IGNORED

LED Lighting Project Finished!

skydoc_17

Hi All,

As I posted earlier, I work night shift and as I was comming home from work I was almost rearended by a Ford F250 while I waited for a light to change. It got me to thinking how could I make myself more visible for other drivers. I started to work changing all of my lighting to LED's. I also added some more lights.

Because of the electronic flashers the first gens. have, I had to add Load Resistors to the 4 turn signal lights to get them to flash properly. I changed all of the 1157, 1156, and 194 bulbs to LED's and added 2 LED light bars to the rear as well as a blue dot tail light lens. the Load Resistors get really hot so I mounted them on metal brackets to isolate them from the plastic of the bike. I have enclosed pics of the upgrade, If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.

Ride Safe and Bee Seen,

Earl and Jean.

Hi Fozzy,

Well, it's funny you should ask about that! I pryed the reflector loose very carefully with a butter knife (boy was Jean mad!) the LED light bar I put in there has really small wires, I think 18 gage. I drilled 1 3/16 inch hole and was able to power the running light LED bar and the brake light LED bar thru the one hole. Both light strips mounted with double sticky tape and there are no sockets to mount as used with the regular 194 bulbs that are in behind the rear turn signal lenses for example. I used clear silicone sealer to hold the reflector in place. When I was done, the install looked pretty clean.

Hope this answeres your question,

Earl

Padavej,

Glad to see a gent from Va. rooting for someone other than the "Deadskins" nice scoot by the way!

Earl

I think I understand :think:;there is a black plastic backing plate behind the red reflector and that is where you installed the small LED's. I will look on e-bay for another reflector and practice on that before I tear into mine. Thanks for the info.