IGNORED

Deal or No Deal

Gambit

Hello everyone,

I registered for this site because i know i am buying a Venture as soon as i find one that i like. Right now i am looking at two for around the same price and year. My question to all those who have the knowledge of these bikes is, how does $9000 sound for a 2004 with 22,000 miles? I know what these bikes go for new but not sure about resale value. It is a midnight edition BTW. I think that is just the paint job but maybe you all can enlighten me. Thank you in advance.

Josh

IMHO...A Midnight is a very special bike.

It has chrome fork tubes and wonderful black paint job.

The Midnight editions usually bring more resale value.

BUT I may be partial since I own a Royal Star Midnight Venture.

WELCOME to this site. You will find so much information about Venture that we love so much, it will make your head spin.

There is a huge wealth of knowledge here in text and from the members experience owning the Venture.

Ask any question and you will have an answer pretty quick.

AGAIN WELCOME to the Family.

:big-grin-emoticon:

9k for an 04 midnight is probably not to bad. With the current state of the economy you can probably find one a little cheaper if you do a little hunting. The midnight does have the chrome front forks and I believe a different seat they would be a very nice bike if they were blue. Oh and by the way you have just committed your self to a nut house welcome.

You may want to negotiate a bit on the price. Also, check around for a newer model. It may be worth a few extra bucks - Why? you ask?

These bikes come with a factory 5 year warranty. A 2004 is out of warranty. While these are very reliable bikes, they are still a machine and things happen.

If you could find an '06 or '07 for another thousand, it might be worth it.

Other than that, this is a great bike that will provide many years of reliable, fun, and comfortable riding.

Welcome to the asylum.

RR

cool. but what is the difference in first Gen and second gen and what year is the cutoff?

Day and night 1st gen 1983 to 1993, 2nd Gen 1994 to present Drastic model change. You'll just have to go back and follow the threads on the pros and cons of 1st gen vs 2nd gen. Basically at least as far I can tell from this site The best Gen is the gen of the one you own.

Welcome aboard.

thanks for all the great info so far. there are a couple here for sale but the 06's that i see are asking 12-13 grand. the 04 has less mileage and it is the midnight edition which i like the black ALOT. especially since now i know it already has chrome forks and the such.

As far as which gen is faster, who cares? 70 miles per hour is 70 miles per hour. Doesnt really matter to me how fast i get there and dont care to go much over that minus the few digs every now and again because i ride to cruise not speed. If i wanted speed i would get a crotch rocket. Sorry first genners but i like the looks of the second gen much more.

That's ok Gambit. We will give you directions to where we are going and have your coffee ready for you when you catch up. :stickpoke:

Get used to it. It never stops around here. As for those really fast blue ones I tell they are blue because I can see them in my mirror. :ignore:

I ride a blonde 1st gen myself but there is a black cherry '08 at a dealer here that is teasing me every time I'm in there. I might not be able to resist much longer. I like the style and the forward controls a lot and being 6'2" the bike fits me great.

Ya never know.

interesting how a simple question about price on a 2nd gen turns into a battle (friendly of course) between 1st & 2nd gens LOL

N-E-Wayz ... I got my 06 Midnight last Nov for $12,900 and that's here in Canuck-Land and it only had 1300 Kilometers on it.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

Got the guy down to $8000 for the 04 midnight. Picking up the money from the bank tomorrow. I think it ended up being a good deal for 8k NADA lists it for 11k. I will hopefully have it within the next two days. woop woop

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

Got the guy down to $8000 for the 04 midnight. Picking up the money from the bank tomorrow. I think it ended up being a good deal for 8k NADA lists it for 11k. I will hopefully have it within the next two days. woop woop

Good on you! You will love the bike...........and leaving them 1st Gen's in the dust.

Boomer.....:stirthepot: