IGNORED

Shoulda let off the throttle sooner

BuddyRich

No helmet, lucky he didn't mash his mellon on that beast.

From time to time I have looked at electric vehicles. The technology is there now that would cover my commute but the price stinks. I had looked at some of the stories on that bike on the net. It is very impressive. Would be a neat simple to maintain toy to have fun on the drag strip with. :mo money:

Jerry

Guest ezornes

Harley has purchased the patents for the killacycle, but they're R&D dept. has added a

few special touches, 1. considerable oil leaks, but now its oil filled with pvc's like the old transformers, and 2. they installed a huge vibrator in it so the whole bike shakes

all its own bolts apart. 3. they have definately slowed it down to HD speeds, which are much less than normal bikes. 4. last but not least, they are trying to figure out how to

cover the entire bike with leather.

:322: P.S. someone said something about a government employee in the earlier post to this article, as I was reminded by a moderator they have children too. and maybe they have to feed them also....:bighug:

There are a lot of electric bikes out there now. From scooters to crotch rockets. Whether any of us like it or not, that is going to be the future. Once they get the range of them increased then we will see them everywhere.e Power and torque has never been a problem. From zero to full blast is not very difficult with an electric motor.

Didn't much care for the sound of the mufflers,,, guess Harley will never build one,,,,,,,,,,,,now if it had a CD player????????????

If Yamaha were to buy the rights, they could put a cassette deck in it!!! :rotfl:

Guest Ken8143

Wow - what a burn out - pretty impressive except for bad end - why a burnout at that location???

I wonder if Don is right - can this be the future?

What I'm wondering is what the controls for the bike must be like. We all know that for our bikes we have two brake controls and a clutch which could be used to prevent such a stupid mistake. But on an electric motorcycle such as this, there is no need to have an engine running prior to the throttle being advanced. Twist the throttle, the electricity hits the motor and off you go. I don't know if this bike has a clutch mechanism to completely disengage the motor from the drive train or not, but if not, I'll bet someone's wishing it had one for sure now. And I'm willing to wager that the driver was hitting the brakes for all it was worth. But if there's no clutch, the motor's already spinning. That's internal momentum that's got to be stopped fast.

What I'm wondering is what the controls for the bike must be like. We all know that for our bikes we have two brake controls and a clutch which could be used to prevent such a stupid mistake. But on an electric motorcycle such as this, there is no need to have an engine running prior to the throttle being advanced. Twist the throttle, the electricity hits the motor and off you go. I don't know if this bike has a clutch mechanism to completely disengage the motor from the drive train or not, but if not, I'll bet someone's wishing it had one for sure now. And I'm willing to wager that the driver was hitting the brakes for all it was worth. But if there's no clutch, the motor's already spinning. That's internal momentum that's got to be stopped fast.

You forgot to mention the 'on/off' switch!