IGNORED

To our Canadian Members

E-Fishin-C

I received this info and thought it important enough to share with everyone.

Thought this was good info from the Gov't of Canada ...if you have a cell phone.

REMEMBER: Cell Phone Numbers Go Public this month.

REMINDER..... all cell phone numbers are being released to

telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls.

.... YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS!!

To prevent this, go to the following web-site for Canadian Telephone Numbers:

www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca

It is the National DO NOT CALL list It will only take a minute of your

time.. It blocks your number for five (5) years.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON .. It takes about 20 seconds.

If you do not have a cell phone, send this email to your friends and

family who have a cell and may not know about this recent event.

WHY does the CRTC page come up in FRENCH first?

I've seen this with other Canadian sites as well. ENGLISH is our FIRST language and not only that, it is the INTERNATIONAL language.

This really P***es me off!

oh... btw, thanks for posting that.:thumbsup2:

I've seen this with other Canadian sites as well. ENGLISH is our FIRST language and not only that, it is the INTERNATIONAL language. ENGLISH is our FIRST language and not only that, it is the INTERNATIONAL language.

ENGLISH is our FIRST language and not only that, it is the INTERNATIONAL language.

OURS TOO!! We don't need spanglish

OK back to the corner!!! Sorry Charlie... That is good info!!

There is no such thing as a national directory of cell phone numbers and nothing is going public. This is a false story started around 2005 (I've received it two or three times in the last few years) in the U.S. and has been spreading to other countries. Just check with Snopes.com, which is what I always do before forwarding any such stories (Free computer give away's, poisonous light bulbs, etc.)

Oh...and there's a little problem with the "Do not call list" in Canada (May also apply to the U.S.). We got on the list about a year and a half ago and started getting more calls instead of fewer calls. So...I did a little checking. It turns out that any telemarketing company in any country can ask for the list, but only Canadian companies have to adhere to it. That means that a telemarketing company in a foreign country can get the list and then have all those nice numbers to call since they are not legally bound to obey that rule.

Andy

I've seen this with other Canadian sites as well. ENGLISH is our FIRST language and not only that, it is the INTERNATIONAL language.

Because the same people who think it is better to spoil our children, then to teach them respect and discipline, also run our country. Think about this Quebec has fewer patients per Doctor and Nurse then Ontario, because Ontario pays for it, while Ontario health care continues to decline. All to keep a bunch of whiners happy.

Oh...and there's a little problem with the "Do not call list" in Canada (May also apply to the U.S.). We got on the list about a year and a half ago and started getting more calls instead of fewer calls. So...I did a little checking. It turns out that any telemarketing company in any country can ask for the list, but only Canadian companies have to adhere to it. That means that a telemarketing company in a foreign country can get the list and then have all those nice numbers to call since they are not legally bound to obey that rule.

Andy

Hmmmmmm....so now those foreign (or Canadian telemarketers with call centers out of Canada) will have your cell number too in case you are not home. Smart.They probably the ones that started this letter.:scared:

Also, the DNC list does not apply to charities. So you might not get calls from window salesmen or long distance providers...but you'll still get calls from every charity doing telemarketing.

What bugs me is the calls from my bank, cell phone provider, or just about any company I"ve ever done business with to "check the quality of our service" and offer upgrades to their service while they are at it.

We have call display that even shows up on the TV ... if it's a number we don't recognize or it's not from someone we know, we don't even bother getting up off the couch .... just keep on watching whatever program is on. Dang!!... gotta love technology!

The DNC service does not apply to charities, political parties or to any company that has previously called you. It only blocks new telemarketers. I simply do not answer the phone, all calls go to the answering machine. If by mistake I do answer because I am expecting a call at that time I just say "Just a minute" then put the phone on the table and walk away. I hang up later.

The DNC service does not apply to charities, political parties or to any company that has previously called you. It only blocks new telemarketers. I simply do not answer the phone, all calls go to the answering machine. If by mistake I do answer because I am expecting a call at that time I just say "Just a minute" then put the phone on the table and walk away. I hang up later.

heh ... I called you once and you did that ... sure wish I'd recorded what I heard in the background ... :rotfl: :rotf: :stickpoke:

I could be wrong but I don't think that is exactly right. I think it is charities, politicians and people that you have done business with over the past so many months. Not folks that have called you before.

I've been on the DNC list since it started in the USA. I think that was close to 10 years ago. I have to say that it has GREATLY reduced the number of calls that I get. When I DO get one, I absolutely go straight to the DNC site and report them.

I could be wrong but I don't think that is exactly right. I think it is charities, politicians and people that you have done business with over the past so many months. Not folks that have called you before.

I've been on the DNC list since it started in the USA. I think that was close to 10 years ago. I have to say that it has GREATLY reduced the number of calls that I get. When I DO get one, I absolutely go straight to the DNC site and report them.

Same here, also if you did get a call, instead of hanging up, just let them know you want to be put on their do not call list. They are required by law to provide you with this option and to honour it.

It seems to me also that Bell Canada not so very long ago received a major fine for ignoring the do not call list. Since then I have not received any calls from them.