IGNORED

Interesting afternoon

mini-muffin

Well first off no my electric is fine, no water leaks and no I didn't get anything else in my ear. Though this one would have hurt pretty good. I opened the door this afternoon and saw a snake at my door. So I slammed the door shut and try to look out the window to see what sort it is. Can't see the head but it looks like a black snake. But of course with my luck it's better to be safe then sorry and driving to the emergency room for antivenin. I search the house to see if there's anything I can use to get rid of this critter, can't find anything. Look back out no snake on the porch, wonder where it went. I found it on the table outside the window. Now on the upside it's definitely a black snake. Still don't want to get bit though. So I get my stuff together and head out the door only to see no snake. Now I'm wondering where it went again. So I carefully head to the car making sure it's just dirt under my feet.

Don't know where the snake is but I guess the temps of 80 made it nice enough to come out today. Of course tomorrow it's gonna be back in the 60's so I shouldn't see it again. Mind you none of the cats that hang out in my yard were anywhere to be seen. At least they could show up when I need them. They will go after snakes I've watched them do it before. Just evidently not when I'm trying to come out of the house.

Oh I didn't use the gun cause I have cinder blocks for a porch that would have been messy.

Figured I'd share to give you all a nice laugh. Mind you I didn't laugh when I first opened the door and saw the snake.

Margaret

Hi Margret, My idea was shot gun.I know that may offend a few but i hate snakes. In fact i had to shoot one in my front yard this summer. Ive had problem with possums,skunks,snakes and racoons this year. And ive had been a perfect shot so far.I dont careif there in my pasture or the barn but they get near the house i draw the line. Keep us in the loop if you see him again. Chris

I'm not so good with a shotgun. I do have a 357 though. I like it better when I find em in the yard I just use the shovel and kill em that way. Chop off their heads. Don't usually kill black snakes though. They keep away the other snakes. I think he lives in the front shed though. But I'm not gonna go look.

Margaret

Had that snake appeared at our door I'm pretty sure we would either be moving or at minimum staying at a hotel/motel until I could prove to my wife that it had left the county.

You're right tho - black snakes are just about the only ones that are good to have around. They usually don't allow other critters in their territory.

Nope the Thompson is at Tim's house. Jeff was worried about the neighbor knowing it was here and he wouldn't be. Just think what that would have done to the porch?

Margaret

Could have made a lot of drainage holes........:crackup:

Boomer......who loves the Thompson .45 chatter gun.