IGNORED

Gas prices coming down quickly

Venturous Randy

You right about the time that fuel prices stopped escalating, but I was listening to a speaker about the oil being pumped in Alaska and some of it is actually being sold on the world market. The amount is mandated by the government, but my question is why are we selling any, and what good is drilling for more if we can't consume everything we're producing now. Maybe?? it's that we don't have enough refineries to process what crude we're making, and any more production would be sold elsewhere, and wouldn't really benefit the american people, but the government??? Just rambling.... :backinmyday: Glad to see the prices going down.
One possible reason for selling some oil is that some refinery's are not capable of processing some of the heavy oil. I have heard that Japanese refinery's can process very heavy oils. The price of a barrel of oil you see is for light sweet crude ( sweet meaning the absence of h2s gas) h2s is a very deadly gas existing in some oil.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paid $2.59 in Bonham TX this morn. It's been running about 15 cents cheaper in Sherman TX than Bonham and 25 cents cheaper than Dallas for the last month. Sherman is about 30 miles north of Dallas and 40 miles west of Bonham. Don't know why the gas there is so much cheaper.

I just don't understand why we just don't take it like we did years ago.

They will take from us as much as they can get for as long as they want and when they want more, they will take more....

...one person's wish is another's lament, EH?

I remember most of the "takers" in my life...years ago too...the first one I met in the sand box when I was 5 years old, he took my tonka truck, lucky for me his mother made him give it back to me the next day. But there are many others who came to take what I had who didn't have that kind of a mother's influence, I suppose. Like the guy who took my birthday present when I was 8 years old, a brand new racing green Panther banana seat monkey bar bicycle, and like the guy who took my tennis racquet in Grade 8, and like the guy who took my winter coat in high school, and like the guy who took my new Bell full face helmet at the Mosport bike races, and the guy who broke into my garage to take my 1982 Honda 450, and like the guy who broke into my van to take my laptop, and like the guy who apparently needed everything in my van so he just decided to take the whole vehicle. He got away with it so he must have told a few other guys who liked to take because that van got taken a couple of more times. Yup, taking is a great method of obtaining what you don't have from people who have it.

Whahey ! Petrol's down below £1 per litre at the big supermarkets - that's only $9 per gallon.

LPG pollutes less in towns and is cheaper (across Europe - someone said it's not available on your side of the Atlantic) and seems more honest than these silly electrical vehicles where you just get the pollution produced somewhere else, but diesel is well worth a look at - cars and small vans are cheaper to run than motorcycles on a run nowadays and performance is pretty good.

Over here LPG conversions for bikes are now possible and becoming more common. Diesel bikes aren't a reality yet, though.

According to my calculations, we're now at $4.50/US gal ($1.19/litre) ... that's a drop of about 97 cents/US gal since summer prices of around $1.445/litre

According to recent info, gas prices in Ontario are below $1 / litre and they say we out west pay so much more because of a lack of bulk storage and refining facilities. That's such B/S when the stuff comes out of the ground in both western provinces. Taxes, taxes, and more taxes!! Free Trade??? Democracy??? Competition??? all B/S! They will take from us as much as they can get for as long as they want and when they want more, they will take more.... the longer they can keep us in the poor house, the longer they have control over us and the poorer we are, the more control they have.

well, that's my rant for today

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

We are sitting around $1.05-$1.07 today.....but overall well said SilverT..

It depends geographically where your located as to what line of BS THEY CHOOSE TO USE...

Geeze...what would it have been like over the past 90 years if the gov't was in charge of the oil/gas/diesel...???

If we are consuming soooo much of this oil, where is the proof that we are going to run out..? perhaps being known as a non-renewable fuel just adds to the value of it.. Was there really enough fossils to be crushed into all this oil we have consumed over the past 100 years..?? :think::think::think: :shock3::shock3: :confused07::confused07:

Fort collins at UPump it (cheapest anywhere, cash or check) is now $3.21 for midgrade. Loveland, Longmont, Lyons are the same. Let's hope it continues to drop. Off in a few to the Mt. County roads, mid 50's, ca 7 mph wind, sunny blue skies. Of course, winter dress! Stay up all!

Jack AKA

Zfrebird

DePreach:Venture:

• 2 weeks later...

I know nobody wants to talk about negativity, but it's all over the country nowadays. Yes, the gas coming down is nice, but with what happened to me (and this is the second time now) is me losing my a** in the stock market which is worse than the gas. Every corner we turn nowadays is all about money. So like everybody else's dream, seems like the only way out is to hit it big gambling, or hitting the lotto etc. But everything will be all right, one or the other running for president will pull us out of this. I hope that statement didn't make anybody sick.:confused24::whistling:Just my :2cents: worth.:o

never was a gambler and only played with the stock market one time. i kind of am a believer in assets i can put my hands on like motorcycles and gold. got the bikes but not the gold. was going to run on the bank a couple of weeks ago, but i may need that $300.00 down the road. may invest in one of those rare new v-maxes. how can a guy lose on a deal like that. think what it will be worth in 100 years. :rotf::rotf::rotfl::rotf::depressed:

Down to $2.19 here in my area. And diesel for my truck is $2.94. By the time I drive it again it'll probably be back up to $5.

Last night while traveling around Cincinnati The cheapest I seen was 2.06. Hoping it gets to 1.99 by Sunday so that I can celebrate.

Dick

Here in S.E. Michigan we're seeing gas prices just under 2.50. I topped off the car yesterday at 2.48. Not sure just how low or long these prices will go or last but I'll enjoy it as long as possible. I do think once the economy settles we'll see prices going up once again. Hope it won't be too much.

Larry

Gas here in NW Tennessee today was $2.32. It's come down alot here and hope it keeps coming down. In June, when we went to Maintenance Day at Freebird's, we paid over $4 at some places.

We hope it keeps coming down because Pat (my other half) is being transferred to another office 35 miles (one way) from home next month. A little bit farther than the 10 she currently drives.

Hopefully the gas stays down and the stocks go up...not likely, but I can dream can't I?:innocent-emoticon:

wow whens the last time you saw fuel around $2........we have 2.09 in the area about 15 miles south of us......

good reason to take a drive in the cage today and fill up

I saw $2.09 today just north of the Twin Cities. Near my house it's $2.29.