IGNORED

7JuRock lower wind deflectors

I'd say you can't go wrong for that price. They won't be curved like the OEM ones I wouldn't think?

What was the shipping charges like ?

Keith

I ordered the smoke ones, so $10 extra each for a total of $60.00 for two. Shipping is about $40, so in the end a $100 proposition. The penalty we pay for being out in the east. :bang head:

On the curved issue, not sure why you are saying that as the originals on my scoot are flat, not curved.:confused24: These are the deflectors that attach to the front forks, not the lower deflectors that attach to the crash bar if those are the ones you are referring to.

Ok, well not getting any answer, took a risk and ordered a set this morning.....we will find out how they are on our own......:whistling:

:322:

Let us know how they turn out. I have a friend with a 2004 who needs a set. PO had taken them off on him. It says they come with mounting hardware, let us know what you get with that.

:080402gudl_prv:

Thanks. Dave.

Tooch

You miss read the add on that web site it clearly says NO hardware is supplied. See copy paste below from the web site.

My questionn was if is the price listed for the pair or for one each, I did not see where it said, and because the show a pair in the add I "assumed" :no-no-no: the pricing was for the pair.

Note: No mounting hardware, mounting brackets, mounting kits and/or any accessories (required for installation) will be included with the purchase of our Replacement Wind Deflectors.

Bert I assume you already had mounting hardware. Where did you buy that?

Roger

Hi Roger,

What I am replacing are the small plexi defectors that are on the front forks and directly below the driving lamps. The bike comes with these as original equipment. The PO scratched the defectors to hell, so I am replacing with new ones. Will use existing hardware. :322:

Well, it was a slow start from the supplier. :mad: They only shipped them out yesterday-one week since order placed. I suspect they make them only when ordered or they have a realy slow process to send stuff out. Should be here in a week if they dont get delayed at customs. Will let you know....

Hi Roger,

What I am replacing are the small plexi defectors that are on the front forks and directly below the driving lamps. The bike comes with these as original equipment. The PO scratched the defectors to hell, so I am replacing with new ones. Will use existing hardware. :322:

Bert,

If'n you aren't going to using the scratched ones, I would take them off your hands. My ride hasn't had a bath in a couple of years and a few scratches aren't going to stand out. However, on cooler days, a set of wind deflectors would be really nice. I have brackets and can get the mounting hardware from the local hardware store.

Let me know if you would be interested in parting with the old ones (assuming the new ones are nice). Thanks.

RR

Well, it was a slow start from the supplier. :mad: They only shipped them out yesterday-one week since order placed. I suspect they make them only when ordered or they have a realy slow process to send stuff out. Should be here in a week if they dont get delayed at customs. Will let you know....

Says right on the ordering page:

REPLACEMENT LOWER WIND DEFLECTORS

7Jurock offers replacement Lower Wind Deflectors for YAMAHA ROYAL STAR VENTURE 1999-UP Models. Lowers really help to reduce the wind by directing it around you farther out and farther back. Handcrafted from 0.187 (3/16") thick cast military aircraft grade acrylic. Available in clear and Light Gray. Lowers are manufactured to order. Edges are hand ground and polished.

Bert,

If'n you aren't going to using the scratched ones, I would take them off your hands. My ride hasn't had a bath in a couple of years and a few scratches aren't going to stand out. However, on cooler days, a set of wind deflectors would be really nice. I have brackets and can get the mounting hardware from the local hardware store.

Let me know if you would be interested in parting with the old ones (assuming the new ones are nice). Thanks.

RR

RedRider

I think I will hang on to them. Will try to get the scratches polished out and would keep them as spares. Sorry...:322:

Well they finally arrived yesterday, was a two week process, one week for them to ship out and another week for shipping. No hangups at customs or any brokerage fees so that was good.

They came shipped in bubble wrap mailing envelope and then each one was individually wrapped. The quality seems to be excellent. They have completelly replicated the pattern as well as the curve of the originals. :clap2:

Only gripe would be that the screw holes are a bit off, but it is hardly noticable. Would certainly recommend them.

Cost was $60 for 2 sets and $31 for shipping.

Install tooks about 20 min and as I did not have locktight I used GOOP instead so nut would not come loose.

Nice to be able to remove the scratched ones.:cool10:

Edited by Bert2006

They look good. I hope you checked the brackets very closely. They are known to crack at the top and fall off. Many have lost them because of that issue. I almost think it's a matter of WHEN it will happen...not IF it will happen. That is why I really recommend the Diamond R stainless brackets.

They look good. I hope you checked the brackets very closely. They are known to crack at the top and fall off. Many have lost them because of that issue. I almost think it's a matter of WHEN it will happen...not IF it will happen. That is why I really recommend the Diamond R stainless brackets.

Thanks for the advice Freebird, will take a look tonight to make sure.:322:

I glued a small rubber tip on the bottom of the deflector. Between it and the strut. My hope is that the rubber will reduce the flexing and stress on the bracket. These little rubber tips are available at the hardware store.

Mike