IGNORED

Dave Zipcode went down today

pktexas

Yeah the pictures did look like it was a puncture. When you do take the tire off, look inside to see if there is anything inside there. We are glad to hear that you are allright Zipcode. We know that Roxie and you will be up riding the wind SOON!

Hal n Val :cool10::322:

Guest tx2sturgis

Glad your ok after that unscheduled get-off, Dave!

Looks like a piece of steel, maybe a stray chunk of angle-iron or maybe some type of metal bracket punctured the tire.

They loose pressure in just a couple seconds and the bike gets VERY squirrelly at that point.

Its a lot like a blow-out...not good.

Heal up soon and hit those 80 mph Texas roads again!

I thought it was mentioned, but looking back I see it wasn't. A mile or five back up the road we went through a construction zone. At least lanes were closed. It is very possible that some debris was waiting to leap at my tire. I think I need another Gremlin Bell!

I am feeling pretty good today. Watching Saturday Night Live last night was very painful. Laughing hard is incompatible with hurt ribs. "Laughed until I cried" has a whole new meaning for me! :rotfl:

Thank you everyone for your well wishes!

Dave

Don't know when you are coming to fix Roxie but I should be home Friday evening. If you take the tire off we will find a place to get it put on Saturday. Don't rush it as she is safe and no problem in the garage.

Don't know when you are coming to fix Roxie but I should be home Friday evening. If you take the tire off we will find a place to get it put on Saturday. Don't rush it as she is safe and no problem in the garage.

Thanks Tom. Perry has offered to come with me, and trailer her back to Kreg's where we can change the tire. We're kinda waiting on schedules and whether I feel up to the trip. I expect I will.

Thank you for your hospitality!

Dave

From what I see in the photos it looks like he picked up a nail/screw.

Were you using Ride-On????

I wonder if Ride-On would have stopped that flat. Not exactly center line but very close to where Ride-On should be running. Maybe/maybe not. Pretty large gash.

I'm about to add it to my tires. Got 3 bottles waiting on me to git r dun.

Glad you're ok Dave!!

of people who are thankful you are okay...we don't need anymore of us getting badly hurt. You know, I have been on the fence about changing over to the run-flat car tire...your experienced, I believe, has moved me to the "going to do it" side of that fence. Take care, heal well.

:thumbsup2:

Many thanks to Pktexas for driving me out to Tom's to collect Roxie yesterday. We left around 10AM and got home around 10PM after dropping her off at Kreggerdoodle's. That's a long day when feeling achy. I've felt better after an ironbutt!

I really appreciate the support and friendship I've found as a result of this website. I've lost track of the number of times I've been amazed and gratified at the honest-to-goodness brotherhood I've personally experienced. I know I didn't really drop her, but I'm making the $5 donation just because this website made these friendships possible.

Thanks again Perry, Kreg, Tom. Love you guys.

Dave