IGNORED

Mini Amplifier

BradT

That looks almost exactly like the one that I used to replace my cassette deck. Worked out pretty well. If you haven't seen it, there is an article in the tech library on doing that swap.

Here is a link to the item I am thinking of getting and removing & replace my cassette player with.

Page down to check out the actual size dimensions of this unit, and note the 200 watt output..

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?dp=F2C20212E6321253F38363938357F373637373236313&stk_code=pyr403g&svbname=16

I was looking at that as well, but found this little one. Thinking it would be easier to install.

Boo I may go with the one Eck pointed out. Sorry to hear yours did not work

Brad

I bought one of these and it works great. Battery lasts forever. I turned it on when we left on vacation and never turned it off till we got home 7 days later and its still working. Before it for my MP3 or XM I had to have the volume on 25+, sometimes 30. Now 14 -18 depending on wind noises and the day. I just velcro it to the device I want to boost at the time.

Do a Google on Boostaroo and you can get more info.

Jay

If it put out 100 watts at 12volts it would be 8.3 amps :sign20:

Brad

8.3 amps is assuming 100% efficiency. Most amplifiers are between 25 - 78 % efficient so your amperage would more likely be between 10.5 - 33 amps. Add to that number the initial surge when you turn it on, and that could be all the way up to 50 - 75 amps. If memory serves correctly (one of the few times), I think our stators only put out around 130 - 140 amps. Feel free to jump in a correct me on this. This if from an engineering/technicians point of view.

that is a 100 watts output not input most amp only put out .08 volts , my 1000 watt amp per channel at max out put draws 100 amps 12 volt dc . and no i do not have that amp on my bike , it is on my houseboat the local kids have found out do not play rap around this boat , i will win the power war , hank williams sr at 2500 watts :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::cool10::cool10::cool10:

Add to that number the initial surge when you turn it on, and that could be all the way up to 50 - 75 amps. If memory serves correctly (one of the few times), I think our stators only put out around 130 - 140 amps. Feel free to jump in a correct me on this. This if from an engineering/technicians point of view.

Actually a 1st and 2nd gen stock stator only deliver about 30 amps output.

When I used a Boostaroo on my GPS/MP3 player I got engine noise intermittently thru the speakers. It did the job when it was working right. Never got around to looking at it to see if it was the ground on the amp or cable but it should not be too hard to fix it when I split the faring next time. Rod

When I used a Boostaroo on my GPS/MP3 player I got engine noise intermittently thru the speakers. It did the job when it was working right. Never got around to looking at it to see if it was the ground on the amp or cable but it should not be too hard to fix it when I split the faring next time. Rod

It must be something like that because I have no intereference in either my XM radio or my GPS/MP3 combo. Maybe the splitter is not plugged in tightly inside the fairing.:confused24: The only thing I wish is that the Boostaroo was just a little smaller.

Ok Brad ol buddy,,,which one...where is it??

I missed it someplace along the ride...

The one I originally posted was the one I thought was small and easy to install, compared to the EQ that replaces the Tape deck. Personally I think the EQ one would work better though. Sorry if I confused you.

Brad