actually thought of adding a leather pouch to it........studded of course....

Glad you doing better Jeff, those old knees can be a real pain, Charlene went through that same operation back Sept.11, 2008, hers is better but wont get much better till she gets her back and hip fixed.

Hope you are able to get back to riding soon, rehab can be a real drag. Glad to hear your recovery is going well.:thumbsup:

We will keep you in our prayers and thoughts.........

Lewis & Charlene

Thanks Lewis and Charlene

Thanks to everyone for their warm wishes. Im just sure glad that the damage wasnt as bad as I thought. It feels good to be down to the lower end of the pain scale again. Got tired of the pain sucking the life out of me:bawling:. Jean says its the first time in months that I havent made any attempt to kill someone....:fiddle:Im going to take the car out for a drive today to see how it feels. I start therapy on Tuesday. My range of motion still isnt there fully yet.

Thanks again.......:bowdown:

Dan, dont put it off if you need it. I should have done it a long time ago but I needed to build up some leave from work beforehand. They can scrape off the inside of the knee cap to relieve some roughness but once arthritis is in there its in there.

Drove the SUV today. It felt a bit stiff but had nowhere near the amount of pain that I had before. :12101:

Dan, dont put it off if you need it. I should have done it a long time ago but I needed to build up some leave from work beforehand. They can scrape off the inside of the knee cap to relieve some roughness but once arthritis is in there its in there.

Drove the SUV today. It felt a bit stiff but had nowhere near the amount of pain that I had before. :12101:

Thanks for the info Jeff...and hope the quick recovery continues..:happy34:

OK, so the title is a little misleading.........Had my knee surgery on Wed the 25th. They found a slightly torn meniscus, loads of arthritis and two nice bone fragments floating around in there, occasionally sliding up under my knee cap and causing all sorts of mischief. Well, theyre out, the tear is repaired and I took my first big move today by making it up the stairs to my bedroom all by myself. Im finally getting mobility back in the knee again. Guess those bone fragments locked things up pretty well when they wanted to. One fragment was the size of a fingernail. Only had to take Oxycodone for 3 days. Still have about 85 left..........Should be a heck of a lot more comfy on the bike now. Love my new walker too...........:whistling:

Good deal, Jeff! The key to fast healing is to NOT do too much; follow doctor's instructions. :happy65:

Glad to see you're doing good Jeff. I had my first cortisone shot in my left knee just before Thanksgiving. It's helped the pain a lot (except for the weather changes.....), we'll see how long it helps me out before I have to go further, either arthroscopic surgery or a partial knee replacement, depends how it holds up. Hope it all continues to go well for you.