IGNORED

Stupid ^$%^# Bikers

CaptainJoe

Do you ever wonder why cagers precieve us as the enemy and vice versa?

Saw some real loosers today on my way baack from Minonk, Il.

One was within a foot of my motorcycle trailer bumper, on the left, going 74 mph, in the left lane with both lanes full and backed up. Guess he was trying to show me he was there and really really really wanted to pass...Stupid moron... all it would have taken was for me to take my foot off of the accelerator and he'd of crashed, burned and gotten run over like a deer... made me nervous as heck just waiting for someone in front of me to tap their brakes to start the event in motion... MORON!

While we're on the subject of morons... guess who i saw riding a wheelie down Ohio Interstate 35? You guessed it ... a moron on a Green crotch rocket, looked to be about my age and was going about 55-60, without so much as even a helmet on his egg shaped head...

Where do these idiots come from?

Rant off...:confused24:

Time for a beer...

Coming back from Vogel, I was riding in the left lane passing an 18 wheeler when a moron on a crotch rocket split my lane between us and the 18 wheeler at probably 95+mph and then still in the left lane pass kbran on his right, just as Kenny was moving to the right lane. Had he and Kenny collided it would have taken ALL of us down, in front of the 18 wheeler.

Yes, given the opportunity, I would love to have a "wall to wall" talk with that MORON!!!!

My wife and I were riding through town six lane road 50 MPH speed limit I was in the center lane cars were on either side of me when this idiot on a sport bike passes me on the right in my lane going at least 90, he was in my rear view and a split second later past me, his shirt or his elbow actually brushed me and my wife. If I had been a hair slower reacting and the car to my left had not reacted too giving me some room the insane person on the sport bike would have slammed right into us. There was another bike with him and he passed the car to my right on the shoulder. I had never wished a LEO was around in my life and he was long gone so I could not get his plate number. No wonder cagers hate us around here.

A good portion of this is because of the internet and mainly You-Tube. One person posts wild vid of wheelies on public roads, or a long vid of wild driving in traffic at high speed, and EVERYONE thinks they are a pro.

No police around much anymore, and it seems never when you need them. I know the vast majority are doing as much as they can or are allowed by their bosses, and state/county/city funds, but still, I wish for more of them instead of fewer these days.

Do you ever wonder why cagers precieve us as the enemy and vice versa?

Saw some real loosers today on my way baack from Minonk, Il.

One was within a foot of my motorcycle trailer bumper, on the left, going 74 mph, in the left lane with both lanes full and backed up. Guess he was trying to show me he was there and really really really wanted to pass...Stupid moron... all it would have taken was for me to take my foot off of the accelerator and he'd of crashed, burned and gotten run over like a deer... made me nervous as heck just waiting for someone in front of me to tap their brakes to start the event in motion... MORON!

While we're on the subject of morons... guess who i saw riding a wheelie down Ohio Interstate 35? You guessed it ... a moron on a Green crotch rocket, looked to be about my age and was going about 55-60, without so much as even a helmet on his egg shaped head...

Where do these idiots come from?

Rant off...:confused24:

Time for a beer...

Wish I had known you were in Minonk today I live about 20 minutes from there, You could have bought me lunch:beer:. Also Ohio Interstate 35? Iam not familiar with an I-35 in Ohio. Doesn't it rum from MN to South texas

Rick Hayward

"Wish I had known you were in Minonk today I live about 20 minutes from there, You could have bought me lunch:beer:. Also Ohio Interstate 35? Iam not familiar with an I-35 in Ohio. Doesn't it rum from MN to South texas"

Lunch would have been great but I was on a tight schedule. Left at 5:30 in the morning to pick up my 2000 2500 4x4 truck that blew up on way back from Cody International. Uptrings in Minonk did the work and I wish to extend a Hats off to Greg and Terry. They put in a new Gm motor along with water pump, thermostat, belt tensioner , plugs, wires, catalytic converters, clutch pressure plate and throw out bearing... $6300.00 in all, but I looked this morning no leaks, no check engine light, I'm a happy camper. The truck was 11 years old with 65000 miles. Mechanic said it started with coolant leak into one of the cylinder s that caused it to dump unburnt fuel into the cats therby causing the engine to overheat... Oh well 6300 is better that +30,000 for a new one

I-35?, my mistake,

Ohio "fully controlled access 35" is actually 1 step below interstate? hum..., it runs diagonally from Dayton to Gallipolis.

Was a very good road for a bike and it helped me avoid the Columbus Ohio crowd...

Edited by CaptainJoe

Rick Hayward

"Wish I had known you were in Minonk today I live about 20 minutes from there, You could have bought me lunch:beer:. Also Ohio Interstate 35? Iam not familiar with an I-35 in Ohio. Doesn't it rum from MN to South texas"

Lunch would have been great but I was on a tight schedule. Left at 5:30 in the morning to pick up my 2000 2500 4x4 truck that blew up on way back from Cody International. Uptrings in Minonk did the work and I wish to extend a Hats off to Greg and Terry. They put in a new Gm motor along with water pump, thermostat, belt tensioner , plugs, wires, catalytic converters, clutch pressure plate and throw out bearing... $6300.00 in all, but I looked this morning no leaks, no check engine light, I'm a happy camper. The truck was 11 years old with 65000 miles. Mechanic said it started with coolant leak into one of the cylinder s that caused it to dump unburnt fuel into the cats therby causing the engine to overheat... Oh well 6300 is better that +30,000 for a new one

I-35?, my mistake,

Ohio "fully controlled access 35" is actually 1 step below interstate? hum..., it runs diagonally from Daytona to Gallipolis.

Was a very good road for a bike and it helped me avoid the Columbus Ohio crowd...

Well-l-l-l, now I'm confused. Where in the heck is Daytona, Ohio??? Or do you mean it runs from Florida into Ohio?

Guest tx2sturgis

This thread is misnamed....you are talking about 'squids'...not bikers...

Here is one definition I found:

Squid - Acronym, SQUirrely kID. 1. In reference to younger MC riders with little respect to posted speed limit laws, self safety or safety of others. 2. Inexperienced newcomer, someone trying to ride beyond his skill level with arms flailing (like a squid) to try not to fall. This may be just a Southern term. 3. Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Imminently Dead. 4 Any Sportbike Rider - seems this term got twisted along the way and has many meanings. 5 Sportbike riders who wear tennis shoes or flip flops, shorts, T-shirts, etc. on their nice shiny new sport bikes. 6 Anyone that rides without all proper gear , rides recklessly, or rides beyond their limits. 7. Someone who rides a sportbike on the street as if he or she were on a racetrack.

Here is a whole page that deals with it:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=squid

Edited by tx2sturgis

On my way home from a trip yesterday there was a pair of bikers that were getting real close to getting run over on purpose.

These 2 were driving on a state highway doing 45-50 in a posted 55. They were riding side by side in the same lane. When ever we came to a designated passing area they split so that there was one of them in each lane to make it impossible for anyone to pass. When ever the center line went from solid yellow to dashed yellow one of them would ride on the wrong side of the road till there was oncoming traffic or the passing zone ended, again preventing anyone from passing.

I am normally not one prone to road rage, but it was very obvious that these two were just trying to cause trouble.

They finally got the hint when they noticed a big chrome bumper just a foot behind them in a designated passing area and closing (not mine but I wanted to). They had over a mile of cars backed up behind them.

There was a good long string of vehicles that went by them bumper to bumper and did not allow them to get back in line at the end of the passing area.

Cagers are just as bad as bikers. I got off the freeway Saturday afternoon, sitting at the light a guy in a caddie pulled right uo to the back of my bike. So close, I dropped the sidestand, got off the bike and looked at how close he was. Literally 3 inches or less. I looked at him and told him that if he hits me, be better hit me hard enough that I can't get up. He understood what I meant. I got back on, the turned green and he waited until I was about 20 feet away before he took off. Then he just hung back. Idiot are all over whether they are in cars or on bikes.

Guest tx2sturgis
Literally 3 inches or less. I looked at him and told him that if he hits me, be better hit me hard enough that I can't get up.

Good effective response....unless the guy was an off duty cop or an armed drug dealer....but in most cases, otherwise decent people are just not paying attention...usually its due to texting these days.

You should see the idiots from the perspective of a person like me who drives an 18-wheeler....i look over and see people texting on their smart phones while in heavy traffic.

Delivering freight seems to be the sideline...keeping all the idiots from involving me in a crash seems to the main job.

:cool17:

On my way home from a trip yesterday there was a pair of bikers that were getting real close to getting run over on purpose.

These 2 were driving on a state highway doing 45-50 in a posted 55. They were riding side by side in the same lane. When ever we came to a designated passing area they split so that there was one of them in each lane to make it impossible for anyone to pass. When ever the center line went from solid yellow to dashed yellow one of them would ride on the wrong side of the road till there was oncoming traffic or the passing zone ended, again preventing anyone from passing.

I am normally not one prone to road rage, but it was very obvious that these two were just trying to cause trouble.

They finally got the hint when they noticed a big chrome bumper just a foot behind them in a designated passing area and closing (not mine but I wanted to). They had over a mile of cars backed up behind them.

There was a good long string of vehicles that went by them bumper to bumper and did not allow them to get back in line at the end of the passing area.

Really? Are they nuts??? :bang head:

Last time we were out (in the car) we got behind someone doing 90 in a posted 110 zone. Every time a passing lane came, he went up to 120. Well, my little car can go and I do NOT like *******s who drive like that so next passing lane, I was by him but my god, what is the MATTER with people??? No wonder so many people get so freaking enraged on the roads.

Those two bikers blocking traffic may have just been self righteous and trying to make sure nobody speeds. We have some of those types here who drive cars. Places where you can pass safely are few on this island and there are two or three people who think all traffic is too fast so they drive at half the speed limit and refuse to allow anyone to pass. Then we have the idiot tourists who will stop in the middle of the road to look at real live trees.

Those two bikers blocking traffic may have just been self righteous and trying to make sure nobody speeds. We have some of those types here who drive cars. Places where you can pass safely are few on this island and there are two or three people who think all traffic is too fast so they drive at half the speed limit and refuse to allow anyone to pass. Then we have the idiot tourists who will stop in the middle of the road to look at real live trees.

It is a lot safer to be a self righteous anti speeder in a cage. I have never seen or heard of a bike win an altercation with a truck.

I've seen this done with cars plenty of times, but this is the first time I have seen bikes do this. The truck in front of me finally decided he was going through whether the bikes were there or not, the bikes did finally get the hint, and most of the column of vehicles got past them. I think that the driver in front of me fully intended to hit them if they did not get out of the way. I saw the puff of smoke as he accelerated and his brake lights never flashed at all.

Na, they are stopping to look at all those hippies on Saltspring....:cool10:

That's an interesting article Ndiaz.

I seem to notice an interesting but annoying phenomenon with many cagers, most notably your teenage guys, pickup truck drivers and expensive car drivers. If I for any reason pass by or accelerate away or accelerate with them, most of the time it becomes a game of hot pursuit. Now I DO NOT drive like an animal, I don't speed more than the flow of traffic, I usually stay put in the slow lane, but the sound of my pipes and the High Revving sound of the RSTD triggers a 'lets race' mentality in many drivers. Does anyone else notice this at all?? I do not want to race anybody, so the cars usually blow by me as to prove, 'hey, my cage is faster' then they either weave around other cages, or they just swerve in front of me as if they have captured me. I'm really tired of this. Anyway, just thought I'd vent after reading that article!:225: