The video sound great! I think I am interested...may be a nice X-Mas gift for my Venture. :thumbsup2:

I guess if I have the BUB slip on installed, I don't have to worry about any mechanical problems down the road???

32k miles on mine with no problems and if your haveing them installed no jetting is needed.:2cents: Don't pay for something you don't need.:happy34:

The video sound great! I think I am interested...may be a nice X-Mas gift for my Venture.

I guess if I have the BUB slip on installed, I don't have to worry about any mechanical problems down the road???

Only issue is the tips of the bubs, the painted chrome tip has a tendacy to flake off.

Others have gotten new ones under warranty, or changed the tips to something else, but can not beat the sound

Brad

• 2 years later...
I've got the Baron's 4/2/4 pipes - sounds great - a little loud - but I love the look - and the sound.

Me too. Nothing beats this sound as far as I am concerned. On take off and slow down the sound is superb and I can still hear my radio with no issues at all speeds and the 4 tails of the pipes look great.

Enjoyed reading and looking at all the post about this subject. I bought a pair of HD pipes that are completely stock along with the adapter brackets. However, my 2001 RSTD stock mufflers are not slipons and will have to cut off to replace. Not sure about doing that at this time. I would like to have a little more sound, maybe slightly deeper, but the stocks sound decent with the V4. Just pondering what to do....? ? ? ? ? I'm an oldie, so don't need to much noise! Jim.:backinmyday: :backinmyday: :backinmyday: :backinmyday:

I love how my bike sounds. I thought it was loud till a crotch rocket pulled up next to me with an annoying fart can. My buddy with the harley says he hears a knocking in my pipes.

I poke him as well and tell him that hes not hearing well due to the harley s frequency intefereing with his hearing aide.

I currently ride an 01 Vulcan 1500 with baffled Corbra drag pipes. I LOVE the sound of the bike. I've read that the RSV with the right mufflers sounds like a V8. How do you guys with aftermarket mufflers find they sound? If I like a bike to have a distinctive sound would I like a V4 with pipes? I realize a v4 won't sound like a single crank pin V-twin. I've ridden an RSV with stock and debaffled stock mufflers. They were both on the quiet side for my taste.
Everybody that has heard my bike, the 1999 RSV says it sounds like a V-8. Put the Baron Nasty Boy's on around a year and a half after I bought the bike along with K&N Filters, picked up 12 more horsepower, 2 more mpg, get 42 mpg, and have gotten as much as 55 without having to re-jet. This is one satisfied customer!! :thumbsup2:

My 2006 Midnight is de-badged, has a few non-standard parts on it, and of course the black ceramic Rineharts making their awesome sounds.. Always fun to have a Harley guy roll up, listen to the sounds and shout over "Now THAT is how a Harley should sound like, yeah!"

Happened last week.. all I could say was " yes, you are absolutely right" and rolled away hehe..

Nothing makes pipes sound great like a V4 ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I looked at the LA Choppers exhaust but ended up going with thr Barons double nasty exhaust. Has a nice deep throaty sound when idling but rapps good when getting on the throttle and tappers off when desired speed is reached. I can hear the music fine also. Just had this exhaust put on a couple weeks ago. I haven't checked my mpg yet, did have it re-jetted and put on the K&N filters. I'm hoping the mpg won't go down the tubes.

My 2004 is fitted with Samson slash-cut pipes.

I've had H-D :bowdown: riders :bowdown::bowdown:comment on the sound.

There is no other sound like it!

Ditto my '99 RSV. The Sampson slash cuts provide a deep throated V-8 powerboat sound that few other bikes can match. I get comments on it all the time.