Early this morning, took my son Tye to Fort Lewis, WA to deploy with his Army SF team. They are in the air now via Commericial Airline and so in about 2 or 3 days he will arrive in Afgan.

Yesterday Tye and I talked about the Ducati he wants to get when he returns. He likes the Green one but probably will get the red one. I suggested that he get one like the yellow one. Any bit of plastic helps the battle against the forces of Mother Nature. Plus a bit easier on the cleaning. Need I mentioned that his old Dad needs some wind protection. I tool him that the power band of the 1000cc one would be such a ride. I may have to toss in some $s to persuade him to get the larger cc.

I've add some pictures so to help put a face to.

He is to join the other half of his team already there. He said that the team's Taliban body count has already past the 300 mark for 2012

I reinforced to him that there is nothing back home with family for Friends issues that needs his attention for most of it is all 1st World problems compared to what he will be dealing with.

The picture of the See No Evil , Speak No Evil and Hear No Evil, well that was in my Hospital recover room from my 4 Way By Pass Operation. He said way to go Dad, Great timing. He got to come home from his 3rd Afgan tour for a week. It cost him a pretty penny for air fare but the break was nice.

Gave him a hand shake and a hug and said Good Hunting and God Speed with a Safe and Quick Return.

Nice family, beautiful pictures. God speed to your son, and I will always have these thoughts and pictures that you have mentioned, we will remember you and yours and the whole team out there taking care of our freedom and helping those don't seem to be able to help themselves. May you all have a happy ending to the beginning of this thread.

Fuzzy

PS; Don't like any of the motorcycles pictured, but if I did, I would go with the red one.:2cents:

You've got quite a handsome son and a beautiful family there BRIAN. My thanks to your son and his beautiful bride for his years of service to our Nation, and my prayers for his safe and speedy return.:thumbsup2:

Good on him! My youngest flew back out after his 2 week R&R this last Monday. He had to layover in Germany for like 20 hours or so, because Obama was on his way back from Afghan, and had the airports tied up. He's back safe on the ground with his big brother now. The sand storms have really kicked up & gotten bad now, & it's getting really hot. Hopefully, they will be done and back home by mid-august.