IGNORED

2009 Models?

Bubbajbi

I think it is 9/10/2008 but I could be wrong. Hoping for changes. I am on the list if there are some ( changes) sound system (CD) fuel injection I hope and maybe that Vmax engine.
only big news this year is the new max. guess you guys are going to have to wait another year or two for the new venture, that is the totally new venture. you won't even recognize it. don't expect any venture changes this year.:2133:

I am trying to get an exhaust leak repaired under warranty today and went to a dealer who is not Venture authorized? I did not know that. He could not do any work on a Venture at all. ( not even an oil change)He gave me another dealer to see. I asked him if he was going to get Venture certified and he told me no and that the Venture was no longer being made and there is no 2009 model!!!! :confused24: Any one heard any different?:confused07:

Sounds like a dealer that doesn't know his arss from a hole in the ground (or else he would be Venture certified) and is trying to blow smoke up your dress !!!!! Actually, if he's a legitimate YAMAHA dealer I would think he would HAVE to be certified on ALL their products, except for maybe boats/jet skis. JMHO !!!!

Hope they really come through this time. Drop the height down for a better center of gravity, get rid of the cassette deck, and all the other changes that everyone wants. And keep the price down too :mo money::mo money::mo money:

Who could ask for more :missingtooth:

Sounds like a dealer that doesn't know his arss from a hole in the ground (or else he would be Venture certified) and is trying to blow smoke up your dress !!!!! Actually, if he's a legitimate YAMAHA dealer I would think he would HAVE to be certified on ALL their products, except for maybe boats/jet skis. JMHO !!!!

You would be suprised at the number of Yamaha dealers in Canada not Authorized to work on Ventures as to warranty work! This dealership is very reputable,thats why I went there instead of the one he sent me too. I did not know he was not authorized to work on warranty work for a Venture.As far as blowing smoke I do not know what purpose he would have to tell me something he does not believe as in no 2009 model? I hope he is wrong but we will see.

As to the non certified Venture mechanic I call BS. Non Yamaha certified mechanic I believe (done that). Can't do warranty work unless manufacture certified for that brand. Some of the best wrenches can't do warranty work on some brands because they did not go to that manufacturer's school. Freelance wrench Rod

As to the non certified Venture mechanic I call BS. Non Yamaha certified mechanic I believe (done that). Can't do warranty work unless manufacture certified for that brand. Some of the best wrenches can't do warranty work on some brands because they did not go to that manufacturer's school. Freelance wrench Rod

You are correct about the training. He told me it was different training and certification for the Venture and none of his mechanics have the certification. He said that is Yamaha's rule and hence his dealership cannot work on the Venture with Yamaha's blessing. You know what they say jack of all trades Master of none. I would rather have someone that has an idea what he is doing than someone wing it. I am happy this guy is honest enough to tell me the truth about his dealership instead of playing me along to make some money!!

I think some of you saw the post I put on here when I went to a Yamaha dealer to order a battery for my RSV. The guy starts looking through the parts book like he knows what he's doing, and then turns around to me and asked, what's a RSV???:confused24: I almost came un-glued, I said you work here and don't know what an RSV is, I think I pissed him off but we got through it. As far as rumors, I heard they are coming out with a new RSV with a 1900 cc engine with fuel injection, here's hoping:whistling:.

Guest Vermincelli

Internal memo. Star Motors Design Division...

After careful consideration and with input from our field tester in Carson City, we have decided on the new 2009 design model for the Venture.

Due to the demand, we have realized that the original style Venture Royale is a far superior platform to compete in the touring market and with the new engine available, realized that we could also capture the sport touring market as well.

Please find below our completed test platform. Although we aren't too sure about the color, our tester assures us that yellow is a "cool" color. We were also advised to leave the motor "as is" from the vmax as he stated "Venture riders don't ride no wimpy detuned crap".

God have mercy on our souls.

Management.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j27/Vermincelli/misc/2009-Yamaha-Venture.jpg

Internal memo. Star Motors Design Division...

After careful consideration and with input from our field tester in Carson City, we have decided on the new 2009 design model for the Venture.

Due to the demand, we have realized that the original style Venture Royale is a far superior platform to compete in the touring market and with the new engine available, realized that we could also capture the sport touring market as well.

Please find below our completed test platform. Although we aren't too sure about the color, our tester assures us that yellow is a "cool" color. We were also advised to leave the motor "as is" from the vmax as he stated "Venture riders don't ride no wimpy detuned crap".

God have mercy on our souls.

Management.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j27/Vermincelli/misc/2009-Yamaha-Venture.jpg

Now that is cool...........:cool10:

internal Memo

from Star Motorcycles Marketing Divison

To: Star Motorcycles Design DivisionCC: Management

BCC: to whom it may concern

Can you estimate a Delivery Date on the new Model ?

How Much Unit are we ought to sell ? On our first quick Guess and depending on the estimate Price, we could see this outstanding Product of our joint Company Branches selling in the Range between 15 and 25 Thousand Units per Year.

We should think about giving the Customer another Color Option, but other than this, this Model will outrun every Product of our Contenders, On the Street and on the overall Sellings.

We appreciate your Efforts and looking forward to outsell this Model in 3 Month after first Delivery.

Sincerely

Edited by Squeeze