IGNORED

Contest Starts NOW!

Freebird

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd suggest Cedar City, Ut....The scenic beauty of the area is second to none....From C/C is easy access to Bryce, Zion,Cedar Breaks and Kolob Nat'l parks...The town of Cedar City has everything there that a rally requires..Motels,Restaurants,grocery stores,Walmart,laundromats and a Yamaha Dealer..For the more adventurous, Las Vegas is about 150 mi away...

I might add that I co-hosted a ride-in for another Venture club in Cedar City that was a resounding success...

I know I said Colorado would be awesome (and I still think that). Utah would be a great place to go as well. No kidding, it's great scenic country.

Guest BillGoeltz

2006 Royal Star Venture

My vote would go for Williams, Az. Close to Grand Cayon National Park and many other wonder riding places.

Walt Disney World, Orlando Florida

Dinsey give great group rate packages

part your bike and take the trams, or boats anywhere you'd like to go.

and you get to see MICKY!!!!! & Mimi, But not are Mini. Unless, she shows up...:fingers-crossed-emo:thumbsup2::lightbulb::big-grin-emoticon:

I vote Florida also but in july all the northerners would melt:scorched::rain2:and get soggy :confused24:

I vote for anywhere in the middle of the country, Arkansas, Missouri, etc........I think combining the International rally with Eureka Springs would be a great idea (I think our ever so wise leader has already suggested this:confused24:). I would love to visit Eureka springs and it would be centrally located.

After this years experience:cool10:, I am not sure that it much matters where it is held..............I will do everything I can to make sure Baxter and I are there next year.

My first thought would be TEXAS.........but..........that is a long way for most to travel and I think that would hurt attendance.

Thinking of others my choice would be the Four Corners......Maybe Grand Junction that would give us the option of rides to the Four Corners, Grand Mesa, or even to the Salt Lake area. There is some great riding in all directions. I do have some contacts in the area that I think would help us get everything planned.

I would enjoy being involved in the planning........and will make a trip up there to help if neccessary.

Mavrick

I have to go along with the Arkansas, Tennessee, Alabama areas. Lots of good riding in any of those areas and they are (with the exception of Al.) centrally located.

Both of the previous rallies have been towards the north of the continent. The Co. Springs rally kind of takes out the Four Corners Area as well as Mt/Wy area. It would seem the point of moving it around would be somewhat the same as the intent of moving the monthly N. Ga. Breakfast, to allow more people to make the events. Moving it closer at times to some people than at other times.:confused24:

It's time to come south, even if it's Phoenix, The Hill Country or N'Orleans. Sorry Ks., but I've spent a lot of time there and there are just not a lot of good twisties there.

Guest Obsidian16825

The Nashville, TN area would be fabulous for the 2009 rally. We've got great roads, including a nice, curvy section of the Natchez Trace. We've got lots and lots of places to visit, Lynchburg, where the Jack Daniel's distillery is, Columbia, home of S&G Custom Cycles and Mule Days, Bell Buckle, home of the RC and Moonpie festival. There are too many possibilities for daily rides to list for people interested in going out on rides. If people just want to hang out, we've got plenty of places too, either motels that give group rates, or camp grounds, like the Cedars of Lebanon. I wouldn't suggest West TN, but anywhere in middle or east Tennessee is beautiful and great for gatherings.

wow so many great choices with so many great reasons........

how about a month long progressive rally............with several locations fairly close in proximity so we could kind of move from one place to another after 5 days or so.........:whistling: YEAH RIGHT !:rotfl:

Im partial to Arkansas, and Colorado love both areas.......

but anywhere would be great as long as the members of the site are there.

But I sure would like to explore some new places......like Wisconsin, tennessee, s. dakota....alabama.

somewhere in the new england states would be cool......like Maine along the ocean but thats a bit far for everyone except east coasters

Guest gizmov

Northern Arkansas would be great since I live here and there are lots of great riding. Another choice would be Branson Mo., Great town, lots to do and it's not far from northern Arkansas.

Chris.

The 4 corners as Eck said - Durango - Cody as Condor said - I think some of those are great places - and could attract the West Coast crowd out there. As YamahaBev said (or something to this affect) - let's have it somewhere where the weather will at least be decent when we get there - because for many of us from California - we would go across Nevada - and that ain't fun in the heat (I'm sure from the East might as well - I apologize, I haven't travelled that much in our Country). And, I would second what Squid said - I think the scenery around the main meeting place might be secondary - its about "shootting the breeze" with everyone, easy access to Restaurants, etc. Smaller rides will happen - but for many driving the 1500 ++ miles to get there - will be fun. Reading the fun everyone has at Don's Maintenance Day, Pork in the Pines, the Eureka event, it seems the comradery always comes first - with the riding secondary - I could be wrong.