IGNORED

Extra Key

frankc

I have thought about it...but where do you get them...I have seen blanks on Ebay but are they correct blanks. :confused24:

If I could find a source for the correct blank...I would have one cut locally.

My dealer is 2.5 hours away...not much worth the effort to go there...:doh:

I keep a "spare" on my regular key-ring with my other keys, either in my pocket or attached to a belt loop with a spring clip. The Venture key is on a ring all by itself, with the addition of a small flashlight. I've always got an extra key handy and I've always got a flashlight!

TERRY

I was wondering if it's a good idea to hide an extra key on the bike somewhere? How many of you do this now?

It sure would come in handy if you lost the original while you were out somewhere.

Thanks

I went to my locksmith and he found a flat key that fits in my wallet, so I carry it everywhere.

Brian

I had a driver backrest on my RSV, that had a zipper so you could remove the foam if you needed to modify it, or replace it. I had a spare key stuffed all the way to one corner under the foam.

My new bike is no different, nor is my car. There's always a spare key somewhere. My parents have also done this for years, and so far, no stolen vehicles. Unlike the RSV (which was fairly easy to get to), none of them are ever convenient. Half of the time I forget where they are and have to spend 10+ minutes looking for them, even knowing they're there.

The Basic Blank is $6.00 at the dealer. (not the $45.00 one)

like you have now.

I just went through this. cuz I have sold

my saddle bags and I got a extra key made for them for the

new owner. even had my local hardware store cut it for me.

I myself have 3 extra keys for the bike.

Jeff