IGNORED

What kind of vacuum do you have?

SilvrT

That really sucks......:think::whistling:

But on the other hand, since I design commercial carpet cleaning equipment for a living, I know way to much about cleaning carpet to get a Dyson.

So... what vacuum does someone who knows about carpet cleaning recommend?

So... what vacuum does someone who knows about carpet cleaning recommend?

We test everything new that comes on the market to see how it compares to what we make.

The 2 best brands right now for actual cleaning are Erika and Hoover.

At home I have a 30+ year old canister vacuum cleaner, the company is long out of business but it still works better than any modern vacuum. If you put the end of the hose on your arm it will leave an instant bruise from the suction.

It is my understanding of what really makes a vacuum cleaner work and then seeing the Dyson commercials that always make me laugh.

Of course there is nothing available on the retail home market that can even come close to the power and cleaning ability of a commercial unit. Most homeowners will not spend $4-8K on a machine to clean their carpet.

The 2 best brands right now for actual cleaning are Erika and Hoover.

We bought one of these last year and really like it...

Hoover Platinum Collection™ Cyclonic Bagless Canister

http://hoover.com/products/details/s3865/platinum-collection-cyclonic-bagless-canister/

... but it does't seem to work the way the Dyson in my original post does .... but that's no problem coz it's not needed to in my house :cool10:

Me and my Girlfriend somehow fail to see the humor in the video.........

She just went for groceries....so I watched the video again and again then some more. I saw its a LG KOMPRESSOR PLUS!!!!!

Silvrt and Cougar correct me if I'm wrong....but you might want to trade in the Dysons. Please post if you see the model number of the LG.....

I'm interested in one!

Fred

Please post if you see the model number of the LG.....

I'm interested in one!

Fred

Fred.... if you pause it at frame 10 and then switch to full screen, 1080HD, you'll see that the wand has an arrow on it with the words.... "look here" ... then back up to frame 2 and zoom in closer.... you can readilly see that the model number is 36-24-36

Fred.... if you pause it at frame 10 and then switch to full screen, 1080HD, you'll see that the wand has an arrow on it with the words.... "look here" ... then back up to frame 2 and zoom in closer.... you can readilly see that the model number is 36-24-36

Thanks SilvrT.......I can't figger how I missed the model number...after watching the video at least a dozen times.:think:

Pickinfred,

You watched it a dozen times???????????

I watched it once and hope to regain my sight by morning.:whistling:

Steve

Steve the trick is cutting/welding glasses....I always use a shade 4 while watching videos on this site....if the video is posted by SilvrT, I use a shade 6 the first time.... just sayin.

I was humbled to ask for the model number especially after a dozen viewings and humiliated after watching another 10 times and still didn't see the numbers posted by SilvrT. I did see a lot of interesting thingamajiggers but failed to see them there numbers..... I'm kinda thinking..."Set Up"

Just imagine watching me walk up to the manager of Super Suckers R Us and ask for a 36-24-36 L G Kompressor Plus....and after a long pause.....I say ... you know the Vac that will make the Misses look younger and smaller.

I may have been born yesterday..but..it wasn't late last night.

Fred

to tell you how my mind works, when I saw the guy sneaking up with the vacuum, I thought he was going to snatch her bikini away....

You and I think the same....:rotfl::rotfl:

This is sure a good video...amazing how everyone see things differently. Cougar saw the vac as a Dyson....I honestly think SilvrT doesn't remember what he saw...somehow he saw those numbers before he saw the vac.

Personally...I saw she had already been there.....I mean being plumbed to the vac and all....I did not see the guy sneeking up on the girl with the vac....soooo...RandyR and friesman would you care to elaborate.....what did you see....the girl with the camera or what??

Fred

We test everything new that comes on the market to see how it compares to what we make.

It is my understanding of what really makes a vacuum cleaner work and then seeing the Dyson commercials that always make me laugh.

Our 15 yo Kenmore canister crapped recently and I replaced it with a Dyson canister, no goofy ball thing on these. So far she loves it. It's light weight, the suction is amazing and it seems to pick up everything well. The wand and all connection are plastic, could be a long term issue but everything clicks together easily. For some reason the wand seems to attract dust on the outside towards the head. Theres a few other things I don't like about it like the no bag thing which makes a nice mess when you empty it but otherwise it seems to be ok. With a 5 year end to end warranty and the performance so far we think we'll keep it but why should I be concerned about Dyson?