IGNORED

Decision soon

FROG MAN

This 86 has 97K on it but runs fair. It needs lots of tlc,steering head bearings,new rear tire, seat repair,etc. It pulls strong into the triple digits no slippage of clutch and brakes are good.All or part of it have to go.In the next 30 days I'm going to decide what to do with it.

1. sell it outright

2. part it out

3. partial part it out. lighten it up significantly and see what a rat venture looks like.I have a 89 engine with only 15k on it. I could install it just to see how it runs. This 86 still sounds good with 97K.

4. Buy some duct tape and run it.

I bought this one last spring to part out. My brother wanted to try it out so he licensed it and rode it some last summer. He decided he was to short for it and has a problem with crossing my creek.Not many know how to surf on a first gen.

Any ideas on what to do with it? No input from REDNECK either.:rotf::rotf::rotf:

If you part it out I would be interested in the Chrome fender trim and flap for the front fender. I would also be interested in the drivers boards and backrest but I see I am a little late on those 2 pieces as someone beat me to asking about them.

Let me know,

Paul

This 86 has 97K on it but runs fair. It needs lots of tlc,steering head bearings,new rear tire, seat repair,etc. It pulls strong into the triple digits no slippage of clutch and brakes are good.All or part of it have to go.In the next 30 days I'm going to decide what to do with it.

1. sell it outright

2. part it out

3. partial part it out. lighten it up significantly and see what a rat venture looks like.I have a 89 engine with only 15k on it. I could install it just to see how it runs. This 86 still sounds good with 97K.

4. Buy some duct tape and run it.

I bought this one last spring to part out. My brother wanted to try it out so he licensed it and rode it some last summer. He decided he was to short for it and has a problem with crossing my creek.Not many know how to surf on a first gen.

Any ideas on what to do with it? No input from REDNECK either.:rotf::rotf::rotf:

I LOVE THAT COLOR. THAT'S THE ONLY 1ST GEN I HAVE EVER SAW THAT I WANT IN MY GARAGE. I SAY YOU SHOULD FIX IT ALL UP AND GIVE IT TO ME. WHO KNOWS MAYBE YOU WILL TOTALLY CONVERT ME TO THE NOT-SO-BRIGHT 1ST GEN SIDE :stirthepot::rotf::rasberry:

Brad $500 for a pink bike is that a hint that Lonna wants her own scoot or are you gonna ride a Pink bike?

Jeff

Maybe he is going to give it to Calamari, for him to ride. Just hopefully Calamari's skirt won't slide up, when he is on the scoot....

:stirthepot::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Hey Froggy ....

part it out partially and give the Rest a real second Life ....

just as an Inspiration ....

That is a very interesting machine.

Gerald, Here's something to think about. The paint scheme isn't OEM. Non OEM plastic doesn't bring anywhere near what a clean piece with factory paint will bring on Ebay. And that's where most of the value is on a VR. Nobody wants to buy one piece and go thru the hastle of painting to match what they already have. Part it out and you're going to have a garage full of bits and pieces for a long time...... Sell it complete and be done with it. Sorry guys, I had to say it....