IGNORED

Trike Pics............

DragonRider

Looking really good there. Let's hear a report from Ken on his ride now.

Larry

Thanks Lewis, well Larry here it is.

I'm still learning about my "new" trike. It sure has taken a lot of strain away from my legs, which was what I was hoping. It rides real good, and with the "floor boards" I don't have to worry about putting my foot down and running over it when I come up to a stop. (I have been told that was a problem with those who move from two wheels to three wheels.) It sure is nice not having to put your feet down when coming up to a stop. I still want to lean when going into a turn. And I can tell you that it doesn't help.

As we know there is no reverse, however, it isn't hard to push it backwards. It rolls better than I thought it would. I back it into my garage. (Up and incline) For those who have trikes, the guys that made mine up gave me a "parking brake". This "parking brake" is made from a bicycle intertube. They cut a strip about 2" wide. You put this on the brake lever and handle bar and it keeps the bike from rolling on you. I learn something new everyday.

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Ken:dancefool::thumbsup2:

Ken,

That sure is a fine looking trike you have bud.. Nice job!!!

Have you ever had any more problems with that short you once had when you turned your handle bars all the way to one direction???

Hopefully, it never came back! :thumbsup2:

Ken,

That sure is a fine looking trike you have bud.. Nice job!!!

Have you ever had any more problems with that short you once had when you turned your handle bars all the way to one direction???

Hopefully, it never came back! :thumbsup2:

Eck,

Yes I have, but a friend of mine and I took everything apart and re-did everything that you did at the camp ground. Knock on wood, I think we got it fixed. Thanks for asking, and thank for your help that day.

Ken:fingers-crossed-emo

Guest tx2sturgis

Hey Ken, when you have had it for a few hundred miles or more, can you let us know what kind of fuel mileage your getting?

And also, how you perceive the power in relationship to the extra weight and wind drag now...I'm curious to know if you notice the bike working a lot harder to climb grades, and accelerate thru traffic.

All the day to day issues....and how you like living with the 'new' machine!

Hey Ken, when you have had it for a few hundred miles or more, can you let us know what kind of fuel mileage your getting?

And also, how you perceive the power in relationship to the extra weight and wind drag now...I'm curious to know if you notice the bike working a lot harder to climb grades, and accelerate thru traffic.

All the day to day issues....and how you like living with the 'new' machine!

I have put around 500 miles on my trike now. I'm getting just a little more than 38 mph. When on two wheels I was getting 45 to 48 mph. I was hoping for 35. I have always ridden conserative. I keep it around the speed limits. It still has plenty of power when I "twist the grip" to get around traffic. No problem there. I haven't noticed any "drag" with the kit on. Living in Florida we don't have any hills or "grades" so I can't answere your question on that. I'll be traveling to Indianapolis in September pulling a camper and I'll be able to answere your question then. I'm enjoying my "new" ride and I'm learning something new everyday.

Con: You can't lean into the turns.

Pro: You don't have to worry about putting you feet down when coming to a stop.

And when you are at a stop light (or sign) on a hill (Branson, MO comes to

mind) you don't have to worry about getting your foot off the ground and to the

brake before rolling backwards and starting up again.

Con: Takes up extra space in the garage.

Pro: The car can move over.

Ken:thumbsup:

Glad to see your enjoyin being a three wheeler. As a sidecarist i've enjoyed a third wheel for years and agree with all those pro's and con. Another Pro incredily stable in the rain!

Don't let any of your two wheel buddies joke about having to wait for ya, you'll be keeping up just fine!:080402gudl_prv: