IGNORED

new boots

Naked Rider

Check out Milwaukee Boots.........lots of good looking styles for MC boots and the prices are very reasonable. I have been wearing their boots for over 12 years now and never got a bad set. They feel like they are broken in right out of the box too.

I have Red Wing boots on right now. I wear them almost everyday summer and winter. They hold up well. Mostly comfortable. Now that Red Wing moved their motorcycle boot productions to China I will be looking for a different brand when I wear these out. They used to make them here in Red Wind, MN. But I guess they didn't like paying MN workers anymore.

Let me know if anyone knows of MC boots size 14 EEEE. I've never been able to find any. I'm currently wearing Matterhorns which are made in the USA. These are not MC boots but are boots we buy for my job. Very comfortable, waterproof and very warm.

Let me know if anyone knows of MC boots size 14 EEEE. I've never been able to find any. I'm currently wearing Matterhorns which are made in the USA. These are not MC boots but are boots we buy for my job. Very comfortable, waterproof and very warm.

Please tell me you're only 5'1" tall.

:rotf:

I went through boot "camp" back in the Spring trying to find some good boots. Tried a couple of different Red Wings but for some reason they didn't fit my feet just right. Ended up with Durango DB510's and I love them.

Whatever you decide I'd recommend checking out http://www.zappos.com

Great online retailer and had no problems trying on and returning about 3 different types of boots. Pretty good selection too.

Wayne, heck your service boots are probably better than most "motorcycle" boots. Galls has great boots that will work perfectly for motorcycling.

I picked up a pair of 15D EMT boots with the side zipper for $60 bucks off Ebay. Here's a listing for a pair of 15EE BOOTS in a Dingo listed in one of the Ebay stores. Here's a listing for a pair of 14EE's. As a rule of thumb there's not a whole lot of guys looking for the big sizes and if they go to auction they can be had fairly cheap....

Wayne, heck your service boots are probably better than most "motorcycle" boots. Galls has great boots that will work perfectly for motorcycling.

The boots in mags like Galls are the boots we wear at my job and I can't wear them. I love the Rocky boot and back in the 80's I could wear them but once my foot expanded to the 14 EEEE then they are no longer an option. But you're right about the work boots. Great quality and free. Once I retire then I'll probably keep buying them.

I picked up a pair of 15D EMT boots with the side zipper for $60 bucks off Ebay. Here's a listing for a pair of 15EE BOOTS in a Dingo listed in one of the Ebay stores. Here's a listing for a pair of 14EE's. As a rule of thumb there's not a whole lot of guys looking for the big sizes and if they go to auction they can be had fairly cheap....

Thanks. I'll look at them but I'm leary of buying boots I can't try on. The sizes seem to vary widely depending on manufacturer. I can wear 14's and 15's depending on which brand.

Yup, Bigfoot, it is tough to find larger sizes in application specific footwear. Size 15D here. Been looking for some dual sport motorcycle boots (SIDI, etc) and am having a heck of a time.

However, for cruiser riding, try http://www.2bigfeet.com. Decent prices and they are really good about returns if they don't fit as expected. Several selections of nice leather work boots.

RR

I have 2 pairs of HD boots and they fit nicely. My HD buddies were breaking my chops about riding a Jap bike and wearing HD stuff. I told them that since the main logo is on the sole, I can mash the logo into the ground anytime I choose.:buttkick:

Almost since I started riding, I have worn HD boots. I am on my 3rd and 4th pair right now. I just bought them both together at the end of August. I really like the sole, and sole material in the HD boots. What I find is, there is no slipping when you put your feet down at a light, and you happen to step in some oil. I guess the HD are designed for good traction, in an oily environment, hmmm I wonder why? :confused24: All my HD boots have stood up very well over time, and after a proper break in period, are comfortable as all heck. I can fully reccommend them personally. And as a side note, if any Ontario members are looking for HD boots, I also suggest you make the trip to Double R leather in Erin Ontario. A beautiful ride, and they have the cheapest prices on HD boots anywhere I have seen, even on eBay sometimes. And as a bonus, if you do go there on your proper birthday, you get another 25% off. That is where I go every year on my B-day.

I wear Bates service boots. I have the 5" side zip with composite toe. No metal in the boot. The usually go under the name of Bates Ultralights. They also make the same in an 8" boot. I wear these 14 hours a day. Very comfortable. My other boot is a brown 6" hiking boot by Columbia. They are speed-lace and waterproof. I switch between these as a daily wear. I have flat feet and find both boots to have great support. The toe box on the Colunbia boot has a rubber type cover that has held shape well. I have found that not all boots work well with foot controls. Some heels hold my foot back far enough to make shifting uncomfortable.

JB

When I bought my boots, I had just started working at my job and bought a cheap pair of steel toes to start out in, because I wasnt sure how long I would keep this job. Well, I love the job and the company pays for a portion of the boots so when the Uniform company sent their boot truck around I bought a pair off of it and am still using them. They are steel toe, high tops, styled like the army jump boot with a side zipper. They are manufactured by Corcoran and very comfortable, the only drawback was not being waterproof, but I took care of that with a can of waterproofing spray I found at Walmart, now, no problems............I just noticed that the Corcoran's are also made in China and look a lot like some of the Harley boots I have seen........:witch_brew:

Edited by DragonRider