IGNORED

question

wild hair 39

When I took the Black Beast for a test ride I waited while the service manager put the battery on and fired it up. My wife and I climbed on and we rode her out of the shop for the shakedown run. The old gal is now 4 1/2 years old, has 58,000 miles on her and is still going strong. I hope to get another 60K without any trouble.:thumbsup2:

Edited by Steve S

I bought a Goldwing in Aug of 78 brand new by aug of 79 I had close to 60,000 miles on it. I got out of the Army in Nov 78 and finally made it home to CA in June of 79. When I sold the bike in June of 2002 it had close to 300,000 miles and still was a runner. Living in Ca I rode all year long so didnt even own a car till I got married in 85, so the goldwing was my only transportation. I bought my 99RSV in april of 05 with 10,000 miles on it and it now has 37,000 so thats 27,000 in a little of 3 yrs with 10 months of not riding at all cause of my accident in the summer of 06. So if I keep riding the way I am this bike could make 300,000 before its time for me to stop riding:cool10:

John

Bought mine new in 05 right off the showroom floor, zero miles / never been rode...

It has 58k on it right now, runs like a top, and I plan to see it turn over 100k before I get another one..

By that time I should have a couple more grand in asscssories added too...:rotf:

Just hope Yamaha doesnt come out with an 1800 or 2000 cc before then......:whistling:

Last and only new bike I ever owned was a 1977 Harley-Davidson XLCH Sportster... It was the last year of the kickers and I only had it 2 years and traded it for a 1974 FLH Police Special.... I probably only put 15K on the Sporty.

My 03 RSV I bought in 05 with 10K miles and should have 100,000 next year... I got 72K so far.

Hey lowell you thinking of buying a new Voyager... I could see you on that..

Edited by MAINEAC
Typos

Guest BluesLover

I bought my 06 RSV brand new and it will have over 80,000 kms on it (about 50,000 miles) by the time it gets packed away for the winter - likely to be in mid-November.

I can't see myself getting rid of it (although that new Kawi tourer sure looks nice) within the next couple of years, so I ought to be able to keep her well into the 100,000+ mile range.

Mind you, the 99 Virago and the 84 Shadow are nowhere near that kind of mileage ...

Cheers,

Back in the early days I was completely wearing out one brand new MX bike a year - literally every nut bolt and washer was destroyed at the end of the year... Unfortunatly the DT Yamahas that I converted to race had the speedos removed and when Honda came out with the Elsinore CR250M it was the REAL DEAL --- its front end never touched the ground anyway...

I did purchase several new bikes other then my dirt scoots back then but none of them made the 100000 mark before I swapped them out.. THEN I won a 1978 Harley Low Rider in a Raffle.. IT WAS GORGEOUS and probably my favorite street bike.. I rode it until my first child was born in 1981 - sold it to build on to our home.. I had put 138,000 miles on it in 3 years - made MANY cross country trips on it and spent TONS of hours touring the desert..

Picked up my 84 VR in 84 and retired it at just under 200000 miles.. It was/is just as wore out as my MX bikes used to get - way to much two-tracking out west with the kids on the back I guess.. I am currently using lots of parts off it on the 83 Venture Standard I am riding now - by the way I just got from a 7000 miler on the old gal - did great - NO problems at all!!

What would I buy if I could afford it and just ride all the time and add up miles????If I were concerned with MPG - a new Beemer... If not,,,,,, I would build a new V-Twin Chopper to MY specs.... :12101:

Puc