IGNORED

Don't you jsut love telemarketers?

etcswjoe

Anyone else like to have fun with telemarketers?

I just spent 20 mins on the phone with a survey taker, she asked me if I fished. I told here we went down to the Captain D's and it went down hill from there for her. She just would not hang up, I talked to her about everything from Hurricanes to the military, never did find out what she actually wanted. I just keep telling her how nice it was for her to call and check on me during the storm, that I was just so lonely.

Guest scarylarry

I like the female ones..

My wife left me and I'm so lonely and thanks for calling me, blah blah some play and some hang up...

When the phone company had that "Friends and Family" plan......I had a ball. I was so excited that she called and sign me up right NOW!!! Been waiting for years for this and I wanted that plan so bad. I NEEDED the "Friends and Family" plan more than anything in my life. How many friends are going to be on and it and how big is the family?

It's tough being an orphan ya know.

Never got called back after that. :big-grin-emoticon:

My Mother is a wizz with Tell-marketers. She interupts them in mid drift and starts to sale them things and will not shut up til they hang up!

I liked the idea myself, so I tell them I'm in the survey business myself. I tell them I will listen to them if they listen to me, but I go first. I start out by telling them that I work for Trojan Condoms. I start out asking them if they liked ribbed, lubricated, etc...... Usually all is fine until I ask them what size they prefer...........................

BEER30

I use to had the phone to our oldest daughter (she's a lawyer now) when she was a teenager and by the time she finished asking them questions about each question they tried to ask - they usually hung up on her. It was always fun!

I really don't like answering the phone or even talking on the phone, We got a call one day and Peggy answered it he kept asking for the "man" of the house, Peggy would say I can help you, but he insisted on talking to me... Well I got on the phone and I let him get through his whole pitch and made it sound like i was really interested. This went on for about 5 minutes "Well what do you think " He said. I answered "You're going to have to talk to the wife":whistling: I handed Peggy the phone She said hello---Would you believe it He hung up!!! Ya ever notice they usually call just as you sit down to eat "DINNER"

I have had telemarketers many times call and ask if I wanted my ducts cleaned. I tell them that I don't have any ducks, but I do have some sheep and cows that maybe I can get cleaned. Just silence on the other end of the phone. Then they explain again about duct cleaning and I say the same thing. Kinda frustrates them and they hang up.

Also had one call about a survey and I'd win a prize if I answered a question correctly. They asked what was Canada's favorite winter sport? Of course I answered swimming; they said no guess again, so I guessed golf. They hung up on me cause I guessed it wrong, twice?

Furniture steam cleaning, I tell them everything I own in the house is made of wood, even the mattress.

Replacement doors, windows or cleaning, I have no windows in my house because I live in a cardboard box.

When you have the time, they can be so much fun. Still trying to figure why they hang up on me, when I should be hanging up on them? Not too many calls anymore, I think they've crossed me off their call lists. :whistling:

I let the window guy's talk. Then I give them some window dimensions and the type of window I would like priced out. After they calculate it out and give me a price, I respond by suggesting they buy from me, because my prices are a lot lower than theirs, or sometimes I just thank them for letting me know that my prices are a lot more competitive then their's .

My dad who is now 80 years old pulled a classic on a telemarketer a few years ago. He told one "Can you hurry up, I'm kind of busy. The neighbor lady is over here and my wife is due home in ten minutes!" The guy apologized and hung up.......:bowdown:

I let them ramble on for a while then tell them that Im blind and my seeing eye dog must interpret the call for me. Hold on ill put ziggy on.

ZIggy Ziggy . Where the hell are you you damn mutt.

Jeeze i think the dog is dead again , Please hold while I fetch her for you.

then I make some racket like I fell . OH JESUS MARY, MARY CHRIST, OH LORD SAVETH ME . OUCH I THINK MY LEG IS BROKEN .

OH SATAN KENMOORE,WHIRLPOOL!!!!!

The best telemarketers are the ones that their company policy says they can not hang up on anyone for any reason. Some telemarketing places to not even give their callers the ability to hang up.

I had one woman that was trying to sell me a refi on my mortgage and I had her in tears after about a half hour of verbal abuse. And yes I felt good about it afterwards.

My phone number is very dangerous when I am bored.

Got repeated calls from a dance studio telling me I had won free lessons. I said no thanks but they kept calling back so the next time they started their spiel I started quietly laughing, They finally asked what was so funny. I said "you are trying to sell me dance lessons and I am in a wheelchair" Never heard from them again.

I got repeated calls from one of those outfits that tell you you have won an expensive prize but you have to buy $700.00 worth of pencils or something to qualify. They told me I had won a 52" TV. I asked them to ship it to me and I would send the $700.00 after I got it. Next they called and said I had won $20,000.00 in gold coins. I told them to send them with the TV and I would cash in a coin and send them the money. Next they told me I had won a car. I told them to put the TV in the trunk with the gold coins and deliver it to me. They said OK. I then said I also wanted two blonds in the back seat. The girl I was talking to agreed. Then I said they had to be naked. She almost agreed, hesitated, then asked if I was serious. I said I was. She hung up.