IGNORED

Do you carry an ICE card

Venturous Randy

One of the things that goes with our hobby is bad things happen. Therefore, I feel it is real important that you carry an ICE card, that's an "In Case of Emergency" card with pertinant phone number contacts. I have one that I carry on me and I also have another one in my motorcycle. I have my name, my wife's, my son's and my two sister's names and phone numbers listed.

I printed them up on yellow paper and laminated them at work and I have them about the size of credit card. I hope I never need them, but if I do, the information is available.

With todays use of cellular phones, it is not as easy to look up information as it once was.

RandyA

Coincidentally - I just did the same thing last night. I put a card in my wallet and one in the trunk. The thought crosses my mind often. I have teenagers at home. When my wife and I go out for a ride, I tell them when to expect us back and I tell them the planned route we are taking. We always make sure we call if we are running late. Hopefully, when they have DLs in a few months, they will give us the same courtesy.

I have had ICE contacts in my cell phone for about 2 years now. It is numbered one through six - most important naturally at number one.

It is surprising how many people do not know what ICE is other than hard water. Hope the right people do though, they should.

Mine melted.

Well, actually I pulled it out of my wallet to look at it and it pretty much fell apart. (Folded up piece of paper with ICE on both outer sides.) Time to make a new one.

Hadn't added that to my cell, but will in the next few minutes. Thanks for the reminder guys.

Another item that should be on your person/bike is a medical information form. It could save your life or someone riding with you. Here is a link to the one posted in the Saftey Section. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2993:223:

If you would like to read a short article on why it is important click on the link below.

http://safetycenter.navy.mil/media/seashore/issues/spring06/ride_to_IBR.htm

Edited by Bvinson

Reading all this ICE posts, Just yesterday, I'm renew my MoTow Card And run in to new discount offered by AMA,

https://www.medairservices.com/release/mbrBenefitsShortTerm.aspx

Is This Worth ?? What's your opinion ??

I know a few business aviation operators have this for their flight crews but they only provide it for the international operations. Haven't ever heard of it having to be used to get anyone back to the US so can't tell you how well it works. Haven't heard of anyone using it for domestic US.

Not only do Honey and I carry ICE cards and programed ICE numbers in the cells but I had Metal Dog Tags made with our names, SSN#, DOB and ICE info. :Cartoon_397:

One set in our wallets and another set laced in our riding boots (old habits die hard) just in case of fire (metal won't burn).:2133:

That way the medics will know which feet belong to who! :think:

I totally agree with the idea of keeping info with you to help if "IT" ever happens. My son rides a bicycle alot.... as in 100s of miles per year for pleasure and compition. "IT" could happen to him also..... this is what we are doing for him.... it is called "road ID"..... it can work for those of us that ride something with a few more horses.....

check it out.... http://www.roadid.com/Common/default.aspx?referrer=4186

Just got a new cell yesterday and it has a dedicated place for 3 ICE numbers AND a place to put pertinent information as well. Thought that was a smart, neat little feature.

In the contact area, of the phone, it's always at the top and it has a red box with a white cross as an icon. Always easy to find.

Most new cell phones have ICE in the number directory now, I put my emergency numbers there and I also did something extra, for all my family contacts, next to their names I listed the relation, son, daughter, wife.....so there is more that one way to find my emergency numbers in my cell phone.

There is also a place for notes such as allegries and such, I listed medicines I was allergic to and medical conditions I have, cant ever have too much info there for the EMT's.