IGNORED

single carb

I contacted them earlier about how this setup performed, this is his reply.

Dear mralex714,

"Hi there, best thing you get is gas mileage and easy, really easy maintance, and inexpensive parts. Bike will perform as good as with the 4 carbs and you will get same top speed. But you gonna loose the torkiness and fast response in the lower speed taht the 4 carbs give you. Please let me know if you have more questions.

JUAN

- juan.fernandez"

You know, get this manifold, get a TBI (carb based fuel injection system) off a similarly size car engine, and volia! you got FI! Ok, might have to increase fuel pressure, but my Astro has a TBI and it is running between 9 and 13 PSI, so not by much.

-Andrew

I contacted them earlier about how this setup performed, this is his reply.

Dear mralex714,

"Hi there, best thing you get is gas mileage and easy, really easy maintance, and inexpensive parts. Bike will perform as good as with the 4 carbs and you will get same top speed. But you gonna loose the torkiness and fast response in the lower speed taht the 4 carbs give you. Please let me know if you have more questions.

JUAN

- juan.fernandez"

It' s just what I want to know.......... thanks

I wonder if the setup would even fit under the gas tank,...?

I asked about that also and his reply was.

"Dear mralex714,

Hi there, this is 8 by 6 by 11 tall! I will be posting few pictures of the King in the bike in 2 days. Theres no need to keep the air box cause its remplaces by the filter provided. And it all fits under the fake tank!!!

Juan

- juan.fernandez"

According to typical engine design, Torque should go up with a longer intake.

Low rpm torque should go up, but in the 2,200-3,500 rpm range. Off-idle response (900-1,800 rpm) will go down from the 4-carb setup due to low air velocity in each of the intake runners not fully charging each cylinder with fresh fuel/air.

the simple reason the ONE carb set up is not have the torquey feeling and the seller said. It is a car carb the has fixed jets and the ONLY moving part is the butterfly for throttle...which always results in some lag. Similar to the performance of carbed bikes in the 70's before the CV design. UNLESS there is an accelorator pump on it...which I DO NOT SEE. But accel pumps really cannot fix the lag totally.

• 3 months later...

There is no physical difference in the block up through the air box in an 83-93 V4.

Venture 83-85 carbs are smaller venturi's, but same mounting dimensions.

If it fits an 87 it will fit rest the of them.

Gary

I've been thinking......PVC Intake??:think: More ABS plastic????:think: 650 Duel Pumper??Thinking gonna get me in trouble again!!!:crying:

Unless you add a blower I don't think you could get enough air thru a 650 to make it work.

but then maybe a 390 double pumper.......... and a blower........ sounds like trouble to me.

OR if you are going to do all of that work. use a throttle body fuel injection.

I know it may sound neat to have a single carb but we really need to ask is what is the benefits of the switch, risk Vs reward scenario.

Unless we can use a FI unit, I doubt if it has a great benefit.

My :2cents: worth.

Bubber

Edited by Bubber