IGNORED

I got a ticket

Bubber

Guest Ken8143
ok Steve, now that you got same straight answers, __---_-_----

if i were you, i'd pay up, and then throw a party!!!!

it ain't everyday, that a 2nd gen runs well enough to get a speeding ticket, and GOING UPHILL TO BOOT!!!!!

just jt:Avatars_Gee_George::stirthepot:

Good one!!

I have a solution for the future----- buy a 1st gen and don't worry about getting "shot" by the radar, laser, lidar. I have been pegged with all 3, as recently as last Friday. All were single vehicle (me) no one else around. All 3 times the LEO's just look at their display, look at me and start shrugging their shoulders. 1st gen has no flat vertical surfaces, all plastic (don't know if that matters). Truly the 1st "stealth" vehicle available to the public! And just think of the billions they spent developing the stealth fighter & bomber!!!

Seriously, even heading towards one of those school-zone "Your speed is...." radar trailers, at a consistent 25 mph, the display is going anywhere from 15 up to 39, with no other vehicles around!

Anybody else with a 1st gen have the same experience?? Curious:detective:

Dan

A first gen aint fast enough to get a speeding ticket and their not likely to site you for working on it or pushing it.:stirthepot::rotf::rotf::rotf:

I haven't had a ticket in several years (I didn't say I didn't deserve one) and last winter in Kentucky I got a speeding ticket.

I have Geico insurance, they are not real happy that I got that ticket. So unhappy they raised my bike insurance from $187.00 a year to $526.00. Sounds like that is going to be the case for at least three years.

Had I do it over again I would have drove back down to attend court and get the ticket reduced some how. I could have taken the driving school in Kentucky but I don't think that's available in Wisconsin but I think you can negotiate with the DA.

Good luck,

Jerry

Sorry to hear about the ticket. Good luck with whatever you decide.

In Va., I talked with one of the Motorcycle Cops at a demo on Biker Sunday. Was happy to show me and let me use the Laser Gun. Pretty neat thing, even has the cross hairs and he was right, it will pick up a car in the left lane and a bike in the right lane. I would say it's pretty accurate. He had been using it for over two years. Two things I learned from that discussion. He doesn't start writing until 10 over and he's never had one thrown out of court like the old style. Of course, that was one person in one County in Va. Like I said and others have, it's a crap shoot. Good luck with the decision and outcome.

BTW, don't forget to let us know the outcome. This group always needs something to stir the pot and it'll be at your expense. That's a given. LOL

Spotsy

Ok so Sunday the nice state trooper in Wisconsin decided he would give me a ticket (not to the policeman’s ball either.

Wisconsin troopers usually dont give breaks.

68MPH in a 55MPH zone, which is a $160.00 invitation to court or just pay it and suffer the consequences with the insurance company.

Before you ask I have no idea how fast I was going all I know is that I was going up a hill in the passing lane and the trooper was at the top of the hill with his laser radar on. The rest of the story is history as they say

He probably gunned you were when you were at the bottom of the hill when you had the most speed and you only saw him later when going up hill. Left lane is the fast lane they usually look in the left lane first for speeders.

They ask you if you know what speed your going as a way to help convict you in court if you say anything above the speed limit they will use it against you.

Anybody know any thing about laser radar? Accuracy? Problems with their use? Interference?

Very accurate but at 1000 ft plus slight possibility of picking up another target if it was like 800' or less hes got you. The beam does get bigger with range I cant remember what the exact distance is where it might pick up another car. Did he mark how many feet away where you when he gunned you down.

If I don’t show up they find me guilty if the trooper doesn’t show, what happens then. Will they dismiss it?

Depends on the jurisdiction in Chicago area if hes not in court the ticket is gone the outer ring counties the prosecutor tries to get you to plead guilty and if you dont they then set it for trial on the next court date even if the officer is there as a way to discourage from pleading innocent then you have to take another day off of work another court date.

People generally lose in court. Judges have some say in parts of the fine in Chicago area but not the court costs.

Edited by CrazyHorse

I used radar and laser for several years. The radar puts out a beam the size of the radar antenae that widens proportionately on each side, the further it goes. The more of an angle that it hits you at the better it is for you, meaning that his best angle to run radar it straight on. The laser sends out a small beam just like a laser pointer. You look through a spotting scope and put the red dot on the vehicle/cycle you want to check and pull the trigger. It will then give you the speed they are traveling and the amount of feet they are from you. It is very accurate and usually the only way to beat it is with a liberal judge or one that was a dope lawyer before becoming judge, like in my town. Best thing to do is try to make a deal with the prosecutor or throw yourself on the mercy of the court.

Hey Boo,

You need to check around for better rates. GEICO came into the market giving the coverage away to get market share. Now the losses are coming in and they are losing money. A woman was in my office last week that has GEICO. She was in the left lane and someone in the right lane came over and hit her car. She called GEICO and reported the claim but said she didn't want any payment yet. She paid for her damage out of her pocket and the other guy paid for his damage. Guess what? She just received her cancellation notice, because of the accident even though GEICO didn't pay anything. Paying all those actors, cave men and the gecko is costing too much money. Things like canceling a policy for no reason is the first sign a company is losing money. It was just a matter to time before they started cracking.

WHAT A BUNCH OF RESPONCES!

Everthing from

Pay up and shut up to

Try to negotiate a lesser MPH.

Well I gotta say this whole thing has been bothering me a lot since the ticket. No it ain't the money. I would pay the $160.00 in a heart beat if it all went away. But I don't believe it will just go away. The bottom line is the ticket will just keeps on giving and giving and giving (and not in a good way).

The on line school is a doable thing and is probably a good refreasher anyway.

Only thing is how do you get all the cagers to take the on line school too so they don't kill me or you because they are friggen around with their phone or computer while they drive?

I have pretty much decided to go to court. Not to challange the officer but to put my two cents in and throw my sorry a$$ on the mercy of the court.

40 years of good driving record ought to stand for something. I really hate the thought of having it on my record too. Can't shake that feeling. I feel like I am bake in grade school and the principle is telling me "that is going to on your permanent record young man, do you realize that".

Ya I need to get over it! Ya I need to make it go away. Ya I want my say!

It must be that pig headed German in me. I just don't want to make it worse thats all.

Stuck between a rock and a hard spot.

Steve

Thanks to everyone for the replies and the well wishers.

I guess when you look at it and what others have to go through and hve gone through, getting a ticket is just about nothing.

I read recently about the sicknesses and the other horrible this that have happened to their loved ones. I guess I'll just man up and do what I gotta do. It ain't like the Trooper knew me and had a gruge, he was out doing his job...what we pay him to do. No arguement there.

Just unhappy with the circumstances and with myself.

I am closing my end of this thread just because there has been such good advice I made a decission as to what to do.

So Thanks all and those who didn't say what maybe they thought.

See ya on the road and be safe all of you!

See ya at the Pork in the Pines for sure.

Thanks again!

Steve

Guest Boomerbiker

I guess it's the luck of the draw. Running across SD on my way back from Glacier, I missed one of the speed reduction signs entering some Podunk little town. Don't know how I did it; maybe the cruise or the engine throb (no, not clutch whine) put me to sleep. I do not make it a habit of ever speeding in town, any town. Anyway, on my way out of Burbsville, I noticed the flashers and realized he wasn't wanting to pass. Young county mounty ran my ops check and found a clean record for 42 years of driving and gave me a pass. No warning or anything. I darn well appreciated his kindness and my good fortune.

A few miles out of town, another county car approached me from the opposite direction. I sure as heck wasn't speeding. He wave at me through the windshield. Putting two and two together, I wondered about the coincidence.

Sorry about your experience, though.

Guest ezornes

ITs not about public safety, yours or mine, its about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:crying:Government is all about collecting money in any form, I know for a fact they are supposed to generate funds I spent 2 years in Muncie IN as a reserve officer, I knowall about the games they play, actually It helps me avoid tickets, Just pay the bastards there cash and stay off their radar sights